+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Has Guice, Holtz and the former AD guided Tech to irrelevance?

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Has Guice, Holtz and the former AD guided Tech to irrelevance?

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    It's true that Dooley did that stuff. He has some blue blood tendencies. To me, there really isn't a separation in the G5 conferences at this point. They're all about the same.
    What does Dooley have to do with 2 yrs ago as Go SWLa wrote?

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    What does Dooley have to do with 2 yrs ago as Go SWLa wrote?
    I don't know, I was responding to a specific post.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    You must reside in a parallel universe...
    That was who we seemed to be at one point. At least I thought so. Not recently, though.

I used to approach every Saturday with the belief we could win, no matter how undermanned we appeared. And the product on the field was fun to watch.

Not anymore. I would not have been shocked at a loss to SELA or anyone else on the schedule. When we're up going into the fourth quarter, I brace myself for disappointment (which doesn't have the sting it once did).

Champ Gladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud of

Watch it, the baseball ticket fiasco will be the end for many.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gladzilla View Post
    Watch it, the baseball ticket fiasco will be the end for many.
    Yep, I’m waiting to see what sort of flim flam ticket screwing they throw at me this time. I’m just one more Tech swindle away from never supporting or attending anything again. I’ve been at it for 40+ years and I’m teetering on the edge of being done for good.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    Yep, I’m waiting to see what sort of flim flam ticket screwing they throw at me this time. I’m just one more Tech swindle away from never supporting or attending anything again. I’ve been at it for 40+ years and I’m teetering on the edge of being done for good.
    And the saddest thing is they truly don't care about destroying their loyal fan base, they don't care about trying to build loyal fans in the students and graduates either. They haven't for a long time. They just care about the handful of older big donors. Every time one of them passes away, they need us more, but it seems they work harder to piss us off and drive us away.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

The simple truth of the matter is they don't care. They have no bigger ideas than what is in front of them. So they are always reactive, not proactive.

Dr. Wood has gone into a shell and has no clue what is going on.
    Dr. Guice is "blindsided" by these moves.

There is no greater vision than reaction.

Marshall will NOT be in a conference with UTEP ever again, so they are leaving. USM is taking a life raft. The C-USA titanic is sinking, and there is NOT a single visionary leader at the top. Just passive reactive ones.

You mean our new facilities and better academics couldn't bypass UTSA's crappy facilities and academics because we are small market? Yep. Nobody bothered to come up with a plan B, because nobody is leading the ship.

Champ Gladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    I am with you, I am a 4th generation graduate, so proud that I may have cried during my graduation. Screw with baseball tickets and I'll never attend another Louisiana Tech sporting event. I 100% expect to lose my seat or get moved thanks to a gold lot member who first time season ticket holder for baseball.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Well...we could park all other sports in the Southland Conference and have football go indy. It actually could work. Regardless of what happens, I am so glad we have Guice as prez because "he gets it." Just think how bad things would be if DR was still in charge...why, we might have ended up being abandoned again and left without a viable FBS conference. Whew! glad that won't happen...

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    The simple truth of the matter is they don't care. They have no bigger ideas than what is in front of them. So they are always reactive, not proactive.

Dr. Wood has gone into a shell and has no clue what is going on.
    Dr. Guice is "blindsided" by these moves.

There is no greater vision than reaction.

Marshall will NOT be in a conference with UTEP ever again, so they are leaving. USM is taking a life raft. The C-USA titanic is sinking, and there is NOT a single visionary leader at the top. Just passive reactive ones.

You mean our new facilities and better academics couldn't bypass UTSA's crappy facilities and academics because we are small market? Yep. Nobody bothered to come up with a plan B, because nobody is leading the ship.
    That's a really good post.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Well...we could park all other sports in the Southland Conference and have football go indy. It actually could work. Regardless of what happens, I am so glad we have Guice as prez because "he gets it." Just think how bad things would be if DR was still in charge...why, we might have ended up being abandoned again and left without a viable FBS conference. Whew! glad that won't happen...
    Actually, I don't think going "Indy" is the death nail it used to be. We could probably schedule an FCS like we always do, plus BYU, UMASS, Liberty, Army, NMSU, UCONN and CUSAer's UTEP, Marshall, MTSU, WKU, ODU & FIU. That's 13 games without trying.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Actually, I don't think going "Indy" is the death nail it used to be. We could probably schedule an FCS like we always do, plus BYU, UMASS, Liberty, Army, NMSU, UCONN and CUSAer's UTEP, Marshall, MTSU, WKU, ODU & FIU. That's 13 games without trying.
    We might be required to play 2 money games again like in years past. But that won’t be tough to put together. Also, I can’t imagine that USM wouldn’t be open to keeping a series going.

Puppy SlickRick Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeSlickRick Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeSlickRick Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeSlickRick Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeSlickRick Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeSlickRick Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeSlickRick Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeSlickRick Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeSlickRick Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeSlickRick Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeSlickRick Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    We might be required to play 2 money games again like in years past. But that won’t be tough to put together. Also, I can’t imagine that USM wouldn’t be open to keeping a series going.
    We'll play y'all.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

How would our recruiting be impacted as an Independent?

Varsity Bulldog CajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time CajunDave1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick View Post
    We'll play y'all.
    Rick,

If they didn't want to play the Cajuns after beating us twice during the Hud era, they damn sure don't want a piece of UL now! They should probably hang onto those last victories for as long as they can, because those days are long gone!

+ Reply to Thread