+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Rest of this Season

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Re: Rest of this Season

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    Whatever you do don’t leave them on the dashboard inside your vehicle. I did that once to find my windshield broken and 4 more tickets waiting for me .

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    Here’s what my crystal ball says. Don’t blame the messenger. This is Holtz’s implosion season... the more he tries to micromanage things each game, the more it all blows up in his face. Good team or not, a bad coach can still orchestrate loses.

10/16 at UTEP - Win (3-3)
    10/23 UTSA - Loss (3-4)
    10/30 at ODU - Loss (3-5)
    11/06 at UAB - Loss (3-6)
    11/13 Charlotte - Win (4-6)
    11/19 Southern Miss - Win (5-6)
    11/27 at Rice - Win (6-6) *Maybe, maybe not
    Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    No way he loses at ODU. I mean, that's a seriously fireable offense. On the spot. Like.....immediately fireable. I'm talking about not even letting him back on the team plane to come home. And no, I'm not kidding.
    My crystal ball hasn’t been too far off so far although chances are real good we’ll finish worse than what I thought.

Fire Holtz Now!

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure I see another win on our schedule. That’s so sad.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Well I can rest for the rest of the season. My stress will be less by not watching this. As for the rest of the teams season. I feel sorry for the players, even if they gave it their all, the power of Skip’s apathy, is too strong to overcome.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Like the red hats with the white "T" on the logo...even that is not enough to overcome the curse of Skippy, but we looked good.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    CUSA sucks! Someone posted on another thread CUSA is the 2nd worst conference...in your dreams, bud! CUSA is THE worst FBS conference and it's no longer even close. The MAC, the true 2nd worst league, has opened some daylight between themselves and us.

So, given that, shouldn't we expect to run the table, 7-0 down the stretch and then finally winning the CCG? Skippy says this is his MOST talented and deepest team in 9 years. So, by his own admission, we (he) have the players to get it done. Are we to settle for NOT winning the weakest conference with so much talent? Therefore, I expect to get to 10-3 and go bowling as a conference champion.

Back to the conference...all the talk from Marshall, ODU, Charlotte, UAB, USM, FAU...about craving jumping to a "better" conference and yet they all suck just as bad as any other program in the conference. Yes, Judy is a sorry POS, just drawing a check, and needs to go, but she does not have direct impact on the quality of the individual programs. Clean up your own house(s) first.

I was THRILLED to see Liberty destroy and embarrass UAB! Usually I root for conference mates in OOC games, but can't stand UAB and anything about them. Marshall is another one...hate the Thunderin' Turd. Lost to lowly Middle Finger State? Hah!

UTSA is "good" which by CUSA standards makes them GREAT! They are 5-0 even after a lackluster win over crappy UNLV, so taking care of business. But, truthfully, in the real world, UTSA is mediocre at best and would be exposed playing in ANY other conference. So, we should beat them. I expect us to. After all, we are stacked with tons of talent, according to Skippy. Just need to actually tackle Sincere...

Next up is UTEP...after a dreaded bye week. Skippy's teams haven't performed very well coming off of byes. Like they forget what football is. UTEP is 4-1 now, I think, and feeling good about themselves. But I expect nothing short of a solid "W." They are uteppers, after all.

10-3 and bowling, here we come!
    This didn't age well...

Hint: my whole post was sarcastic and a dig on Skippy. But truthfully, I honestly didn't expect this mess. I was still clinging to a 7-5 record and a bowl.

Ya gotta love it, no UAB thread started on the board. No need to start one.

We are 2-6 and thankfully UAB will put us out of our misery tomorrow. No bowl game for Skippy. It is the one thing he's been able to hang his hat on. But, after last year's disaster and now not even bowling when just about everyone does, Bam! You have NOTHING Skippy! Not one damn thing! You are a loser and have dragged Tech Football down into the sewer with you.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Ya gotta love it, no UAB thread started on the board. No need to start one.

We are 2-6 and thankfully UAB will put us out of our misery tomorrow. No bowl game for Skippy. It is the one thing he's been able to hang his hat on. But, after last year's disaster and now not even bowling when just about everyone does, Bam! You have NOTHING Skippy! Not one damn thing! You are a loser and have dragged Tech Football down into the sewer with you.
    There are so many bowl games that 5-7 might well be good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Good Lord, no!

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    This would be a year to tuck our heads in shame and call it done. We will not have to worry about it though, we will not be 5-7.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Like the red hats with the white "T" on the logo...even that is not enough to overcome the curse of Skippy, but we looked good.
    Yes!
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

+ Reply to Thread