+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The future

Varsity Bulldog Brad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud of

The future

Regardless if we stay in a watered-down CUSA (most likely), go indy, or join the Sun Belt (least likely) the following must happen within in the next few months after we know our fate, which will be soon.

1. Fire Holtz— this is the quickest way to restore some faith and a little optimism within the fan base. (I know some sunshine pumpers still believe in Holtz, but most of them would believe it if Holtz or Guice told them them the Earth was flat.) Of course, a great hire will need to be made, which leads me to …
    2. Fire Guice — Can he be trusted to “rebuild” and reposition Tech Athletics? … I think the answer is a resounding NO! He has made a possibly fatal mess of Tech Athletics. There are also things on the academic side of the university that have me concerned, too.
    3. If we are in a watered-down CUSA, we must demand that Judy McCloud be sent packing and hire someone who knows what he/she is doing.

As for the Sun Belt, I hold no animosity toward the conference for this current situation. (Don’t get me wrong, I still remember Wrong Waters and his shenanigan.)The bitter truth is, though, the Belch has been working to get better since CUSA raided it almost a decade ago while the Tech administration and the CUSA brain trust were … hell, I don’t know what they were doing (and apparently neither did they.)

Tech will rise again, but first, the upper levels of the house needs to be swept clean.

Champ LT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the rough

Re: The future

Out of curiosity, what other things on the academic side have you concerned?

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

By Monday, we should know whether we are in C-USA or C-DOA.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    By Monday, we should know whether we are in C-USA or C-DOA.
    Even if we are successful at getting the Little Sisters of the Poor and others to join, the C-USA is C-DOA. We should ask to join the Southland or SWAC.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

If things go like they appear to be going, my plans for next week are to cancel my little pissant bank draft toward LTAC and tell our AD and President to take my $100 deposit for baseball tickets and stick it into the Title IX fund.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    Regardless if we stay in a watered-down CUSA (most likely), go indy, or join the Sun Belt (least likely) the following must happen within in the next few months after we know our fate, which will be soon.

1. Fire Holtz— this is the quickest way to restore some faith and a little optimism within the fan base. (I know some sunshine pumpers still believe in Holtz, but most of them would believe it if Holtz or Guice told them them the Earth was flat.) Of course, a great hire will need to be made, which leads me to …
    2. Fire Guice — Can he be trusted to “rebuild” and reposition Tech Athletics? … I think the answer is a resounding NO! He has made a possibly fatal mess of Tech Athletics. There are also things on the academic side of the university that have me concerned, too.
    3. If we are in a watered-down CUSA, we must demand that Judy McCloud be sent packing and hire someone who knows what he/she is doing.

As for the Sun Belt, I hold no animosity toward the conference for this current situation. (Don’t get me wrong, I still remember Wrong Waters and his shenanigan.)The bitter truth is, though, the Belch has been working to get better since CUSA raided it almost a decade ago while the Tech administration and the CUSA brain trust were … hell, I don’t know what they were doing (and apparently neither did they.)

Tech will rise again, but first, the upper levels of the house needs to be swept clean.
    I remember being angry at CUSA last year because our Presidents wouldn't fire Judy MacLeod, the CUSA Commissioner. I voiced my opinion on the CUSA Board, and openly asked:

"Who in the hell is running this CUSA ship into the ground, and why won't our Presidents fire Judy MacLeod?"

Someone responded that I should start with Les Guice. Come to find out, Guice was President of the whole CUSA "Council of Presidents" (or whatever its' called) at the time. Needless to say, that was embarrassing.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I remember being angry at CUSA last year because our Presidents wouldn't fire Judy MacLeod, the CUSA Commissioner. I voiced my opinion on the CUSA Board, and openly asked:

"Who in the hell is running this CUSA ship into the ground, and why won't our Presidents fire Judy MacLeod?"

Someone responded that I should start with Les Guice. Come to find out, Guice was President of the whole CUSA "Council of Presidents" (or whatever its' called) at the time. Needless to say, that was embarrassing.
    It may have been me. I posted that Nero (Guice) fiddled while Rome (Tech) burnt. Yes, indeed, he was the head of the CUSA presidents for a short tenure. He was probably the worse choice among the presidents. That is apparent. He is a terrible "leader".

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Louisiana Tech needs wholesale change, starting first with Guice. We have went backwards since he took over as leader of Tech. Next on the chopping block is Skip Holtz. Fire Guice on Monday, and Skip after the season is over. Schedule a couple of money games to pay the buyout.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Why wait until the season is over? The players don't look like they're playing for Holtz anyway and he never has been able to get the best out of anyone when he tries coaching. Getting rid of him now would improve their play, assuming the other coaches aren't truly the lackeys they pretend to be.

Big Dog DeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud ofDeepGreen has much to be proud of DeepGreen's Avatar

What about UNT swaps Seth Litrell for Holz? UNT continues to pay Litrell his "way to large" salary, and you pay Holz. Win, win for all of both football programs.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    Why wait until the season is over? The players don't look like they're playing for Holtz anyway and he never has been able to get the best out of anyone when he tries coaching. Getting rid of him now would improve their play, assuming the other coaches aren't truly the lackeys they pretend to be.
    Just posted what amounts to a response on another thread. Will repeat it here. I expect to see a snarling, hungry, pissed-off pack of mongrel Dawgs tonight. If we don't...fire Holtz immediately. If a team can't get fired up in light of recent events, and ranked opponent coming in, then they have ZERO competitive spirit and that is result of a lack of coaching, in part. Of course players should be able to motivate themselves too. Real competitors do.

Champ LT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the rough

It's probably a good time to go after LSUS again. They never have been more unhappy with LSU than they are now.

Varsity Bulldog chew4219 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timechew4219 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timechew4219 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timechew4219 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timechew4219 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timechew4219 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timechew4219 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timechew4219 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timechew4219 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timechew4219 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timechew4219 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post

So it was Guice who shot down regional reorganization, that was presented by the SBC last year. Good to know.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chew4219 View Post
    So it was Guice who shot down regional reorganization, that was presented by the SBC last year. Good to know.
    I think a lot had to do with former Sunbelt teams not wanting to rejoin it. Which happens to be a few of the remaining teams in CUSA…

Quote Originally Posted by chew4219 View Post
    Ha! Guice never had the power nor the inclination to unilaterally make such a decision. He was an empty suit in that position, just like he is at Tech in regards to athletics.

+ Reply to Thread