+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Ya Got?

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Who Ya Got?

Hopefully whoever it is will require Tech to pay market COA/Stipend.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    Hopefully whoever it is will require Tech to pay market COA/Stipend.
    That takes money. Do we have any? North End Zone, parting gift to Holtz, falling tickets sales and attendance numbers. Not sure where we borrow from for that benefit.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    That takes money. Do we have any? North End Zone, parting gift to Holtz, falling tickets sales and attendance numbers. Not sure where we borrow from for that benefit.
    The COA/stipend has to be a priority. You have to have some Jimmies and Joe’s first.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    The COA/stipend has to be a priority. You have to have some Jimmies and Joe’s first.
    Yep it’s part of playing FBS football. Otherwise let’s just play FCS and be done with it.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree we have to have it. I wonder what we shuffle to the bottom of the pile to afford it. Not being argumentative, it’s a legitimate issue in my mind.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Talk about a rebuilding project.

We need someone with a strong personality also (like a Dooley) who can override the go-along-to-get-along culture in Ruston to do what it takes to win and win big. That's going to be pretty hard to do with the mess Dr. Guice has gotten us into but its not impossible.
    I’m actually optimistic about Wood hiring someone. I think you need someone from outside the Ruston bubble to make this hire.

You need a strong personality. Someone who will push things like CoA, Stipend, Student Athletic Fee. Someone with bigger ideas.

For a HC, I would prefer someone who is willing to let his assistants coach and finds good assistants.

Or do you go with a personality like Rich Rod? He’s certainly a firebrand, and capable.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    I agree we have to have it. I wonder what we shuffle to the bottom of the pile to afford it. Not being argumentative, it’s a legitimate issue in my mind.
    Gotta be new money. The only way things get reshuffled is if student fees pass. Not even up for a vote…yet

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Talk about a rebuilding project.

We need someone with a strong personality also (like a Dooley) who can override the go-along-to-get-along culture in Ruston to do what it takes to win and win big. That's going to be pretty hard to do with the mess Dr. Guice has gotten us into but its not impossible.
    Dooley was better as an A.D.

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

With as little confidence as I Have in the administration at this point, I would bet they have most of their ducks in a row. I would bet that COA and Stipend are in the conversation and that our hire will be name-worthy. That is expecting a lot I know, but the hiring pool is going to be exceptionally big this year it looks like, plus coaches with current gigs who they may be looking at. TECH will be ELITE with the hire, I think they want to make a big splash!

Yeah, I know, that doesn't even sound right, but remember, this administration hardly ever tells us anything. I don't think there is anything in between, they are either totally prepared or they are just shooting from the hip. I can't ever remember them shooting from the hip.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Dooley was better as an A.D.
    I agree, and for that reason.

Big Dog Slackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the rough

Major Applewhite

Quote Originally Posted by Slackdog View Post
    Major Applewhite
    I want an offensive mind for sure.

I'd take Rich Rod if his son was not part of the package.

Varsity Bulldog Bayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to all Bayou Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    I'd take Rich Rod if his son was not part of the package.
    I can agree with this. I like his intensity on the sidelines.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Mike Yurcich?

We could take a page from WKU and find an FCS coach with a big offense, good QB, and a couple of good receivers and bring them all in together in a package.

Bulldog veerbone has turned a few heads around hereveerbone has turned a few heads around hereveerbone has turned a few heads around hereveerbone has turned a few heads around hereveerbone has turned a few heads around here veerbone's Avatar

Just throwing feces against the wall:

Kendal Briles - Maybe out of $ range
    Tim Rattay - Would have connections and has experience recruiting LA
    Ron Roberts - Baylor DC, HC/recruiting experience in Louisiana
    KC Keeler - National Championships with two different teams
    Garret Riley - Up and Comer, but how much did he do vs. Dykes
    Rhett Lashley - unless he gets SMU

+ Reply to Thread