+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Exhibition Preview: LA Tech vs. Mississippi College

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Exhibition Preview: LA Tech vs. Mississippi College

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Fans will get their first look at the 2021-22 Louisiana Tech men's basketball team as the Bulldogs host Mississippi College in an exhibition game on Thursday night at 6:30 p.m. inside the Thomas Assembly Center on Karl Malone Court.* It is free admission to all fans.

More...

Discuss it here.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Exhibition Preview: LA Tech vs. Mississippi College

Could be fun. Might take the kids.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Last minute addition that this game will be broadcast on 97.7.

The preview story on the Tech website still shows N/A for radio.

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Bulldogs Cruise to 86-50 Win in Exhibition

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

In their final tune-up before the regular season, Louisiana Tech cruised to an 86-50 victory over Mississippi College on Thursday night inside the Thomas Assembly Center on Karl Malone Court.

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Dawgs won 86-50. Like Konkol said, it's not the caliber of the competition that matters in these exhibitions. It's the team playing together for the first time in a game scenario. Scrimmaging against yourself is fine...to a point, but actually playing someone else exposes a lot of flaws, some big, and some subtle that need tweaking.

And now it gets real...at #9 Alabama.

Varsity Bulldog Haughtondawg seems to have something between the earsHaughtondawg seems to have something between the earsHaughtondawg seems to have something between the earsHaughtondawg seems to have something between the earsHaughtondawg seems to have something between the earsHaughtondawg seems to have something between the earsHaughtondawg seems to have something between the ears Haughtondawg's Avatar

.344 .530
    .200 .387
    .625 .308
    33 45
    17 14
    9 11

Free throws already starting to scare me this year.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

30%, really? [face palm]

Was looking to post something profound to address the FT shooting woes, but what is there to say? I could walk out on the floor right now, and I have sutures and if not for the pain pills, couldn't function, and shoot 60%+ from the FT line. It would be higher, like 80%, but I haven't shot hoops in many months and am a little out of practice.

For young, conditioned athletes, especially those specializing in the sport of basketball, ahem...shooting FTs is mostly mental. First, you have to want to shoot well from the line. Next, you have to practice and find that groove, that rhythm. Good shooters know the instant the ball rolls off their fingers if it's a good shot or not. They (we!) also know exactly what went wrong and adjust on the next shot. There is NO EXCUSE for a Division I scholarship player to shoot below about 70%. Even the "big guys" can practice enough to hit 7 of 10.

Being lousy from the FT line is a pet peeve of mine. Can't stand it!

Champ LEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud of LEEDAWG's Avatar

Shot ~31% at FT
    Shot ~39% from 3pt

Junior was 1-6 at FT last night. He was 60% last season. Hoping he can get that FT% up around 70-80% this season. Not off to a good start on that though. Early season rust maybe. He will get a lot of FT attempts with his style of play on the offensive side.

Seems like FT's have been a issue for a long time with us. They certainly can be a key factor between a close win or a close loss. Do teams focus practice time of FT's or do they leave it up to the individual players to work on in their own time? Seems like there should be FT shooting at he beginning, middle, at at the end of every practice.

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

So good to have Bulldog basketball back in the TAC and have the Hoop Troop again! I love the way our guys pull for one another and encourage their teammates.

CUSA is having the court cleared at the 12 minute countdown mark for the pregame activities and national anthem with the teams in the dressing rooms. More wokeism ad-JUDY-cated by CUSA.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    30%, really? [face palm]

Was looking to post something profound to address the FT shooting woes, but what is there to say? I could walk out on the floor right now, and I have sutures and if not for the pain pills, couldn't function, and shoot 60%+ from the FT line. It would be higher, like 80%, but I haven't shot hoops in many months and am a little out of practice.

For young, conditioned athletes, especially those specializing in the sport of basketball, ahem...shooting FTs is mostly mental. First, you have to want to shoot well from the line. Next, you have to practice and find that groove, that rhythm. Good shooters know the instant the ball rolls off their fingers if it's a good shot or not. They (we!) also know exactly what went wrong and adjust on the next shot. There is NO EXCUSE for a Division I scholarship player to shoot below about 70%. Even the "big guys" can practice enough to hit 7 of 10.

Being lousy from the FT line is a pet peeve of mine. Can't stand it!
    I can live with a post player like Loftin below 70%, but it needs to be no worse than about 65% and definitely not below 60%. Guards that handle the ball in crunch time need to be in the 75%-85% range.

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    I can live with a post player like Loftin below 70%, but it needs to be no worse than about 65% and definitely not below 60%. Guards that handle the ball in crunch time need to be in the 75%-85% range.
    "Hack-a-Shaq!" The problem with a big, like Lofton, who doesn't shoot well from the line is they will be hounded and beat up. Opposing teams can have back-ups, hacking Lofton. That could give them up to about 14 fouls to keep Lofton from scoring in the paint.

14 fouls = 5 from backup #1 + 5 from backup #2 + 4 fouls from the starter to keep him from fouling out. If that does equate to 14 chances in the paint for Lofton, instead of a possible 16-20 points, maybe he gets only 7 pts. A difference of some 12 pts or so for Tech and enough to change the outcome.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

FT shooting has lost more than a handful of games in the last few seasons. Probably dozens of games since the Mike White days. Probably several games that would have put us in the dance.

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    FT shooting has lost more than a handful of games in the last few seasons. Probably dozens of games since the Mike White days. Probably several games that would have put us in the dance.
    No doubt. As I said, a pet peeve.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Russdawg View Post
    So good to have Bulldog basketball back in the TAC and have the Hoop Troop again! I love the way our guys pull for one another and encourage their teammates.

CUSA is having the court cleared at the 12 minute countdown mark for the pregame activities and national anthem with the teams in the dressing rooms. More wokeism ad-JUDY-cated by CUSA.
    Another reason to ditch her.

+ Reply to Thread