+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: If it's true So. Miss to the Sun Belt...

Varsity Bulldog CajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeCajunDave1 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time CajunDave1's Avatar

Re: If it's true So. Miss to the Sun Belt...

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    Take it as a compliment. The reason the Cajun fans are coming HERE, is because we obviously aren't giving them what they need THERE.
    No that is not true. The reason Cajuns fans are coming here is because we remember a time when UL was down in the dumps and La Tech fans flooded our message boards and dumped crap on us every chance they got. Now the shoe is on the other foot and some of you can't accept the fact that the rolls are now reversed. As a young boy, someone told me not to spit up in the air, because sometimes it falls back on your face!

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by CajunDave1 View Post
    This is the kind of arrogance and comments that demonstrate why La Tech finds themselves in in the unenviable position they are in. You obviously have no idea... You may want to consider ... when you have some free time.... And since you have obviously been living under a rock... fBut I guess that news has not made its way to Ruston just yet!

But don't worry, the new CUSA will be fine once ...
    Champion110, bless it...I think you touched a nerve.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

No that is not true. The reason Cajuns fans are coming here is because we remember a time when UL was down in the dumps and La Tech fans flooded our message boards and dumped crap on us every chance they got. Now the shoe is on the other foot and some of you can't accept the fact that the rolls are now reversed. As a young boy, someone told me not to spit up in the air, because sometimes it falls back on your face!
    I call baloney. We never did that. No one on this board anyway. That's not how we roll

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Wait, let me make sure I am understanding you correctly. So, instead of demonstrating that the "UL" fan base is above such insufferable pain and atrocity, you think it to be your duty and obligation to be the one to make sure we know that the "shoe's on the 'other' foot" -- got it. That's exactly the way I'd handle it. Grace and Dignity.

Now that you've gotten that off your chest, I sincerely hope you can sleep better tonight.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    I call baloney. We never did that. No one on this board anyway. That's not how we roll
    What is their chat board anyway? Something like www.cajundroppings.com? Or am I confusing that with something else?

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

This is the kind of arrogance and comments that demonstrate why La Tech finds themselves in in the unenviable position they are in. You obviously have no idea what is going on in the world of College football during this period of realignment and/or what the national perception is of the SBC. You may want to consider glancing at the Top 25 polls during the last couple of years or catch a few nationally televised SBC games when you have some free time. And since you have obviously been living under a rock for a while now, App State has been a well known entity since their upset of the Michigan Wolverines in 2007. But I guess that news has not made its way to Ruston just yet!

But don't worry, the new CUSA will be fine once Sam Houston State, Stephen F. Austin, New Mexico State and possibly Liberty decide if they want to make a move down to that level and join La Tech and the ruminants of what once was CUSA 2.0.
    I haven't lived in Ruston since the 80's when I was at Tech. I travel and you are absolutely clueless, but you are on our board - which says a WHOLE LOT...

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    Champion110, bless it...I think you touched a nerve.
    I tend to do that...

Varsity Bulldog kfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the rough

...the ruminants of what once was CUSA 2.0.
    I don't mean to be picky, but I think you mean "remnants." Ruminants are large animals that chew their cud and have 4 stomachs. I believe the only ruminants in CUSA are Marshall's Thundering Herd of Bison, and it sounds like they may be going to another conference, so the ruminant wouldn't be a remnant anyway.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kfj View Post
    I don't mean to be picky, but I think you mean "remnants." Ruminants are large animals that chew their cud and have 4 stomachs. I believe the only ruminants in CUSA are Marshall's Thundering Herd of Bison, and it sounds like they may be going to another conference, so the ruminant wouldn't be a remnant anyway.
    It's also a contemplative person or one given to meditation.

I think it was a compliment.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    It's also a contemplative person or one given to meditation.

I think it was a compliment.
    One who ruminates as if chewing over a cud

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    I think it boils down to the question -

Do you want to be associated with

Southern Miss
    USL
    Arkansas St
    South Alabama
    Troy

or

ODU
    JMU
    FIU
    MTSU

To me, I'll take the former not the later

If you remove your blue and red goggles you can see with more clarity

Now the question remains will we even be issued an invite? That remains to be seen and tea leaves don't look promising

Either way - I've basically reconciled myself to the fact I'm going to start spending a lot more of my disposable income on me and mine instead of propping up Tech
    Same here. I won't continue financially supporting LA Tech in the Sunbelt. I'd rather not spend my time and money on this program if this is what everybody is hoping for. I've never been a fan of the Sunbelt, and I don't intend to start being one now.

All I can say is, I guess this LA Tech "football supporter" thing has run its' course for my family. We can certainly find other things to do with the money. Tech just doesn't seem to have the leadership who knows how to overcome the "small market" label.

I figured we were in big trouble about a month ago (before the SMU game) when I personally learned that James Davison was NOT aware of the AAC moving to expand, and nobody at Tech was using the week of the SMU game to host Mike Aresco and other AAC officials. I mean, if Mr. Davison doesn't know anything, then what the hell is going on? You may recall that I wrote a post that week saying I couldn't believe that Dr Eric Wood and company weren't hosting AAC Commissioner Mike Aresco or SMU's leadership out at Squire Creek during the Week of the SMU game. Of course, after I inquired about it, everybody Jumped into Fire Drill mode on about Wednesday of that week, but Tech officials never even got a return call from Aresco.

So now Tech fans have to sit back and watch 6 CUSA teams --5 teams that LA Tech holds a football series advantage over, and one (FAU) that's tied, 1-1-- get invited to the AAC while LA Tech doesn't. We must have the WORST SALE PEOPLE IN THE WORLD in charge of our athletic operations at LA Tech.

It's very hard being a LA Tech fan these days. And that's without even considering what the psycho Skip Holtz is doing to screw up our football team.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by madeagle View Post
    From a football standpoint the Sun Belt is improving. I mean alot of you sound like me two years ago. This isn't your big brother's Sun Belt. USA just opened a new Stadium. Georgia Southern is building a new indoor practice facility. Bringing in really respected coaches Louisiana-Monroe with Rich Rodriguez and South Alabama with Major Applewhite. Based on what I've heard their TV deal pays out almost a million per team. Oh yeah they're ACTUALLY on TV. I mean you actually see App State, Louisiana, Coastal Carolina etc... On ESPN. Recruits can relate college football to ESPN. In the mind of an 18 yr old kid. He'd rather play on ESPN than Facebook, Stadium, Bein.
    I've watched that idiot form ULL post a lot of incorrect information while stupid Tech fans just eat it up because they don't know any better. But your stupid comment about the Sunbelt's ESPN TV package is absurd. The SBC's "TV Package" with ESPN is only worth 200K per school, per year, and that's a fact. Furthermore, it will likely go down per school when USM joins, because ESPN has not agreed to compensate the Sunbelt for the addition of USM. BTW, CUSA's TV contract --which is not with ESPN-- is said to be between 100K and 200K per school, so very much in the neighborhood of the Sunbelt's, but without having to play games on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Friday's.

Also, this was posted on the CUSA Board last week by a Marshall fan. These numbers for 2019-2020 show CUSA earning much more than the Sunbelt schools. You can read the entire thread here is you wish: https://csnbbs.com/thread-929769.html

************************************************** ************************************************** *******************

I have obtained the Form 990s for the G5 conferences for their fiscal years ending June 30, 2019, and June 30, 2020. Obviously, June 30, 2021 Form 990s have not yet been filed.

In terms of dollars, the AAC ranks as the clear top dog in the G5, with the Sun Belt Conference as the poor man.

Total revenues of each conference are set forth below.

AAC 2019 $73,203,230
    MWC 2019 $57,058,330
    CUSA 2019 $44,250,642
    MAC 2019 $30,848,489
    SBC 2019 $33,072,881

AAC 2020 $111,278,729
    MWC 2020 $ (not available)
    CUSA 2020 $40,861,629
    MAC 2020 $32,241,698
    SBC 2020 $31,584,812

Revenues from TV/media rights are interesting. These amounts are included in the total revenues above.

AAC 2019 $22,726,100
    MWC 2019 $14,232,915
    CUSA 2019 $6,968,263
    MAC 2019 $8,639,734
    SBC 2019 $3,920,523

AAC 2020 $43,988,700
    CUSA 2020 $6,440,156
    MAC 2020 $9,186,590
    SBC 2020 $2,250,000

By far, the largest expense amounts for each conference are the grants and distributions they make to their member institutions. The total grant/distribution amounts set forth below are net of any membership dues paid to the conferences. The parenthetical amount represents an average grant/distribution amount for each conference member, although these individual amounts can vary widely depending on the formulas used by each conference to hand out the money.

AAC 2019 $49,635,911 ($4,136,326)
    MWC 2019 $42,883,422 ($3,898,493)
    CUSA 2019 $27,876,250 ($1,991,161)
    MAC 2019 $24,116,351 ($2,009,696)
    SBC 2019 $17,959,464 ($1,496,622)

AAC 2020 $65,385,468 ($5,029,651)
    CUSA 2020 $26,620,665 ($1,901,476)
    MAC 2020 $24,530,154 ($2,044,180)
    SBC 2020 $14,882,160 ($1,240,180)

Below are the highest payouts to an individual conference member in each year.

AAC 2019 $7,476,770 (UCF)
    MWC 2019 $ (not available)
    CUSA 2019 $2,921,341 (Middle Tennessee)
    MAC 2019 $2,393,714 (Toledo)
    SBC 2019 $1,621,356 (Georgia St.)

AAC 2020 $8,656,466 (Memphis)
    CUSA 2020 $2,739,105 (Marshall)
    MAC 2020 $2,386,989 (Buffalo)
    SBC 2020 $1,386,608 (Georgia St.)

Finally, one way of measuring the financial health of an organization is to look at its net worth - calculated by determining how much its total assets exceed its total liabilities. This calculation taken from the Form 990 of each conference reveals the following:

AAC 2020 $43,315,213
    MWC 2020 $ (not available, but was $7,984,041 in 2019)
    CUSA 2020 $8,748,914
    MAC 2020 $6,431,401
    SBC 2020 $6,457,663

One could conclude from all this financial data that a possible move by Marshall to the AAC might be expected to eventually increase revenues by $2-3 million per year on average, or by as much as $5 million per year if Marshall's teams performed exceedingly well in football and/or men's basketball. Conversely, a possible move by Marshall to the SBC might be expected to decrease revenues by $1 to 1.5 million per year. One might question whether the SBC generates enough money to feed an additional mouth or two through expansion, at least without identifying additional sources of revenue through TV/media rights or other means. Perhaps the recent SBC's TV/media contract extension with ESPN announced in July will generate additional dollars, though none were mentioned in the press release. A move by Marshall to the MAC would be, at best, a lateral one financially.

Of course, all of this becomes even more complicated if CUSA teams start dropping off (UAB/FAU to the AAC? ODU to the Atlantic 10?). After the AAC, I do believe CUSA is the most unstable conference. The idea of forming a new conference sounds great, but is not very practical given the fact it would not have access to the football playoffs, would not have access to an auto berth in the NCAA basketball tournaments, and would not have any established TV/media revenue. Getting an additional auto berth in basketball only takes money away from P5 at-large berth contenders, so good luck getting that approved by the NCAA. It would be difficult for any school to abandon its conference affiliation for a new conference venture given this level of uncertainty.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Dave, not all but most of the "Tech" posters who have flamed the Pagin over the years have been posers. And trust me when I say we've looked into it.

I suspect most are LSU grads/fans in the Acadiana area. And I know for a fact one was a McNeese grad.

One example: There was a Tech poster who flamed your board for years and had over a thousand posts on the Pagin with a Tech moniker. This person talked about stuff as far back as the 80s.

One day he admitted on your board he didn't post here on the BBB. The person who used the same moniker on our board was a Tech student.

Keep that in mind. Most of the "Tech" fans flaming your board aren't Tech fans at all.

Puppy madeagle has turned a few heads around heremadeagle has turned a few heads around here

Lol You guys would really rather stay in CUSA and play home and homes with New Mexico State and FIU over Home and Home games with Southern Miss and Arkansas State?

+ Reply to Thread