+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Has Guice, Holtz and the former AD guided Tech to irrelevance?

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Has Guice, Holtz and the former AD guided Tech to irrelevance?

I am one who couldn’t care less about playing in state schools. Not because I think we are above it, but because it does nothing for either side to garner national attention. Those games aren’t program builders. We are terrible at scheduling and it surprises me that our people haven’t scheduled games with ULL and ULM because it would take no effort. In most everything, they appear to take the easy route, except this one thing. I have no issues being in a conference with you guys if that is truly in our best interest. I don’t trust our leadership to know what it in our best interest and they will be content if we get invited to another conference by accident.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Actually, I don't think going "Indy" is the death nail it used to be. We could probably schedule an FCS like we always do, plus BYU, UMASS, Liberty, Army, NMSU, UCONN and CUSAer's UTEP, Marshall, MTSU, WKU, ODU & FIU. That's 13 games without trying.
    I just don't think so, Mikey. When it comes to MBB and BsB, we have not chance in Hades of getting any favors. Oh, and football? What bowl slots are open to independents,
    Are there any indepedents in G5?
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    How would our recruiting be impacted as an Independent?
    I have thought about this a good deal lately. Some of our best players where here while we were independent.

An independent schedule may not be a bad thing at all….and the more I think about it, the more I like it. We would need a real tie in with the independence bowl to make it work.

Sure, it would sorta suck for the non-football sports but let’s be honest…we have not accomplished all that much in the WAC or CUSA with those programs.

Being independent in football keeps us out of a dying CUSA and a SBC that no one outside of the SBC relates to.

That said, right now, I’ll take SBC over what is left in CUSA and we should never be in a conference with UTEP again.

Bulldog shrevedawg is a jewel in the roughshrevedawg is a jewel in the roughshrevedawg is a jewel in the roughshrevedawg is a jewel in the roughshrevedawg is a jewel in the roughshrevedawg is a jewel in the roughshrevedawg is a jewel in the roughshrevedawg is a jewel in the roughshrevedawg is a jewel in the roughshrevedawg is a jewel in the roughshrevedawg is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    So if CUSA gets down to 6 teams, can Holtz finally win it or nah?
    Is UTEP still in CUSA? Asking for a friend.

Champ Lotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by faninmonroe View Post
    I have thought about this a good deal lately. Some of our best players where here while we were independent.

An independent schedule may not be a bad thing at all….and the more I think about it, the more I like it. We would need a real tie in with the independence bowl to make it work.

If Missy Setter is still a part of the I-Bowl committee, you might as well forget it. Besides, I thought Tech and the I-Bowl were not on good terms!

Champ Lotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by shrevedawg View Post
    Is UTEP still in CUSA? Asking for a friend.

Uhhhhh......Yes?

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Never fear! Our visionary leaders have released the following statement.

Louisiana Tech University has a history of excellence in the classroom and on the field of play. We are confident that our University is positioned for future success both athletically and academically.

The success of our student-athletes and teams makes us proud, and the future holds more opportunities for continued success. Louisiana Tech has innovated and succeeded regardless of the national landscape and realignment.

Louisiana Tech is coming off its seventh straight bowl appearance, a run to the Final Four in the National Invitation Tournament, and a top 16 national seed in the NCAA Baseball Championships. We were one of just 12 programs in the country to play in the postseason in football, men's basketball, and baseball (one of only three non-Power 5 institutions).

Louisiana Tech has invested in excess of $100 million in our athletic facilities since the summer of 2013, including construction of new baseball, softball, and soccer facilities and more than $40 million in construction with the Davison Athletics Complex and Joe Aillet Stadium Press Box and Suites. In the very near future we will announce plans to begin construction on athletic facilities that will enhance our recruitment of top caliber student-athletes.

We boast famous alumni in Terry Bradshaw, Karl Malone, Willie Roaf, Teresa Weatherspoon, Fred Dean, Kim Mulkey, and Leon Barmore – the Who's Who of the most prestigious halls of fame in their respective sports. Our student-athletes have earned national championships in football and women's basketball, and we boast a nationally respected academic resume.

As we engage in discussions with our league partners and other nationally renowned universities around the country, we are confident that the future for Louisiana Tech is bright.
    Well, I say statement. It doesn't actually state anything.

Champ Gladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post

Why lie to us fans, this university isn't positioned for anything except the gutter.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Gladzilla View Post
    Why lie to us fans, this university isn't positioned for anything except the gutter.
    I honestly believe they are sincerely stating what they believe to be the truth.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Could be like UTEP and begin it with saying we are proud members of C-USA!

Varsity Bulldog Brad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud of

You are right. It doesn’t say anything. When reading it, I felt like I was reading an “About” page on a company website.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like they basically acknowledged that they hope our past will make us attractive since we have no one on staff presently that can sell us.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    You are right. It doesn’t say anything. When reading it, I felt like I was reading an “About” page on a company website.
    They are hoping to revitalize core engagement through the use of leveraged techniques

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Yeah it just makes you think that they are aware major realignments are taking place. But have no plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    Yeah it just makes you think that they are aware major realignments are taking place.
    I'm not sure they are aware, haha

+ Reply to Thread