+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: If it's true So. Miss to the Sun Belt...

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: If it's true So. Miss to the Sun Belt...

Quote Originally Posted by madeagle View Post
    Lol You guys would really rather stay in CUSA and play home and homes with New Mexico State and FIU over Home and Home games with Southern Miss and Arkansas State?
    Who said that? All I've seen are posts wishing to remain in a conference with USM, and several others, including UAB. I personally don't like UAB but I respect what they have going and recognize sharing a conference with them is in Tech's best interest. No one I know gives a damn about NMSU and FIU.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Same here. I won't continue financially supporting LA Tech in the Sunbelt. I'd rather not spend my time and money on this program if this is what everybody is hoping for. I've never been a fan of the Sunbelt, and I don't intend to start being one now.

All I can say is, I guess this LA Tech "football supporter" thing has run its' course for my family. We can certainly find other things to do with the money. Tech just doesn't seem to have the leadership who knows how to overcome the "small market" label.

I figured we were in big trouble about a month ago (before the SMU game) when I personally learned that James Davison was NOT aware of the AAC moving to expand, and nobody at Tech was using the week of the SMU game to host Mike Aresco and other AAC officials. I mean, if Mr. Davison doesn't know anything, then what the hell is going on? You may recall that I wrote a post that week saying I couldn't believe that Dr Eric Wood and company weren't hosting AAC Commissioner Mike Aresco or SMU's leadership out at Squire Creek during the Week of the SMU game. Of course, after I inquired about it, everybody Jumped into Fire Drill mode on about Wednesday of that week, but Tech officials never even got a return call from Aresco.

So now Tech fans have to sit back and watch 6 CUSA teams --5 teams that LA Tech holds a football series advantage over, and one (FAU) that's tied, 1-1-- get invited to the AAC while LA Tech doesn't. We must have the WORST SALE PEOPLE IN THE WORLD in charge of our athletic operations at LA Tech.

It's very hard being a LA Tech fan these days. And that's without even considering what the psycho Skip Holtz is doing to screw up our football team.
    It's like watching the slow death of an old friend.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

From a football standpoint the Sun Belt is improving. I mean alot of you sound like me two years ago. This isn't your big brother's Sun Belt. USA just opened a new Stadium. Georgia Southern is building a new indoor practice facility. Bringing in really respected coaches Louisiana-Monroe with Rich Rodriguez and South Alabama with Major Applewhite. Based on what I've heard their TV deal pays out almost a million per team. Oh yeah they're ACTUALLY on TV. I mean you actually see App State, Louisiana, Coastal Carolina etc... On ESPN. Recruits can relate college football to ESPN. In the mind of an 18 yr old kid. He'd rather play on ESPN than Facebook, Stadium, Bein.
    I would think USM and Tech would both go if either went. Better for the conference.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Dude -

Administration at both USL and NLU, along with those at A-State and So Ala want nothing more than Tech to be forced to accept an invite to the SBC for all sports

You know why?

$$$$$$$$$

No ONE and I mean NO ONE else will drive home gates in all sports at those schools like we do -

Not USM, not Marshall, not FIU, MTSU, not UTEP - NO ONE...

They will make bank and increase gate in football, baseball and basketball by 30 to 40% from us just walking into the place - EVERYONE and I mean EVERYONE loves to HATE the HEEL

They will want us to sweat bullets - but in the end dollar bills always talk
    Plus we would elevate the conference in quality. Also, I have read that we are a "highly viewed" team TV-wise, but don't know if that is true. I do know when watching SWLa they are boring and really not very good.

We would be an asset to any conference.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernMiss3613 View Post
    We would have some wins if Abraham was still here this season, but he would probably be hurt by now too.
    What happened with him. Was he the qb that transferred from Tech?

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. I can't say I care what goes on with any other team, but he keeps coming back.
    To DFMs point, they love to hate us - one of the many reasons we would be an asset, if we thought it was in our best interest, It would be fun to be the RAIDERS

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    What happened with him. Was he the qb that transferred from Tech?
    Transferred to MSU.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDave1 View Post
    This is the kind of arrogance and comments that demonstrate why La Tech finds themselves in in the unenviable position they are in. You obviously have no idea what is going on in the world of College football during this period of realignment and/or what the national perception is of the SBC. You may want to consider glancing at the Top 25 polls during the last couple of years or catch a few nationally televised SBC games when you have some free time. And since you have obviously been living under a rock for a while now, App State has been a well known entity since their upset of the Michigan Wolverines in 2007. But I guess that news has not made its way to Ruston just yet!

But don't worry, the new CUSA will be fine once Sam Houston State, Stephen F. Austin, New Mexico State and possibly Liberty decide if they want to make a move down to that level and join La Tech and the ruminants of what once was CUSA 2.0.
    Don't lecture Tech about arrogance when your school breaks the law.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    Plus we would elevate the conference in quality. Also, I have read that we are a "highly viewed" team TV-wise, but don't know if that is true. I do know when watching SWLa they are boring and really not very good.

We would be an asset to any conference.
    the ULL trolls on our board and on Twitter are only proving Dwayne’s point.

they need us. I mean need need. You don’t spam another teams board for days on end unless you need them.

they can talk all the crap they want, but the more they do, the more you realize they have to have Tech to hate.

man ULM might actually have people in the stands again. What a concept.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    Wait, let me make sure I am understanding you correctly. So, instead of demonstrating that the "UL" fan base is above such insufferable pain and atrocity, you think it to be your duty and obligation to be the one to make sure we know that the "shoe's on the 'other' foot" -- got it. That's exactly the way I'd handle it. Grace and Dignity.

Now that you've gotten that off your chest, I sincerely hope you can sleep better tonight.
    How is the shoe on the other foot. How is SWLa doing in sports. Last yr really doesn't count. I think we won in most games recently or last played but I don't really remember.

My gripe with SWLa is they claim something they are not, illegally and unethically. It is their "shoe" I guess. We certainly don't want to share their lack of ethics.

Lol You guys would really rather stay in CUSA and play home and homes with New Mexico State and FIU over Home and Home games with Southern Miss and Arkansas State?
    No, I want us to be with USM in a conference. We have that now

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

I've watched that idiot form ULL post a lot of incorrect information while stupid Tech fans just eat it up because they don't know any better. But your stupid comment about the Sunbelt's ESPN TV package is absurd. The SBC's "TV Package" with ESPN is only worth 200K per school, per year, and that's a fact. Furthermore, it will likely go down per school when USM joins, because ESPN has not agreed to compensate the Sunbelt for the addition of USM. BTW, CUSA's TV contract --which is not with ESPN-- is said to be between 100K and 200K per school, so very much in the neighborhood of the Sunbelt's, but without having to play games on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Friday's.
    Correct. And many in the Belt really believe their schools get a check from ESPN for $1.4 million per year. The actual amount is almost nothing.

By not pointing this out publicly, CUSA has created the perception that our TV deal is substandard to the Belt's deal.

Sportswriters then repeat it, and the perception becomes reality.

The conference doesn't have leadership at any level.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    Correct. And many in the Belt really believe their schools get a check from ESPN for $1.4 million per year. The actual amount is almost nothing.

By not pointing this out publicly, CUSA has created the perception that our TV deal is substandard to the Belt's deal.

Sportswriters then repeat it, and the perception becomes reality.

The conference doesn't have leadership at any level.
    A conference with no leadership…..sounds like a match made in heaven for us.

Puppy madeagle has turned a few heads around heremadeagle has turned a few heads around here

I've watched that idiot form ULL post a lot of incorrect information while stupid Tech fans just eat it up because they don't know any better. But your stupid comment about the Sunbelt's ESPN TV package is absurd. The SBC's "TV Package" with ESPN is only worth 200K per school, per year, and that's a fact. Furthermore, it will likely go down per school when USM joins, because ESPN has not agreed to compensate the Sunbelt for the addition of USM. BTW, CUSA's TV contract --which is not with ESPN-- is said to be between 100K and 200K per school, so very much in the neighborhood of the Sunbelt's, but without having to play games on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Friday's.
    I almost a million per team. I think its $750,000 per team to be exact. Their old contract paid $500,000 per team. In the media release after their new deal it said they gained a 50% increase payout.

Puppy scribe62 is an unknown

Here is the latest from USA Today on athletic revenues and expenses that may be relevant to this conversation.

https://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances

+ Reply to Thread