+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 10/16 @UTEP Game

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Re: 10/16 @UTEP Game

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    If you were the HC, wouldn’t you tell the DC to go back to the regular defense?
    That wasn't the question. From your response, Holtz doesn't make the calls.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    FWIW, which doesn't help, Tech beat the spread in the 3 losses
    Yes, it's very clear from reading this thread that a lot of LA Tech fans still don't realize how much better our offense is this year than last year. With Austin Kendall at the helm, it's light years better!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    Are you sure he calls defense or is that conjecture?
    we keep losing…there’s your sign. That’s who our HC is and has been for 9 years

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    we keep losing…there’s your sign. That’s who our HC is and has been for 9 years
    Exactly right. A 1 point loss is no better a lose than one by 2 TDs. Another telling stat of Tech’s underachieving is how rarely Holtz’s teams ever cover the predictions in their wins. All in all, we have more losses than wins and 2 of our loses should’ve been wins, so in order to break even before the season is over, Holtz owes us 2 underdog wins. Do you think he’ll get them?

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

The fact that we will be an underdog to anyone left on our schedule is sad.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=stodgdog;1813984]
    Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    I'm not talking in code. There is a prediction thread that usually accompanies each of the games. If you want to get a feel for who has a prediction worth considering, read over the threads and then compare the predictions with the outcomes. I don't waste a second of time considering the prediction of any poster who is grossly inaccurate on a number of previous predictions.[/QUO

I just thought you had a hot pick! That sentence was not intended to be important
    Not that it's a hot pick but I think UTEP doesn't match up with us very well at all. We are a decent defense against the run, and that's what they mostly do. We struggle against complex passing offenses with a good QB who complete a variety of throws to a variety of receivers and attack with a layered approach. I think UTEP uses their passing game mostly to try to connect on big plays. Thus, the low percentage attempts would play to our advantage.

We are a very good offensive team. I think our rushing attack has been somewhat obscured because of the types of teams/games we've played thus far. A ball-control team like UTEP will struggle to bottle us up. We simply have to much variety in our skill personnel and our QB is a dog. I could see us running it to set up the pass, at least initially. Wouldn't be surprised if we break the game open in the second quarter and put them in a situation where they have to take more risks--possibly resulting in turnovers and short possessions. They might break off a couple of big plays but not enough to keep up.

I don't think the trip to El Paso will be much of a factor. They temperature might be a small factor but nothing to worry about. My guess is around 45-24 Tech with a couple of UTEP's score coming after the game is in hand. I'm not saying they're garbage but I see it as a match-up problem and a talent gap they'll not be able to overcome.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    The fact that we will be an underdog to anyone left on our schedule is sad.
    UTSA or UAB perhaps

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Tech 45 UTEP 24. The march to our first cusa championship has started, thanks to our transfer qb. Our conference still sucks, even though the mac might be even worse this season. Just be thankful for the transfer portal. It is our friend.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

All these blow-out predictions. Amazing. We might be...and I emphasize MIGHT be...comfortably in front and looking like an easy win is coming, but then there is that Skippy factor. I don't bet on 18-22 yr olds because they are, ahem, 18-22 yr olds. But I am very tempted to take UTEP with 20 and bet some good money on it. I doubt anyone would be foolish enough to take such a bet from the other side. The Dawgs might win, and I hope we do, but by three TDs? Just don't see it.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    All these blow-out predictions. Amazing. We might be...and I emphasize MIGHT be...comfortably in front and looking like an easy win is coming, but then there is that Skippy factor. I don't bet on 18-22 yr olds because they are, ahem, 18-22 yr olds. But I am very tempted to take UTEP with 20 and bet some good money on it. I doubt anyone would be foolish enough to take such a bet from the other side. The Dawgs might win, and I hope we do, but by three TDs? Just don't see it.
    Line is 6.5

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Injury report:

RB Greg Garner is back.

DL Levi Bell is still out.
    RB Harlan Dixon is out.
    WR Sam Emilus is out.
    DL Eric Kendzior is out.

All of those outs have a chance to be back next week.

White hat should be from the group of Jon Noli, Kevin Randall, Joe Lehring, and Tobian Johnson. Those are the four who have worked conference games this year but not this week yet.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

UTSA 45 Rice 0 final

Tech wins the toss and almost elected to kick off but ended up deferring. UTEP will receive.

Joe Lehring is the white hat.

Defense couldn't get off the field in 13 plays including two 3rd and longs.

And Skippy had two weeks to gameplan THAT first play call against this defense? Pathetic first series on both sides. Throw in special teams too.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Well, that was special. UTEP drives 75 yds in 13 plays to go ahead 7-0. Dogs defense still on the Bus.

+ Reply to Thread