+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Guice fiddles as Tech football burns

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Re: Guice fiddles as Tech football burns

Quote Originally Posted by jycww View Post
    Ahhh....... Lady of the Mist. Haven't thought about her is quite some time. Still remember the time I got in big trouble with the wife when we took our young girls back to Tech to see where Mommy and Daddy went to school. We walked in the Quad and the girls asked what that statue was. I said that was the Lady of the Mist. One of the kids, without missing a beat, said "yea, don't you remember, she stands up when a virgin walks by". Never seen my wife's face as red as it was that day!
    Good stuff. Kids keep things interesting!

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Good God that's ugly and an eyesore
    I don't get "modern" art. The company I worked for with the corporate office in St. Paul, MN. paid an egg-head sculptor 6 figures to produce a sculpture to put by the building.....it literally looks like about 6 steel 18" diameter drain pipes welded together and painted red! They even named it...."Above, Above"!! What?

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    I don't get "modern" art. The company I worked for with the corporate office in St. Paul, MN. paid an egg-head sculptor 6 figures to produce a sculpture to put by the building.....it literally looks like about 6 steel 18" diameter drain pipes welded together and painted red! They even named it...."Above, Above"!! What?
    Super-dangerous playground

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I guess none of us are deep enough to get it. Oh well, I’m not too bummed about it. What ever happened to paintings or sketches of bowls of fruit? Landscapes? Or large scale art that actually looks like something.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Public art is always weird. I kinda like it.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    Super-dangerous playground

That's it!!

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Public art is always weird. I kinda like it.
    I'm sure it's fine in person. The cost of these things is part of what always shocks me. That and this one just reminds me of pick-up sticks or uncooked spaghetti. But it's probably just fine. Something interesting to look at as you walk by. Looks like they had to put some kind of art there. Could be worse.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by olddog75 View Post
    That was the coffee house under Tollivar cafeteria, home of the 1lb. donuts and a great juke box. I remember Martin Mull performing his stand-up there.
    Yes, Tollivar. I had a senior moment and couldn't remember it. Some called it Tomain Cafeteria, referencing ptomaine poisoning.

Varsity Bulldog thewyldman Ultimate jerk and not worth your timethewyldman Ultimate jerk and not worth your timethewyldman Ultimate jerk and not worth your timethewyldman Ultimate jerk and not worth your timethewyldman Ultimate jerk and not worth your timethewyldman Ultimate jerk and not worth your timethewyldman Ultimate jerk and not worth your timethewyldman Ultimate jerk and not worth your timethewyldman Ultimate jerk and not worth your timethewyldman Ultimate jerk and not worth your timethewyldman Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

The states more to blame for the statue than Tech. They have to spend 1% of construction cost on art. This was apparently made because of the new dorms and apartments. Not the biggest fan of the statue itself, but it could’ve always been worse

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by thewyldman View Post
    The states more to blame for the statue than Tech. They have to spend 1% of construction cost on art. This was apparently made because of the new dorms and apartments. Not the biggest fan of the statue itself, but it could’ve always been worse
    Thank you for this look inside the president's office

Champ CutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Lynyrd Skynyrd performed twice at LA Tech. Once in 1973, and again in 1974. The last one was 3 years BEFORE the plane crash.

https://guestpectacular.com/artists/...ech-university

.....Other famous bands who performed concerts at LA Tech's Memorial Gym during the Golden era of the 1970's & early 80s:

- The Eagles (1974)
    - The Electric Light Orchestra (ELO) (1976)
    - Journey (1976)
    - Rare Earth (1972)
    - Iron Butterfly (1970 & 1971)
    - Black Oak Arkansas (1970)
    - Poco (1981)
    - The Charlie Daniels Band (1975)
    - Steely Dan (1973)
    - Seals & Croft (1975)
    - The Little River Band (1979 & 1981)
    - Billy Squier (1983)
    - Petra (1982)
    - Cheap Trick (1982)
    - Peter Frampton (1981)
    - America (1974)
    - Muddy Waters (1973)
    - Wishbone Ash (1973)

https://www.setlist.fm/venue/memoria...-63d26efb.html

https://www.setlist.fm/search?page=4...Louisiana+Tech.

I can't find info on 1977 & 1978 even though I was there. LOL!
    No one mentioned them, and I know I am old, but the one I remember in Memorial Gym was The Lettermen, but there were a lot of good ones and packed crowds the whole time I was there—late 60s. Fun times.

Varsity Bulldog Bayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to all Bayou Dawg's Avatar

Aspire has lights and sound. Another rumor has it being used as an outdoor WiFi tower. Functional art I can live with.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    Opening night in the TAC on December 4, 1982, was a doubleheader loss. Women to USC and men to USL. And that was after the I-AA semifinal loss to Delaware that started the day.
    I seem to remember a play off game against Delaware and it stormed all day with a driving hard rain. Sat thru the whole game but I thought we won. I think the game was on ABC. Don't remember what year. Maybe '84?

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow View Post
    Cheap Trick, Billy Squier, Jimmy Buffet and Saga were some of the ones I remember from the early 80's. All in the TAC.
    I was at Buffett. Acoustical Tour with Buffett, Barry Chance and Fingers Taylor instead of the whole Coral Reefer Band. My future wife had backstage passes for us. 1981 I think

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    I was too but I could swear our dawgs won. Maybe I was just so impressed with young Malone and team that I just remember a win. 浪
    I think we won every game when I was there, which would mean we won every home game from the '60s thru the '10s. I'm probably wrong.

+ Reply to Thread