+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Guice fiddles as Tech football burns

Champ FriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond repute FriscoDog's Avatar

Re: Guice fiddles as Tech football burns

Joan Jett performed at the TAC in early 80's wore her legendary black leather jumpsuit.. sans bra..

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    You're right. I went to almost all of those. Think I missed the Leroux concert.

Memorial Gym was a really good concert hall.
    Seems I remember when Leroux, then the Jeff Pollard Band, played at Van Zandt's. Also saw Marcia Ball at his place. As you said, the Golden Era.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Lynyrd Skynyrd performed twice at LA Tech. Once in 1973, and again in 1974. The last one was 3 years BEFORE the plane crash.

https://guestpectacular.com/artists/...ech-university

.....Other famous bands who performed concerts at LA Tech's Memorial Gym during the Golden era of the 1970's & early 80s:

- The Eagles (1974)
    - The Electric Light Orchestra (ELO) (1976)
    - Journey (1976)
    - Rare Earth (1972)
    - Iron Butterfly (1970 & 1971)
    - Black Oak Arkansas (1970)
    - Poco (1981)
    - The Charlie Daniels Band (1975)
    - Steely Dan (1973)
    - Seals & Croft (1975)
    - The Little River Band (1979 & 1981)
    - Billy Squier (1983)
    - Petra (1982)
    - Cheap Trick (1982)
    - Peter Frampton (1981)
    - America (1974)
    - Muddy Waters (1973)
    - Wishbone Ash (1973)

https://www.setlist.fm/venue/memoria...-63d26efb.html

https://www.setlist.fm/search?page=4...Louisiana+Tech.

I can't find info on 1977 & 1978 even though I was there. LOL!
    We gonna pitch a Wang Dang Doodle

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDog View Post
    Joan Jett performed at the TAC in early 80's wore her legendary black leather jumpsuit.. sans bra..
    When did the TAC open? I remember the first game I attended there was after I had left and against USC. I think we won and Cheryl Miller fouled out. I don' think I ever attended a concert there as they were all in Mem Gym in my day. Memories are fuzzy

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    When did the TAC open? I remember the first game I attended there was after I had left and against USC. I think we won and Cheryl Miller fouled out. I don' think I ever attended a concert there as they were all in Mem Gym in my day. Memories are fuzzy
    1982. My Freshman fall. We actually referred to it as the "STAC" back then...Sam Thomas Assembly Center

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    1982. My Freshman fall. We actually referred to it as the "STAC" back then...Sam Thomas Assembly Center
    First time I heard that, i.e. STAC, was when I was leaving a game and Bob Ramsey, during Dave's hiatus, made the reference. "You're listening to the radio. KLPI Ruston"

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thewyldman View Post
    Get off the bridge guys. Yeah we lost, but we put up a valiant effort. We lost the 3 games we were supposed to lose and won the two games we were supposed to while looking great in our losses. Just wait till we start dominating our conference opponents. Y'all have been spoiled by the success this program has had in recent years.
    Bump to point out Guice’s earlier posts did not go as well as expected.

Still waiting for that domination to start. 😬

Champ baddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to beholdbaddawg is a splendid one to behold baddawg's Avatar

That aint gonna happen. He's too busy recycling Pepsi bottles for social justice.

Big Dog Rama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant future Rama Jama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    Going WAY back, we had Ray Charles, The Box Tops, Fifth Dimension, Brenda Lee, Mitch Ryder and the Detroit Wheels, Sam & Dave, Jay and the Americans, and many more......in the '60's.
    Wow. I assuming these shows were in Memorial Gym?

I don’t know who was running Union Board in the 80s but they were amazing. Seems I heard the UB President had some real connections.

Peter Frampton (my first concert and first time I smelled weed LOL), Hall and Oates in Memorial Gym. Then when TAC opened: Chicago, LeRoux (one of the best concerts I’ve ever seen), Gap Band with Midnight Star opening. Starship with The Outfield opening. I know I’m forgetting a lot, help me remember any of my 80s friends.

Big Dog Rama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant future Rama Jama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Little River Band! one of my all-time favorite bands, and I was there for '79 gig. Dang! I missed the Steely Dan concert as 1973 was before my time at Tech. Saw Peter Frampton twice elsewhere. And Wishbone Ash is one of those very under-appreciated bands...awesome guitar work.
    Saw LRB at Cowboys in Bossier City and they had the lead vocalist (writer) of Baby Come Back from Player sitting in with them. Great band in concert.

Bulldog DD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her game

Those of us that have been around a minimum of 30 years deserve a huge refund from these clowns that are so called leaders! Guice doesn’t have a passion to see Tech be great in athletics! He doesn’t understand the frustration from the longtime loyal fans that have been very loyal supporters that traveled to great distances to watch our football and basketball teams play! We have felt the last straw and the back is breaking! He better pull a rabbit out of his ass soon and correct this disastrous conference realignment! He needs to form some kind of committee that is ALWAYS looking for excellence for our future! We have been mediocre for wayyyyy too long! Its time to make some serious progress soon or find another job! We have lost confidence in his leadership along with Wood and Holtz! Please!!!!!!!!!!!!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    It was my first game attended in the TAC as well!
    The women lost that game. But the men followed up by beating a favored USL team. It was Karl Malone’s freshman year.

Bulldog bpennark is on top of his/her gamebpennark is on top of his/her gamebpennark is on top of his/her gamebpennark is on top of his/her gamebpennark is on top of his/her gamebpennark is on top of his/her gamebpennark is on top of his/her gamebpennark is on top of his/her gamebpennark is on top of his/her gamebpennark is on top of his/her gamebpennark is on top of his/her game bpennark's Avatar

Styx...Survivor...Bryan Adams

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    It was my first game attended in the TAC as well!
    The women lost that game. But the men followed up by beating a favored USL team. It was Karl Malone’s freshman year.
    Opening night in the TAC on December 4, 1982, was a doubleheader loss. Women to USC and men to USL. And that was after the I-AA semifinal loss to Delaware that started the day.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    Opening night in the TAC on December 4, 1982, was a doubleheader loss. Women to USC and men to USL. And that was after the I-AA semifinal loss to Delaware that started the day.
    I was there for both games.

+ Reply to Thread