+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Why do we lie to our fans?

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: Why do we lie to our fans?

Quote Originally Posted by DallasDog View Post
    Most of the new money will only be there for a handful of games as well and those seats will sit empty.
    What new money? No seriously, where is this "new money" coming from? Does Tech really have any "new money" coming in?

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    What new money? No seriously, where is this "new money" coming from? Does Tech really have any "new money" coming in?
    Not that I know about. But we do seem to have lots of baseball fans wanting to see great Bulldawg baseball. We will have a true season ticket sellout for the Love Shack. Love it!

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Not that I know about. But we do seem to have lots of baseball fans wanting to see great Bulldawg baseball. We will have a true season ticket sellout for the Love Shack. Love it!
    If they were “true” Tech baseball fans they would of had season tickets prior to now - at the minimum they would of got them last year prior to the new stadium opening

What they are doing now is out and out chicken shit….
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I hope all Tech baseball fans, old and new, have something to get excited about. We did lose 6 of 8 everyday starters, right? Parker Bates et al are gone and with them goes a TON of production. Big shoes to fill. Pitching last year was feast or famine, but overall, fairly mediocre. Need improvement in the staff.

On to Omaha!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    We did lose 6 of 8 everyday starters, right?
    no

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I know we don’t have Garcia, Wells, Ray, or Bates coming back. Other than that, I am not sure

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

New Money, means alumni that don't give a shit about Tech sports unless said team is winning and it's fashionable to be a fan again. They probably were spending their dollar on football 3 years ago, now Holtz has made it hard for them to wear a blue polo on Fridays at the office in Monroe etc, so they are swinging to baseball.

No one thinks we are actually drawing in new casual fans with deep pockets to the dumpster fire our athletic department has created. Any sport BSB or MBB that has succeeded during the TMac admin and the first year of dudley do nothing is solely because of the efforts of the coach and players, and the loyal fans that supported through the build up.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DallasDog View Post
    New Money, means alumni that don't give a shit about Tech sports unless said team is winning and it's fashionable to be a fan again. They probably were spending their dollar on football 3 years ago, now Holtz has made it hard for them to wear a blue polo on Fridays at the office in Monroe etc, so they are swinging to baseball.

No one thinks we are actually drawing in new casual fans with deep pockets to the dumpster fire our athletic department has created. Any sport BSB or MBB that has succeeded during the TMac admin and the first year of dudley do nothing is solely because of the efforts of the coach and players, and the loyal fans that supported through the build up.
    Not true per our men’s baseball team last year and the years to come IMHO! There are the old faithful Dawg baseball fans and a whole new tremendous group of fans that are incredibly energized and excited. It’s a new and very intense driving force and an awesome “loyalty-cult” for years to come.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

We will see, time will tell.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    I have a sickening feeling that if Tech displaces it’s everyday fan with the new deep pockets season ticket holders it’ll be like football. There will be an attendance announcement of 1500 (just to make up a number) but there will only be 200 people actually sitting in the seats cheering on the Bulldogs. Something such as that would be a horrible waste and end up hurting the team in the long run. I seriously doubt that the deep pockets are going to show up every game. Yes, they’ll be there to be seen for the LSU game, but they won’t be there every conference game against ‘who cares’ (insert the team of your choice). I almost guarantee that the Tech powers at be will screw up the season’s fan base attendance somehow. It’s what they do.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    I have a sickening feeling that if Tech displaces it’s everyday fan with the new deep pockets season ticket holders it’ll be like football. There will be an attendance announcement of 1500 (just to make up a number) but there will only be 200 people actually sitting in the seats cheering on the Bulldogs. Something such as that would be a horrible waste and end up hurting the team in the long run. I seriously doubt that the deep pockets are going to show up every game. Yes, they’ll be there to be seen for the LSU game, but they won’t be there every conference game against ‘who cares’ (insert the team of your choice). I almost guarantee that the Tech powers at be will screw up the season’s fan base attendance somehow. It’s what they do.
    They always announce season ticket holders as if they are actually there along with whatever walkup tickets are sold. They do this in every sport. Last year baseball was never been under around 1200 announced even on a cold rainy night.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Paying a compliment here to the young lady in the Tech ticket office who overcame Tech’s poor management to resolve my baseball season tickets dilemma. Apparently a significant number of the people who should’ve been called to renew from last year weren’t called because people weren’t doing their jobs. And surprisingly (not) there wasn’t the sufficient departmental managerial oversight to move things forward on the timeline Tech had e-mailed out. Not only that but they haven’t e-mailed out new to make people aware, Go figure...? It’s very troubling that Tech persists in doing such a substandard job of handling their public service business. At some point this bush league stuff has to change.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    Paying a compliment here to the young lady in the Tech ticket office who overcame Tech’s poor management to resolve my baseball season tickets dilemma. Apparently a significant number of the people who should’ve been called to renew from last year weren’t called because people weren’t doing their jobs. And surprisingly (not) there wasn’t the sufficient departmental managerial oversight to move things forward on the timeline Tech had e-mailed out. Not only that but they haven’t e-mailed out new to make people aware, Go figure...? It’s very troubling that Tech persists in doing such a substandard job of handling their public service business. At some point this bush league stuff has to change.
    Got the same phone call -

She was very polite and explained the situation

Got my same seats renewed

I too find it very concerning that we cannot operate a simple thing such as ticket renewals in a timely and efficient manner

These folks would never survive in the real business world where their revenue and survival is based on actual production value
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Varsity Bulldog Bulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Got the same phone call -

She was very polite and explained the situation

Got my same seats renewed

I too find it very concerning that we cannot operate a simple thing such as ticket renewals in a timely and efficient manner

These folks would never survive in the real business world where their revenue and survival is based on actual production value
    I called twice last week to check the status of my tickets since they were supposed to call by December 3 (Friday) and I still hadn’t heard from them. The young lady took down my information and said they would call me—still no call. I am an LTAC contributor and had 2 tickets last year and wanted to add two more. I guess I’m going to have to call them again. This is extremely frustrating…

Varsity Bulldog Bulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldawg81 View Post
    I called twice last week to check the status of my tickets since they were supposed to call by December 3 (Friday) and I still hadn’t heard from them. The young lady took down my information and said they would call me—still no call. I am an LTAC contributor and had 2 tickets last year and wanted to add two more. I guess I’m going to have to call them again. This is extremely frustrating…
    Wow! I just talked with the ticket office again and was told that one of the workers that was supposed to call existing season ticket holders did not make a single call, so they are still getting back with those folks. I hope that whoever that worker was got fired.

+ Reply to Thread