+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Has Guice, Holtz and the former AD guided Tech to irrelevance?

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Has Guice, Holtz and the former AD guided Tech to irrelevance?

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    Tech is still bound by the annual maximum transfer limit from the Board of Regents. Student fees can only make up any difference between the sum of the maximum basic transfer limit (3% of Tech's annual operating budget) plus the cost of athletic scholarships compared to the total amount actually transferred. If there is a gap between those amounts, it would have to be well under under $1 million annually or a student fee would have already been proposed. It's certainly not enough to justify increasing student fees a significant amount.
    Does LSU and other state schools have an athletic fee? I thought we did in the '70s

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    The old CUSA and now the new AAC, are all about "market size." Never mind that 99% of Houston doesn't give a rat's ass about Rice, they happen to be located in a large populated area. Same can be said about the other invitees. UNT? UNT? Really? No baseball, no football either! Performance on the field doesn't matter to them.

I am not shocked, nor disappointed because I have told y'all before, it's all about managing "expectations." Tech had ZERO chance of an invite from the AAC, which is now just a watered-down version of the current CUSA. And Dr. Wood is an empty suit. If you hook your cart to his horse, you are in for more disappointments to come.

We are Louisiana Tech! Embrace the suck!
    Seems the SB may be our best option, either raiding or joining, if it is still an option. I hate to say that but I always figured they were our safety valve.

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    AMEN to this post, especially the big print!
    I agree so don't understand why we are always on the ropes. We should be at the top

Quote Originally Posted by CajunBird View Post
    Well, you probably know by now, JMU, USM, ODU and Marshall are headed to the Sun Belt. CUSA will now have five schools with eight full time members needed to have an FBS conference. Do you think CUSA will look to Liberty (well I know that's happening), NMSU (for UTEP) and an FBS call up (Sam Houston perhaps) to get to eight?

As far as the Sun Belt is concerned, I know most weren't excited about the prospect. But your administration's perceived apathy didn't turn off the SBC. It was your administration's arrogance, starting with Dan Reneau when LT joined the WAC. And it ended with the now infamous Tommy McClelland video. THAT'S where your fingers should be pointed.
    How are any of the schools listed better options than Tech?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    How are any of the schools listed better options than Tech?
    That's an easy one...none of them are Tech.

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

I heard LFR dressed them down today at the Alumni luncheon. I

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GEAUX UL View Post
    Because I want to be. Why are you here?
    Pretty trashy to come here and do the crap you’re doing.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eagle2180 View Post
    I miss LFR.

I can’t imagine he is happy right now.

I miss Dawg06.

I can’t imagine he is happy right now either.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

I think Tech should change it’s mascot from a bulldog to Mickey Mouse since that’s who we act like in the big scale of things. When everything falls out and the dust settles, we can all pinch our noses for the shit pile we’ll be in thanks to our pathetic leaders and failed visionaries. With no trust or confidence in him, Guice should be replaced. Let’s start there and let the dominos fall there after.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eagle2180 View Post
    Would have loved to hear that.

Champ Bill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant future

This is embarrassing. We’ve talked a lot of s**t over the years that we apparently can’t back up.

Nobody and I mean nobody is talking about Louisiana Tech with respect to conference realignment (except listing us as one of the five schools left in C-USA).

We’ve been forgotten.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Big Dog BCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to all

Holtz will decide it's time to move on now. This entire conference scenario will solve the Hotlz problem. He won't want to be associated with this fiasco.

One can dream, can't they?

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BCSDAWG View Post
    Holtz will decide it's time to move on now. This entire conference scenario will solve the Hotlz problem. He won't want to be associated with this fiasco.

One can dream, can't they?
    It will have the opposite effect. If we stay in CUSA and invite a bunch of cream puffs to the conference, he will have a pretty easy path to 8 wins, and he’ll never leave. If we go Indy, he has a built in excuse for losing. Win-win for him.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    It will have the opposite effect. If we stay in CUSA and invite a bunch of cream puffs to the conference, he will have a pretty easy path to 8 wins, and he’ll never leave. If we go Indy, he has a built in excuse for losing. Win-win for him.
    im afraid you are correct. This is the perfect set-up. He can stay as long as he wants. I felt sorry for the Rice baseball coach as he slowly walked to the mound. Skip can be there as long, slowly walking along the sidelines. No one will steal him from us, so he is here until he retires.

+ Reply to Thread