+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Money Games?

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Question Money Games?

Money Games, something we used to do more of than we cared to, we now seek home and home games.

Should someone finally get a fire under them and get Skip out of here, I would think that would be one of the things that would make the painful buyout a little easier. A money game a year could be the ticket if our AD has the ability to negotiate a better deal on those than we have in the past.

We played those games for what seemed forever, We played those with JRP, Crowton, Bicknell, and some with DD(we still play some but not to the extent of then). Some of those games were absolutely murder, they were hard on the team and coaches I am sure. The flip side of that coin though was that everyone got excited about those games even though we knew our chances were slim to none of leaving those stadiums with a victory. There were a lot more people on this board at the time also I admit, but we did have some excitement going on and it was FUN!

Remember getting called GIANT KILLERS????

Remember ANYBODY, ANYWHERE, ANYTIME......(before the WAC and having to listen to Fresno lay claim to it)

This is not anything that you all do not know and have not already said, but playing down to some of the competition and program apathy is not just a condition in our program but a disease.

I really think giving our players the Chance to say they played, Auburn, Alabama, Ohio State, OK, UT,..........gives them that chance of a lifetime at least once a year to be part of something really special. I think those games kept our guys on their A game most of the time, they were in the trenches together and were a team most of the time.

Wherever the future conference re-alignment leads us, I am sure there are some Money Games in our future. With a new coach and new direction (hopefully) I for one would look forward to playing one of the P5 Giants.

..........or maybe I have just gotten old and complacent too.....but I think I could get excited again under the right circumstances.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Money Games?

In the event our program really falls apart, I think we will go back to money games for several years. If we rebuild back to the level we were when Holtz began dismantling it, I don’t know that big schools will pay big to play a team that could very well beat them. We will shift away again from money games against Oklahoma, Alabama, and Florida to home and homes with Miss St.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Ha! If the newCUSA folds, we’ll be playing plenty of money games!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

cUSA is done. Our “leaders” will continue to lie to the fans , but we are done

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Judy said the future was bright!

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    With Judy Jeep at the helm, that is a very legitimate concern, until we get the Academics off the CUSA board and some AD's on it, I am afraid we are stuck with her. Judy is not the person to lead us out of the desert.

Regardless of what happens conference wise, we need to be prepared to hire a $1M coach, play those money games again when we can to get us out of this Conference Vacuum we are in. Money games will give us more exposure, especially when there is a chance we can knock someone off, ESPN likes that. We might as well resign ourselves to the fact that the choices of who joins which conferences is being decided by a TV Network, that is who we have to impress.

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    In the event our program really falls apart, I think we will go back to money games for several years. If we rebuild back to the level we were when Holtz began dismantling it, I don’t know that big schools will pay big to play a team that could very well beat them. We will shift away again from money games against Oklahoma, Alabama, and Florida to home and homes with Miss St.
    It will take us more than a year to rebuild, probably three, depending if and when we get HCSH out and a new coach in. We will play money games those years and maybe get whipped soundly, no one fears us right now, we are a homecoming BI*CH. Maybe some games will be scheduled 4-6 years out and our illustrious AD can craft an expensive buyout for those teams to not play us.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by BhadDawg View Post
    It will take us more than a year to rebuild, probably three, depending if and when we get HCSH out and a new coach in. We will play money games those years and maybe get whipped soundly, no one fears us right now, we are a homecoming BI*CH. Maybe some games will be scheduled 4-6 years out and our illustrious AD can craft an expensive buyout for those teams to not play us.
    Yeah, I was thinking 3-4 when I said several. This won’t be a 1-2 year revamp.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

We won’t revamp anything until we get our COA and stipend fully funded.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Exactly. It’s hurting us in recruiting, that’s obvious.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Then put the athletic fee on the ballot. That’s how USL does it. Fully funds the stipend.

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    Exactly. It’s hurting us in recruiting, that’s obvious.
    Maybe if CUSA survives and we get all exit fees, possibly entrance fees, and maybe a bigger split being a smaller conference, we can afford those things. There may be a few pros to this thing, and with just a hint of a movement to get rid of HCSH, I could be optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    Then put the athletic fee on the ballot. That’s how USL does it. Fully funds the stipend.
    That is exactly what needs to be done and I do not mind paying it! (my daughter attends)

It still shocks me to think about what I paid for my education. These student fees seem pretty standard around the country. My brother paid $400/semester to park on campus at his school. Student tickets for football were $5 where I spent my first 2 years.

Varsity Bulldog Mad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the rough Mad Italian's Avatar

Just MHO but I think a student athletic fee will be a hard sell to the Academic administration.

+ Reply to Thread