+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: CUSA Regionalization concept would realign teams in AAC, Conference USA, Sun Belt

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Re: CUSA Regionalization concept would realign teams in AAC, Conference USA, Sun Belt

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    The problem for the existing AAC members is the fact the league will become, in one day, a 1-bid league in men's basketball and baseball.
    A soggy cardboard tombstone for what had once been the BigEast.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Re: CUSA Regionalization concept would realign teams in AAC, Conference USA, Sun Belt

The fact is, NOBODY from the Sunbelt was given an invitation to the AAC. Thus, some kind of hierarchy seems to exist. If it's me, I'm reaching out to Southern Miss and telling them to stay put with us. Then, I'm contacting ULL to see if they want to jump the Belt (leaving ULM) to join Tech and Southern Miss. Then, if it's favorable to them, I'm letting Judy know that ULL should be extended an invitation. Take the money from the departing institutions, use some of it to waive entry costs from ULL and whoever else they take from the Belt.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Someone I'd call the #1 Mover and Shaker appeared "clueless" about expansion when he asked the AD at a meeting about the conference re-configurations. Either he was "clueless" or was fishing for an update on the last time he was updated.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    The fact is, NOBODY from the Sunbelt was given an invitation to the AAC. Thus, some kind of hierarchy seems to exist. If it's me, I'm reaching out to Southern Miss and telling them to stay put with us. Then, I'm contacting ULL to see if they want to jump the Belt (leaving ULM) to join Tech and Southern Miss. Then, if it's favorable to them, I'm letting Judy know that ULL should be extended an invitation. Take the money from the departing institutions, use some of it to waive entry costs from ULL and whoever else they take from the Belt.
    What’s the current difference in TV revenue between CUSA and the belt and when are those contracts finished?

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

As others have pointed out…
    1. Big 12 filled with good football teams. They took the best football teams available.

2. AAC went filled with markets (not necessarily good programs) Looking at you Rice. C-USA tried this and it failed miserably. But good luck AAC with those one bids! There’s no way the AAC has a shot at playoffs now.

3. I think they took UNT because they are expecting SMU to jump. This would not surprise me in the least if SMU leaves for greener pastures.

So what’s next?

Here’s what you have to do now (and what the Lafayette trolls won’t tell you).

You have to have some regional form of amalgamation between the MAC, C-USA, and Sunbelt.

But don’t make the AAC mistake. Take programs, NOT markets. Find the top football, basketball, and baseball programs and form a good regional conference.

Do what the AAC should have done. Make it competitive in the major sports so that the conference is ranking every year in multiple sport. This is how you build the best conference not in the P5s

Laughette GEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by THEarmada View Post
    What’s the current difference in TV revenue between CUSA and the belt and when are those contracts finished?
    The Sun Belt was at 1.4 million but was recently renegotiated to be higher in a new deal. They didn't announce how much higher. With that said, some of that revenue goes to ESPN+ production costs.

Last I saw C-USA was at 400k per school.

Champ LEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud of LEEDAWG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    Apparently, what the aac is looking for is large metro areas.
    Simsboro, Dubach, Choudrant, Quitman? I don't see the problem.

Varsity Bulldog talonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to beholdtalonofdeath is a splendid one to behold

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LEEDAWG View Post
    If you can get a foothold in the greater Dubach metro area, you've got to pursue that, right? Highly coveted market.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GEAUX UL View Post
    The Sun Belt was at 1.4 million but was recently renegotiated to be higher in a new deal. They didn't announce how much higher. With that said, some of that revenue goes to ESPN+ production costs.

Last I saw C-USA was at 400k per school.
    Most news sites list the old Sunbelt TV deal as 100k per school and the "new" Sunbelt TV deal as "more" whatever that means. I doubt "more" is in the realm of 400-500k per school.

The most recent CBS Sports news article on the moves list the C-USA TV deal as 500k per school.

So why would a C-USA school take less money for a TV deal moving to the Sunbelt?

Look we are all fighting for leftovers. The G5 are screwed now. My guess is the NCAA will meet soon and further screw the G5 by expanding the playoffs to more P5 schools only.

You being mad at us for trying to make a name for ourselves is dumb. It is time to think about what works best for G5s going forward and fighting over drama from Precious many moons ago is stupid. What I said still stands. You coming over here just proves how badly Lafayette NEEDS Tech. Y'all have to have someone to hate and it ain't Marshall or Troy or Texas State or even the 10 ULM fans in Monroe.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by talonofdeath View Post
    CUSA gonna have to add UMass & UConn to keep its head above water.

But I hear New England is lovely in the autumn.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    CUSA gonna have to add UMass & UConn to keep its head above water.

Dr. Eric Wood, ED, was burning something but doesn't sound like it was midnight oil.

Of course, he can't undo decades of incompetence that's leading us directly into the FCS.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by LEEDAWG View Post
    Bernice! Don’t forget Bernice!

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    Can confirm.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

The next key figure to cut and run could be AD Woods. Evidently before coming here thinking he was stepping into a more or less stable place to try to do a little something to enhance his resume, he did know there was a massive gash beneath the waterline of Tech the Titanic.

All hands man the pumps, we’re taking on water fast and the surrounding waters are bone chilling deadly.

+ Reply to Thread