+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: CUSA Regionalization concept would realign teams in AAC, Conference USA, Sun Belt

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Re: CUSA Regionalization concept would realign teams in AAC, Conference USA, Sun Belt

When you suck, you suck at everything and in every way. Tech’s mismanagement of their programs isn’t going to be miraculously healed by some fanciful conference shuffle. Tech has to earn being wanted and the best way to be wanted is to beat peoples asses. Believe it or not people want to be the sidekick of the bad ass. When you don’t make happen what you want nobody is going to come along and just give it to you. This libtard BS approach to everything including sports is simply a disaster looking for a place to crash and burn.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: CUSA Regionalization concept would realign teams in AAC, Conference USA, Sun Belt

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    At the risk of upsetting JL… This is Very embarrassing
    Ha!

So you’re the one that pitched this to Judy?

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Why on earth would AAC take this deal?
    Because I just heard TONIGHT, that the MWC is in serious talks with UTSA about joining. Speculation is that UNT and Rice are too. Defending their position as the top G5 conference might just force the AAC to make a proactive move like this.

Let's be clear: if CUSA loses 3 Texas teams to the MWC, that will NOT be good for LA Tech athletics. We recruit Texas heavily. Very heavily. Butts better start puckering in Ruston right now.........

This is about a "tug-a-war" between the MWC and the AAC for Texas markets, and the "tallest midget" award (as well as the best TV contract) in the G5.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Because I just heard TONIGHT, that the MWC is in serious talks with UTSA about joining. Speculation is that UNT and Rice are too. Defending their position as the top G5 conference might just force the AAC to make a proactive move like this.

Let's be clear: if CUSA loses 3 Texas teams to the MWC, that will NOT be good for LA Tech athletics. We recruit Texas heavily. Very heavily. Butts better start puckering in Ruston right now.........

This is about a "tug-a-war" between the MWC and the AAC for Texas markets, and the "tallest midget" award (as well as the best TV contract) in the G5.
    If Tech and Southern Miss are not in VERY serious talks with the AAC right now, it is probably too late. I believe Tech and Southern Miss have to team up on this. UAB and Marshall are the only two name schools that can compete for 2 spots. I think Marshall would be happy to head to the Belt or Mac, though. Fine by me. All the other CUSA teams are regional teams without name recognition. If we get beat out by them, it is only because we didn't sell ourselves enough.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

While I agree being in a conference with Texas schools is generally good for Tech, I will remind everyone we have seen this act before. When the EWAC abandoned us we were left on an island with ZERO Texas conference mates, and all Sonny Dykes did was build a pretty good football team, 2011 & 2012. So, it's not the end of the world if Tech loses conference connections to Texas.

That said, yes, I prefer to have Texas conference mates. Probably means more for the minor sports than it does for football and men's hoops.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Boca is closer than El Paso (almost) with no baseball. UTEP has never been a plus for a conference mate.

UNT w/out baseball is so so, but an easy drive. They have about as much of the Metroplex market as Dallas Baptist.

Rice and UTSA are in huge markets. We might actually get a few positive hits from playing them.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Boca is closer than El Paso (almost) with no baseball. UTEP has never been a plus for a conference mate.

UNT w/out baseball is so so, but an easy drive. They have about as much of the Metroplex market as Dallas Baptist.

Rice and UTSA are in huge markets. We might actually get a few positive hits from playing them.
    I agree that Rice and UTSA are in big markets, but I look at their attendance (haven't seen their tv ratings) and I just don't get the appeal of big market "locations". For UTSA, they will always be a little brother of UT. As much as lsu dominates Louisiana, we are not their little brother at least. Same for Southern Miss. MState and Ole Miss dominate the markets in Mississippi, but Southern Miss has their own following. UTSA and North Texas just are not appealing to me. Just my opinion, though. I am good with Rice, not because they have an awesome football team, but because they have a name and academics. People all over the country know their name. UTSA and UNT are not known nationally. And, before you say it, Louisiana Tech IS known nationally (at least the name). They may not know where we are located, but they have heard the name. Same for Southern Miss, Tulsa, etc... A name is everything these days, not the potential market size. Potential unrealized will not help in attendance or tv audience. Saying that, if anyone knows the tv viewership of G5 schools ranked, I would probably jump at a chance to be in a conference with the top 10 in that group. IF that includes UNT, UTSA, etc..., I will gladly change my mind.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post

UTSA and UNT have been talking to the MWC for the past month (or more).

It stems from the fact neither is likely getting into the AAC.

UNT doesn't have baseball and is in SMU's backyard.

UTSA doesn't have adequate facilities in baseball and basketball and isn't competitive in either sport. They also don't have the resources to address either issue.

As for Rice, their administration isn't committed to fixing their football facility or addressing the competitive levels of its football and basketball programs. Where they're headed is kind of up in the air.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    UTSA and UNT have been talking to the MWC for the past month (or more).

It stems from the fact neither is likely getting into the AAC.

UNT doesn't have baseball and is in SMU's backyard.

UTSA doesn't have adequate facilities in baseball and basketball and isn't competitive in either sport. They also don't have the resources to address either issue.

As for Rice, their administration isn't committed to fixing their football facility or addressing the competitive levels of its football and basketball programs. Where they're headed is kind of up in the air.
    I have a feeling our AD has been burning the midnight oil on this. Y'all, this could be HUGE for Tech. We need to support Dr. Wood as much as possible right now.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    I have a feeling our AD has been burning the midnight oil on this. Y'all, this could be HUGE for Tech. We need to support Dr. Wood as much as possible right now.
    I'd love for him to surprise us all.

I'd be tickled shirtless for all my cyncism about this to be proven unfounded.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

This is sarcasm, right?

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    This is sarcasm, right?
    Nope.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

I think we are dead in the water...

Looks like nothing more than a desperate plea in desperate times...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Don't let years of letdowns get in the way of hope. Dr. Wood is a different kind of AD than we have had before. He is a Derrick Dooley with personality and kindness. If we don't get into the AAC it wouldn't be for lack of leadership.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KSDAWG View Post
    Don't let years of letdowns get in the way of hope. Dr. Wood is a different kind of AD than we have had before. He is a Derrick Dooley with personality and kindness. If we don't get into the AAC it wouldn't be for lack of leadership.
    He has dropped the ball on the baseball ticket fiasco in a huge way.

+ Reply to Thread