+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Who Ya Got?

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Who Ya Got?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    I want to hire someone who puts together a solid staff and is successful and is hired away in 3 years...

Rinse and repeat

Rinse and repeat

Rinse and repeat

NO ONE should stay at our program over 5 years now unless they are coaching an Olympic sport

I don't want to guarantee assistant salaries either -

Sink or swim - survive and advance
    Agreed! It would be something if we could attract coaches who knew 3 seasons with 9-10 wins and a conference championship gets you a look from a good P5 program. If money is your thing, jumping from $1mil/year to $4mil/year in 3-4 years is a good motivator.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

I want to hire someone who puts together a solid staff and is successful and is hired away in 3 years...

Rinse and repeat

Rinse and repeat

Rinse and repeat

NO ONE should stay at our program over 5 years now unless they are coaching an Olympic sport

And I like the way you think.

The fact Holtz stayed 9 years at Tech --a CUSA school-- made him the Dean of CUSA, and probably tells us all we need to know about his passion and desire to win big. He just doesn't have it. Let's face it, at THIS level, if you're not moving up, you need to be moving out.

I'm excited about getting some new blood in this program. It is sorely needed. At least now we have a chance for things to be fun again.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Rinse and repeat

Rinse and repeat

Rinse and repeat

Champ dawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Fire the whole staff now***. And tell them they can apply for their same position or some other position when the new HC is hired. Maybe the new HC will see merit and hire back some of the current staff.

*** unless that disrupts recruiting and then in that case, keep a couple of guys who are key to recruiting.
    Holtz said in his last interview he thinks we have 10 commitments right now. If that’s the case, recruiting was already disrupted by laziness and a reliance on the transfer portal.

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by dawgtired View Post
    Holtz said in his last interview he thinks we have 10 commitments right now. If that’s the case, recruiting was already disrupted by laziness and a reliance on the transfer portal.
    I think it’s safe to say we won’t be signing many during the early period. I’m curious how many scholarships we have available this year. The new coach definitely needs to already have connections in our recruiting area.

Puppy scribe62 is an unknown

I hope the search is a successful one. Since Tech and NSU aren't rivals, the success of one school doesn't hurt the other. Ultimately, it is all about the young people who represent our schools. And they deserve a chance to be part of a winning program.

Puppy CanadaDawg has turned a few heads around hereCanadaDawg has turned a few heads around hereCanadaDawg has turned a few heads around hereCanadaDawg has turned a few heads around here

Just throwing this out there but what about John Carr. Dad a bulldog legend and John played here so might be in for the long haul, has made his bones in Juco and Div 1, and I would think he has his hand on the pulse of Louisiana high school recruiting….

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaDawg View Post
    Just throwing this out there but what about John Carr. Dad a bulldog legend and John played here so might be in for the long haul, has made his bones in Juco and Div 1, and I would think he has his hand on the pulse of Louisiana high school recruiting….
    John is a great guy. He is been around the world in coaching but has not set himself up for FBS football. Not sure he is even in the sites of FCS football.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

The early signing period after a coaching change has been disastrous at most schools. It'll be great if we can hang on to very much of what we've got lined up. And if we end up hiring someone coaching now, hopefully they bring some talent with them.

But chances are this class will be on the small side.

+ Reply to Thread