+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: If it's true So. Miss to the Sun Belt...

Varsity Bulldog kfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the rough

Re: If it's true So. Miss to the Sun Belt...

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    10 away money games every year so we can build up basketball and baseball. I like it.
    Sounds like 1988 - 1992 when we only played 3 or 4 home games a year. And no, the games in Shreveport weren't home games.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kfj View Post
    Sounds like 1988 - 1992 when we only played 3 or 4 home games a year. And no, the games in Shreveport weren't home games.
    But did we get the lions share?

Champ JDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant future JDubyadawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    Come on, they buried the lead on that misleading number comparing ourselves to Southern Miss.

Check it again, Southern Miss receives $8.3 Million in Student Fees.

Compare that to Louisiana Tech's $0 in Student Fees.

UTSA is $13.9 Million.

North Texas is $13.5 Million.

And FIU tops out at whopping $25.5 Million in Student Athletic Fees.

Yes the schools leaving with "bigger budgets" are playing a shell game with their students and Student Loans. They are propping up their athletic budgets at the cost of bigger student loans passed on to their students. Even worse that they are passing along all these "student athletic fees" to anyone who takes an online class with them.

Take away a lot of these "Student Athletic Fees" in the millions and those bigger C-USA budgets are on par with Tech's Budget.

Now. I am not saying Tech should not have a Student Athletic Fee, but I also think we should compare apples and apples vs apples and oranges.
    That list just states what Athletic Budget is - Total Revenue. Where it comes from and how it is funded is up to the school. I don't think it's apples and oranges. I just think it's the facts.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

To me, it does seem different when your students are funding it instead of alumni or donors in general.

Puppy madeagle has turned a few heads around heremadeagle has turned a few heads around here

Yall just need to come over to the Belt with us guys

Varsity Bulldog Exes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really nice

[QUOTE=revf;1815231]Come on, they buried the lead on that misleading number comparing ourselves to Southern Miss.

Check it again, Southern Miss receives $8.3 Million in Student Fees.

Compare that to Louisiana Tech's $0 in Student Fees.

UTSA is $13.9 Million.

North Texas is $13.5 Million.

And FIU tops out at whopping $25.5 Million in Student Athletic Fees.

Yes the schools leaving with "bigger budgets" are playing a shell game with their students and Student Loans. They are propping up their athletic budgets at the cost of bigger student loans passed on to their students. Even worse that they are passing along all these "student athletic fees" to anyone who takes an online class.
    Take away a lot of these "Student Athletic Fees" in the millions and those bigger C-USA budgets are on par with Tech's Budget.

Now. I am not saying Tech should not have a Student Athletic Fee, but I also think we should compare apples and apples vs apples and oranges.[/QUOTE

Instead of charging a student athletic fee we just transfer about $10 million out of the university general fund into athletic dept annually. That accounts for a huge percentage of our "revenue".

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

It’s on the list. It’s called “institutional support”

USM has 8 million in institutional support plus their student athletic fees.

So does USL. They have a full transfer AND have Student Athletic Fees.

USL fully funds their athletic stipend with student fees. Around $500k every year.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by madeagle View Post
    I almost a million per team. I think its $750,000 per team to be exact. Their old contract paid $500,000 per team. In the media release after their new deal it said they gained a 50% increase payout.
    And this proves my point. A Southern Miss fan who believes what the Belt is spewing. The reality is the Belt TV deal pays in cash about what CUSA's deal pays in cash.

What HD posted in this thread is correct. The information put together by the Marshall fan about the value of each league, and their true revenue numbers gives a real picture of CUSA.

The problem is that the leadership within our schools and the conference office has done a poor job of pointing that out. They've really never even tried.

Varsity Bulldog SpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant future

I do not want to get into all the back and forth of what's better, Sun Belt or new CUSA. What happens will happen. What I will get into is saying how much respect I have for LaTech athletics and what great fans your school has. It will be a sad day if we no longer are conference mates. I sincerely hope if that happens, it will be short lived and we will be back together in a conference. Thanks for letting me come to this board and post over the recent years. I will always pull for your Dogs when not playing my Eagles.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by SpreadEagle View Post
    I do not want to get into all the back and forth of what's better, Sun Belt or new CUSA. What happens will happen. What I will get into is saying how much respect I have for LaTech athletics and what great fans your school has. It will be a sad day if we no longer are conference mates. I sincerely hope if that happens, it will be short lived and we will be back together in a conference. Thanks for letting me come to this board and post over the recent years. I will always pull for your Dogs when not playing my Eagles.
    We have always felt the same way about Southern Miss... Thank you for being a great poster on this board. I hope, if we are not conference mates, we can continue our rivalry game each year... Both schools get a lot out of having a good rival that we respect.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Dude -

Administration at both USL and NLU, along with those at A-State and So Ala want nothing more than Tech to be forced to accept an invite to the SBC for all sports

You know why?

$$$$$$$$$

No ONE and I mean NO ONE else will drive home gates in all sports at those schools like we do -

Not USM, not Marshall, not FIU, MTSU, not UTEP - NO ONE...

They will make bank and increase gate in football, baseball and basketball by 30 to 40% from us just walking into the place - EVERYONE and I mean EVERYONE loves to HATE the HEEL

They will want us to sweat bullets - but in the end dollar bills always talk
    DeeWayne! Don't you dare come on this board spewing truth!
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    And this proves my point. A Southern Miss fan who believes what the Belt is spewing. The reality is the Belt TV deal pays in cash about what CUSA's deal pays in cash.

What HD posted in this thread is correct. The information put together by the Marshall fan about the value of each league, and their true revenue numbers gives a real picture of CUSA.

The problem is that the leadership within our schools and the conference office has done a poor job of pointing that out. They've really never even tried.
    Here are the current amounts each team is getting by conference. Of course, this is all might change due to the recent activity.

SEC $40.0 Million
    Big Ten $31.4 Million
    Pa
    c 12 $21.0 Million
    Big 12 $20.0 Million
    A
    CC $17.0 Million
    AA
    C $7.0 Million
    MW
    C $4.0 Million
    MA
    C $600 Thousand
    SB
    C $500 Thousand
    CUSA $400-500 Thousand

Pretty mu
    ch a tie with the bottom three.

https://www.on3.com/news/conference-...lege-football/

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by SpreadEagle View Post
    Classy as always, SpreadEagle. I second your statement about it being a sad day if we aren't conference mates going forward...I want us to stick together through all this, but I also know, some of us won't have much choice in what happens regardless of our personal feelings. You're always welcome here. Don't be a stranger!

Dang, I'm super sad right now.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chew4219 View Post
    Louisiana doesn’t have student fees.
    Of course it does! Louisiana has all its schools collecting student fees, in the form of tuition, lab fees, registration fees, etc...what a dumb statement to make. You must never have attended a college in the state of Louisiana, every school charges students fees.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post

Correct. CUSA's "lack of transparency" on these issues is killing 'em. They've allowed the rumors to fester until they are now a problem.

+ Reply to Thread