+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Has Guice, Holtz and the former AD guided Tech to irrelevance?

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Has Guice, Holtz and the former AD guided Tech to irrelevance?

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    What could he say that would make you feel better?
    Speaking just for myself, I'd like total transparency about how all of this went down. Were we completely blindsided? I don't even care if the conversation is super uncomfortable. This is historic as a "left behind" story.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    Speaking just for myself, I'd like total transparency about how all of this went down. Were we completely blindsided? I don't even care if the conversation is super uncomfortable. This is historic as a "left behind" story.
    Yes. As it is, we're back to our normal situation of no one knowing exactly what happened except for the fact that we're locked outside again, wondering why this keeps happening.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Yep, be honest, if we F'ed up say so. Let me vent my anger and move on. At least I will know it truly was a "you" instead of "me " when our relationship ended

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    Dr. Eric Wood interview on The Company at 4:30 today.
    Coning on now.

If he had his toe the conference realignment waters he would have already given a statement.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DallasDog View Post
    Yep, be honest, if we F'ed up say so. Let me vent my anger and move on. At least I will know it truly was a "you" instead of "me " when our relationship ended
    Sure, but if he says we weren't blindsided, is anybody gonna accept that? Will anybody accept that we were prepared and had a good case, but they decided on markets?

I think you know the answer.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

So Dr Wood said: We never applied to the AAC because he (Dr Wood) knew they were going for major metro markets. I don't know if that was a conversation he had with Aresco or what, but he also said that schools don't "apply" for an opening per se, they're invited (I thought schools applied for openings similarly to the way you'd apply for an opening at a business. Apparently that's not how it goes). And that as of TODAY, there are 8 remaining schools in CUSA and they are all working together, but at the end of the day, every school, including Louisiana Tech has to do what is best for them.

That last comment was a little cryptic, but i was reading that to say, it's not over, and we may have some additional defectors...

At this point, I personally think we need to be joined at the hip with USM...wherever they go, I want to be. Wins/losses do NOT matter in this game. They are us, we are them...

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

We know that market size was a huge factor. That factor was never going to be overcome without a substantially larger budget (probably at least $10 million more) than Tech currently has.

My biggest gripe is that after the WAC invitation Reneau declared victory and put things on cruise control. So Tech was not close to being in a position for any C-USA invitation when C-USA pulled schools from the WAC for 2005. All the work that was done between then and the C-USA invitation barely got Tech over the line for that invitation. Had a big push been made between 1999 and 2003, it still might not have gotten Tech into C-USA then. But the work done from 2004 on would have started from a much stronger position if the push had started in or before 1999.

During its time in C-USA, Tech's budget has only increased 22.5% from 2013-2014 to 2019-2020 ($23.5 million). That just isn't good enough. Tech could have gotten some consideration (still might not have been enough) with a budget of $30+ million. Serious consideration was never happening this time around.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Sure, but if he says we weren't blindsided, is anybody gonna accept that? Will anybody accept that we were prepared and had a good case, but they decided on markets?

I think you know the answer.
    I would as long as he laid out what we actually did, instead of just the usual we tried hard without details.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    I just don't think so, Mikey. When it comes to MBB and BsB, we have not chance in Hades of getting any favors. Oh, and football? What bowl slots are open to independents,
    Are there any indepedents in G5?
    LOL! Welcome to the bed your atheltic administration has made, Twinkletoes.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Looks like they basically acknowledged that they hope our past will make us attractive since we have no one on staff presently that can sell us.
    LA Tech's leadership is in denial. They think because Tech has always been a model citizen and a winner in CUSA that this will count for something. It doesn't. You gotta find out what the customer (the AAC) really wants, and craft your response to show how LA Tech can excel at providing THAT.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    And to my knowledge, we still haven't heard a single word from our "Vice President, and DIRECTOR OF ATHLETICS" about any of this. ( I saw the radio interview discussed above, but Wood wasn't really grilled about what the AAC is looking for, and what Tech's shortcomings were.)

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    LA Tech's leadership is in denial. They think because Tech has always been a model citizen and a winner in CUSA that this will count for something. It doesn't. You gotta find out what the customer (the AAC) really wants, and craft your response to show how LA Tech can excel at providing THAT.
    If all they want is a metro area, we can’t provide that.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    And to my knowledge, we still haven't heard a single word from our "Vice President, and DIRECTOR OF ATHLETICS" about any of this.
    He was on this afternoon with Sean Fox on 97.7

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    If all they want is a metro area, we can’t provide that.
    It ain't DFW, but do we include all of the Shreveport-Bossier, Monroe, ElDorado and north Louisiana markets? I think Tech's TV ratings are actually better than all 6 of the teams just invited to the AAC. Again, I don't know exactly what they are looking for because nobody has told us.

He was on this afternoon with Sean Fox on 97.7
    I saw that he said LA Tech never applied for membership. Kinda hard to be considered if you don't apply.

For those of us who couldn't attend, what did we learn from Wood today? What's the plan going forward?

+ Reply to Thread