+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: It's Now The Time to Move Forward

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: It's Now The Time to Move Forward

On the flip side of your argument, if our school doesn’t care, then why do we? I want players like Grubbs to succeed and have a shot at the next level. He needs to go where everyone wants what he wants.

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    On the flip side of your argument, if our school doesn’t care, then why do we? I want players like Grubbs to succeed and have a shot at the next level. He needs to go where everyone wants what he wants.
    Exactly the point I was making, we need to create an environment where Grubbs and other want and can succeed. Many have proven you can have a shot at the next level from LA TECH, even under HCSH. Right now they have every reason to leave, I want Holtz out and the search/hire for a new coach going well before transfer time, which I think is May 1st. That would give us time for a new coach and a chance for him to shore up relationships so maybe they stay. We need that done now and not later, we might as well keep HCSH if we are waiting until Dec..

I care, I am not going to be part of the if you don't care-I don't care crowd. I have no doubt that you care also, that is why you are here! Our leadership needs to change or we need to change our leadership.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

What I’m arguing is that we can either suffer 3 non winning seasons in a row and be rid of him, or possibly lose every player we want to keep to the transfer portal and maybe we are rid of him faster.

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    What I’m arguing is that we can either suffer 3 non winning seasons in a row and be rid of him, or possibly lose every player we want to keep to the transfer portal and maybe we are rid of him faster.
    Well that is a point and none of us want neither, if that is the only avenue to his quick exit, I can stomach it.

Every program has it's fans that demand a firing after every poor performance, even when programs have winning records, it just happens. I hope that this was a wake-up call and our admin will look at his history and have enough sense to know it is repeating itself. I want them to realize fans are not mad about just one game or one season. For all who are worried about his buy out, a 70%+ full stadium and excited fans cures a lot of that, those two things are not coming to town while we have HCSH.

Talk about not being able to teach an old dog new tricks, I would believe if Holtz were a canine he would have been kicked out already.

Champ CaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really nice

What are the scenarios if Skip is the head coach in 2022 – most likely to least likely.
    1. Tech fails to win 6 games and you put his replacement one year further behind (Skip will not last another non-winning season).
    2. Tech wins 6 or 7 games. Are fans returning to the stadium for 6 or 7 wins? Have you solved anything?
    3. Skip wins 8 or more (Baylor and Clemson are on the schedule). Contract is extended by a year and buyout is not reduced. Chances are we are right back here a year or two later.
    It would seem to me that the potential benefits of keeping Skip are small and just kicking the can down the road. Still that is a decision that the administration must make considering all the information available to them and one they will ultimately be held responsible for. We all have challenges that we must face, often not of our own making, but I am confident that under the leadership of Dr. Guice and Dr. Woods greener pastures are ahead. I am also glad I have not been in their shoes.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Starting with the BYU game last year, Tech is just 6-13 in its last 19 games. Time for a change other than at the very beginning with a new coach when the winning percentage goes below .333 in any substantial stretch of games.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BhadDawg View Post
    The Attendance? Yes I worry about that, but you know what I worry about more, the transfer portal. If we do not make a statement and get rid of HCSH before the next game, I believe some if not most of the players will lose faith in the Universities commitment to winning and flourishing. The transfer portal in not one way of course, but I fear the volume of our key Players and future will practically clog the out going portal like an undersized drain pipe. Do you think Players like Tyler Grubbs will not have his pick of programs he can got to? We have some talent I do not want to lose, why do you think some programs around the country have already fired coaches weeks ago? They want players to know they are committed to getting them the tools needed to win, Keeping HCSH around does not deliver that message to our players. He needs to go now!

Don't get me wrong, even though I have advocated getting HCSH out of here for years, I really believe he is a good man with good intentions. Head coaching positions at this salary level are much more demanding though, You need to put a good product on the field. As we all know HC job positions pretty well all have an expiration date on them, the sell by date has long passed, it is time.
    I agree with you. He was the one player I wondered about. I hope we make the statement that we give a crap about winning so we can recruit and keep the current players.

Big Dog BCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to all

Where's FJ when you need him...

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

He definitely needs to go.... I like Skip, but he is not able to coach this team any longer. This year (and last year) were just embarrassing.....

+ Reply to Thread