+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I am SO ready!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I am SO ready!

Bring on the tournament! I can't wait to play either FIU or Marshall tomorrow night. I hope it is Marshall, because I would love to start out by beating a Sun Belter... Of course, the belters getting knocked out today would be nice too. I may watch their match up today.

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Re: I am SO ready!

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Bring on the tournament! I can't wait to play either FIU or Marshall tomorrow night. I hope it is Marshall, because I would love to start out by beating a Sun Belter... Of course, the belters getting knocked out today would be nice too. I may watch their match up today.

GO DAWGS!!!!!!!
    I'm going to the tournament but I have no idea how to feel about our prospects. I mean, I think we could conceivably beat every team in the bracket and we could conceivably lose to any team in the bracket.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    I'm going to the tournament but I have no idea how to feel about our prospects. I mean, I think we could conceivably beat every team in the bracket and we could conceivably lose to any team in the bracket.
    Inconsistency points directly at the coaching.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    Yep! I just reframe it to just the one "we CAN beat anyone in the bracket".

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Yep! I just reframe it to just the one "we CAN beat anyone in the bracket".
    We CAN beat anyone in CUSA. But, have to bring the "A" game every night and the "A+" game to beat UNT and then UAB.

Guard-play and making FTs are critical.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    We CAN beat anyone in CUSA. But, have to bring the "A" game every night and the "A+" game to beat UNT and then UAB.

And Jr changing things up instead of getting his passes stolen.

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    And Jr changing things up instead of getting his passes stolen.
    He is inconsistent with this. He has a great record on assists, but he does make some ill advised decisions. I still would love another big under there with him.

Lofton could have a great game, score 25 points, get 15 rebounds, etc..and Tech still get clobbered, if our guards suck. If Lofton has a great game and our guards step up, at least have "good" games, we will win. But it all hinges on guard-play and a team making its FTs.

Yes, we need our stars to shine, and that includes Lofton, but this is really the time for WAW to finally shine like I think they are capable of. All three of them and for every game this week.

Lofton could have a great game, score 25 points, get 15 rebounds, etc..and Tech still get clobbered, if our guards suck. If Lofton has a great game and our guards step up, at least have "good" games, we will win. But it all hinges on guard-play and a team making its FTs.

Yes, we need our stars to shine, and that includes Lofton, but this is really the time for WAW to finally shine like I think they are capable of. All three of them and for every game this week.
    WAW = Williams, Archibald, and Willis? I am guessing on that, but totally agree if those are the 3... We have to have, at least, one or two of them hot. Williams defense is still excellent - except against that monster from UAB that can hit 20 3 pointers on some nights. I wish we had that kid!

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Dead on -

We have to have good solid guard play for any chance to advance - especially out of Cobe, he is the straw that stirs the drink

Jr doesn't and can't carry this team - he hasn't progressed as a leader but for some reason we are afraid of say his game has taken a step backwards this year
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Dead on -

We have to have good solid guard play for any chance to advance - especially out of Cobe, he is the straw that stirs the drink

Jr doesn't and can't carry this team - he hasn't progressed as a leader but for some reason we are afraid of say his game has taken a step backwards this year
    I don't fear saying has taken a step backward. For me, though, it is difficult to tell. He is a known entity now and is double and triple teamed at times. That is where those guards really come in to play like what you are stating.

+ Reply to Thread