+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22

Thread: Afghanistan

  1. #1
    Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    39,489

    Afghanistan

    After 20 years the game has changed there and so a new thread is needed.

    The Taliban has issued warnings of "dire consequences" if the US does not cease drone flights. Not sure what the towelheads think they can do, other than try to shoot down the drones.

    The real news are the reports of hundreds of dead Taliban scumbags in a series of battles with "The Resistance." Thus far all these reports are unconfirmed, but there has been on-going fighting in two provinces in Afghanistan, with the Panjshir Valley being the center of the battle. Called The National Resistance Front (NRF) it is composed of former Afghan army officers and soldiers, and local militias who were friendly to the US and other western forces.

    Yesterday one of the self-proclaimed commanders of the NRF, Commander Moslem al-Hayat, who fled to London during the collapse of the government, and is still in London, supposedly raising support and funding, was quoted by British media. He says the NRF is strong and in a good position, in the fertile valley, to hold out "for a hundred years."

    Reports claim the Taliban launched an ill-conceived and conducted operation up a narrow road and were ambushed and slaughtered. For their part, the Taliban claim, after an initial setback, they won that battle and are now in possession of 100% of the two disputed provinces. Independent verification of the reports is virtually impossible to get from the remote region. And is part of the reason the Taliban bristles at the sight of US drones...the drones will reveal the truth.

    Another NRF spokesman, in New York, was quoted as saying they are VERY upset with the Biden admin for abandoning them, but there is no animosity toward America or Americans. Saw a pundit on a podcast last night who really laid out the case, and while some of his "information" is speculative, he nailed it. Based on my sources, and what I know of such situations, I think this guy has it 100% correct and the Biden fiasco will manifest in more ways to come. Of course the commie bastard lamestream media will continue to cover for Sleepy Joe.

  2. #2
    Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    56,302

    Re: Afghanistan

    2500 troops was the recommendation, but the adult did not hear them advise that.
    HCSH cumulative point differential by quarter:

    231 522 654 -54

  3. #3
    Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Middle Tennessee
    Posts
    5,124

    Re: Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    After 20 years the game has changed there and so a new thread is needed.

    The Taliban has issued warnings of "dire consequences" if the US does not cease drone flights. Not sure what the towelheads think they can do, other than try to shoot down the drones.

    The real news are the reports of hundreds of dead Taliban scumbags in a series of battles with "The Resistance." Thus far all these reports are unconfirmed, but there has been on-going fighting in two provinces in Afghanistan, with the Panjshir Valley being the center of the battle. Called The National Resistance Front (NRF) it is composed of former Afghan army officers and soldiers, and local militias who were friendly to the US and other western forces.

    Yesterday one of the self-proclaimed commanders of the NRF, Commander Moslem al-Hayat, who fled to London during the collapse of the government, and is still in London, supposedly raising support and funding, was quoted by British media. He says the NRF is strong and in a good position, in the fertile valley, to hold out "for a hundred years."

    Reports claim the Taliban launched an ill-conceived and conducted operation up a narrow road and were ambushed and slaughtered. For their part, the Taliban claim, after an initial setback, they won that battle and are now in possession of 100% of the two disputed provinces. Independent verification of the reports is virtually impossible to get from the remote region. And is part of the reason the Taliban bristles at the sight of US drones...the drones will reveal the truth.

    Another NRF spokesman, in New York, was quoted as saying they are VERY upset with the Biden admin for abandoning them, but there is no animosity toward America or Americans. Saw a pundit on a podcast last night who really laid out the case, and while some of his "information" is speculative, he nailed it. Based on my sources, and what I know of such situations, I think this guy has it 100% correct and the Biden fiasco will manifest in more ways to come. Of course the commie bastard lamestream media will continue to cover for Sleepy Joe.
    Well, they could start executing the hostages we so incompetently left them.

  4. #4
    Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    39,489

    Re: Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow View Post
    Well, they could start executing the hostages we so incompetently left them.
    They have already started.

  5. #5
    Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    56,302

    Re: Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    They have already started.
    Before we left.
    HCSH cumulative point differential by quarter:

    231 522 654 -54

  6. #6
    Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    39,489

    Re: Afghanistan

    It's over...

    US Intelligence confirms as of this week, October 14, the last of the resistance has been defeated by the Taliban. Still conflicting reports on what has happened to all of the resistance fighters, but it is confirmed that 17 of their leaders were executed in a public display of "who's in control." Reports say most of the resistance rank & file made their way through mountain passes into Pakistan.

    Women have been stripped of all rights, and the Taliban exercise a way to deal with drug abuse. Drug addicts are being rounded up at gunpoint and taken to "de-tox" camps. The addicts are given a month or so to kick their habit and become productive citizens again...or they are executed. There are conflicting reports on just how much help the addicts are getting in these camps. The Taliban claim they have skilled counselors and doctors helping them clean up. Regardless, it will probably end widespread drug abuse.

    Women have been beaten in the streets for refusing to adhere to the new laws (which are really just old Mooslim laws). Some women have been sent to "re-education" camps, and some just murdered.

  7. #7
    Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Middle Tennessee
    Posts
    5,124

    Re: Afghanistan

    As long as they are doing things in a "businesslike and professional" manner with an eye toward their "role in the international community" there should be no complaints.

  8. #8
    Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    39,489

    Re: Afghanistan

    If the Taliban had regained total control of the country, these kind of atrocities were going to happen, regardless of who was POTUS. Biden is not to blame for the evil behavior of the Taliban, it's exactly who they are, so this is no surprise. If Trump were POTUS and he got us out of there, completely, like he said he wanted to do, the Taliban would have seized power just the same.

    The only question is, if we had not totally withdrawn would things have been different? We've seen this happen before, like in South Vietnam. The people in these places, who would like to live in peace, haven't the wherewithal to fight for it. They give up the instant the US (and other western forces) leave.

  9. #9
    Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ruston
    Posts
    16,275

    Re: Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    If the Taliban had regained total control of the country, these kind of atrocities were going to happen, regardless of who was POTUS. Biden is not to blame for the evil behavior of the Taliban, it's exactly who they are, so this is no surprise. If Trump were POTUS and he got us out of there, completely, like he said he wanted to do, the Taliban would have seized power just the same.

    The only question is, if we had not totally withdrawn would things have been different? We've seen this happen before, like in South Vietnam. The people in these places, who would like to live in peace, haven't the wherewithal to fight for it. They give up the instant the US (and other western forces) leave.
    I agree that the end result would be the same. I do feel that the withdrawal would have been different. But the very second our last troop was airborne the Afghan forces would have laid down arms no matter what.

  10. #10
    Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Middle Tennessee
    Posts
    5,124

    Re: Afghanistan

    Shoulda never gone in the first place. Unless, of course, the goal was to occupy and rule the place for as long as we wish, but we have no stomach for that (me either, FWIW).

    Those folks are certifiable prehistoric. They don't give a crap about some role in the international community or how they are looked at by anyone else.

    If it was all about getting OBL, was it worth the thousands of lives expended to kill one guy (who wasn't even in the country when he was found)? I guarantee we have little to no "over the horizon" capability left as they like to say. Heck, we didn't have that when we implemented a drone strike on a friendly traveler while we were still at the airport.

  11. #11

  12. #12
    Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ruston
    Posts
    16,275

    Re: Afghanistan

    Thanks for admitting what you lied about and we already knew. Typical government screwup

  13. #13
    Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    53,273

    Re: Afghanistan

    The so called compassionate liberal arse media doesnít care. And the socialist, soon to be entirely Marxist,
    Democrap party with itís low IQ ďPresident, VP and party whips really donít give a smit.

  14. #14
    Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    53,273

    Re: Afghanistan

    Americans and Vets still in Afghanistan trying to get out!

    4 hours ago
    US Embassy in Pakistan repeatedly hangs up on veteran pleading for help 4 hours ago

    Veteran in Pakistan begs US Embassy for help, but officials refuse to grant him entry.


    https://www.foxnews.com/world/us-emb...teran-pakistan

  15. #15
    Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Middle Tennessee
    Posts
    5,124

    Re: Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Americans and Vets still in Afghanistan trying to get out!

    4 hours ago
    US Embassy in Pakistan repeatedly hangs up on veteran pleading for help 4 hours ago

    Veteran in Pakistan begs US Embassy for help, but officials refuse to grant him entry.


    https://www.foxnews.com/world/us-emb...teran-pakistan
    The new America - brought to you by the DNC and spineless Republicans in a location near you!

    Maybe if they presented themselves as Mexican cartel members or unvaccinated Haitians that have been living in Central America they'd have better luck.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts