+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bear Market Tech / Bailout Now

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Bear Market Tech / Bailout Now

“Oops!... I Did It Again“ Isn’t just a Britney Spears hit, it’s a reoccurring thing at the flunky Louisiana Tech University. As with all things, it took time for the Tech administration and Skip Holtz to bottom out the football program and the athletic department in general, but they did it. Kudos to you high paid and vastly incompetent idiots. You really have to be extra diligent to turn so much potential into a flaming pile of shit burning so hot that no one wants to try to piss on it. For as long as the fans have been screaming the obvious, the decision makers knew better all along (not). I swear the so called smartest people always seem to prove themselves to be the stupidest of all.

Other than pretty much watching Tech from afar even though I am within 3 miles of the stadium, I bailed out on Tech when they couldn’t manage the first round of Covid fan inclusion. Now I’m thankful to have saved all the thousands of dollars I would’ve flushed into the Tech toilet. I have a feeling I’m not gonna spend another penny on Tech sports once they screw up seasons tickets for baseball like I’m anticipating.

My recommendation is to bail out now before the bear market hits bare bottom.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Bear Market Tech / Bailout Now

As you know I've been hollering about this for years but I really didn't even foresee half the conference leaving. I really have no idea what the future holds for Tech and I am trying hard to see one at all.

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar

I don't see Tech having an upward moving future. Like I've been told many times on these boards by various posters, we are who we are. I now believe that statement.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

We are who a very select number of people want us to be..... however that small number seems to control everything. We aren't who most of want to be, and every time we have a shot to move closer to that, our small number of decision makers step out of the shadows they normally stay in and blow off both of our feet with a shotgun. Then blame it on the fans, attendance numbers, giving etc.

Giving wouldn't be a problem if for decades when you gave to one team they didn't redirect money from their budget, or didn't fund something properly to begin with, or just point blank were inept at their job.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by parisdog View Post
    I don't see Tech having an upward moving future. Like I've been told many times on these boards by various posters, we are who we are. I now believe that statement.
    Correct.

Champ JDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant future JDubyadawg's Avatar

It’s a “North La” thing. We are good at being just OK.

Big Dog BCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to all

Turn out the lights, the party's over...I think I heard that song one time. The Tech party is over. It was fun while it lasted until about 9 years ago. We outfoxed ourselves. Thank you to the powers that be. Hope you enjoyed your time at the helm as you drove a stake in athletics at once proud Louisiana Tech.

Champ FriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond repute FriscoDog's Avatar

I spoke about this with my wife who actually graduated from Ruston High School. As with many things about Ruston, the culture is one of "conflict avoidance".. Many in Ruston do not like conflict and will "go along, to get along". Don't cause waves. Many I have spoken to, are unhappy with the current situation, however no one is going to speak up and have those difficult conversations that need to be had.

Many would prefer to "brush it under the rug" and pretend bad things didn't happen rather than deal with it. It doesn't apply to just football or sports, it applies to all facets of life in Ruston. Just my opinion from 38 years of observing the culture at Tech and Ruston.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

And there are several of us who have lived our lives in Ruston for 2 generations not fitting in because we don’t just go along. I agree with your sentiment and see if every day.

+ Reply to Thread