+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Barmore to be Honored During Homecoming Weekend

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Barmore to be Honored During Homecoming Weekend

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Louisiana Tech will honor legendary Hall of Fame coach Leon Barmore during a couple of events on Homecoming Weekend 2021.

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Re: Barmore to be Honored During Homecoming Weekend

A well deserved honor.

Champ roughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to behold roughedge's Avatar

I hope the statue of Leon outside the TAC starts a trend. We have several 'greats' we need to honor in Tech athletics.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

I just hope it looks like him....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

I am thinking skip has killed the football fan base so much, that no one will be there to see it. Which is sad.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DallasDog View Post
    I am thinking skip has killed the football fan base so much, that no one will be there to see it. Which is sad.
    I was just thinking this. Shame that a legend will be recognized in front of what may be the smallest good weather crowd in Holtz’s tenure.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I have the same fear.... Tech needs to do a big email, snail mail for the older crowd, and social media blitz just for this event alone - not tying it to the game. They could mention the game, but get those older Lady Techster fans to come for this alone. I doubt they will do that, though. If those over 70 get something in the mail that seems like a personalized invitation, it would work though.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    I was just thinking this. Shame that a legend will be recognized in front of what may be the smallest good weather crowd in Holtz’s tenure.
    We used to get a legit 4,000 for most Techster games, sometimes more, for the big games. Well, there might be 4,000 at Aillet Saturday, if most of them attend this event, Barmore will be okay with it.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    We used to get a legit 4,000 for most Techster games, sometimes more, for the big games. Well, there might be 4,000 at Aillet Saturday, if most of them attend this event, Barmore will be okay with it.
    Probably not the same crowd, though. I still think this is not advertised enough. A lot of the fans of the Techsters during the great years are much much older now. They need direct mail invites and I bet this would be packed. Put the younger crowd and us middle agers in there and you have a huge crowd. The current football audience has some overlap, but not near enough.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Probably not the same crowd, though. I still think this is not advertised enough. A lot of the fans of the Techsters during the great years are much much older now. They need direct mail invites and I bet this would be packed. Put the younger crowd and us middle agers in there and you have a huge crowd. The current football audience has some overlap, but not near enough.
    Sorry...my post was totally sarcastic and was aimed at what Skippy/the admin are doing to football attendance.

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Barmore Honored with Statue

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Louisiana Tech honored one of the most influential figures in the game of women's basketball as the University unveiled a statue in honor of Hall of Fame coach Leon Barmore on the front steps of the Thomas Assembly Center on Friday.

More...

Discuss it here.

Re: Barmore Honored with Statue

Looks very sharp!!!!!! I know they are premiering the documentary on him today at Howard Auditorium. I hope they release it after that, so all the nation can watch it!

Well, the symbolism is not lost on me. Tech spends its time, money, and energy on the past while Rome burns down all around us. That's right, Barmore was great...two decades ago...and now, in 2021, Tech has been abandoned on a deserted island. Let's erect more statues to past greats...and just pretend everything is hunky-dory in the world of college athletics. Y'all do realize that Tech being left behind impacts all our sports, not just football.

Well, the symbolism is not lost on me. Tech spends its time, money, and energy on the past while Rome burns down all around us. That's right, Barmore was great...two decades ago...and now, in 2021, Tech has been abandoned on a deserted island. Let's erect more statues to past greats...and just pretend everything is hunky-dory in the world of college athletics. Y'all do realize that Tech being left behind impacts all our sports, not just football.
    I think most of us realize the issues. Doesn't mean we can't put up a statue of one of the country's best basketball coaches... This did not take money away from the things most of us believe we need to be doing. Coach Barmore deserved this and so much more!

Champ LT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the rough

I saw Kim say a few words on the evening news. Was Dan Reneau there?

+ Reply to Thread