+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gold lot isn't loyal, change my mind.

Champ Gladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud of

Gold lot isn't loyal, change my mind.

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Gold lot isn't loyal, change my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Gladzilla View Post
    I would think the DAC seating is the biggest concentration of big money donors. That picture says either " I am not wasting an evening watching a sh*t show" or "I do not care". I just hope it is not because they do not care.

Varsity Bulldog Mad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the roughMad Italian is a jewel in the rough Mad Italian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BhadDawg View Post
    I would think the DAC seating is the biggest concentration of big money donors. That picture says either " I am not wasting an evening watching a sh*t show" or "I do not care". I just hope it is not because they do not care.
    Probably a good number were inside watching some other game on TV.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

There were more people later. They had some event and people came out later than normal. I know several people in front of us came to the game late by a minute or two in the chair section, but had been there too. They came with name tags and TECH posters.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Now that they have destroyed the old parking lots which used to be for Jenkins and the other dorms there is practically no parking along Tech Drive. Then I noticed a lot right at the Field House which was 90% empty, and the pay-for lot across from the baseball stadium also mostly empty. Very few folks attended the game, and a good chunk of them were students on the east side who left after the Homecoming Court was presented.

BTW, just a suggestion on the pay-for lot...set up the pay station a little further back. Only one vehicle at a time can actually get off of Tech Drive. It's an accident waiting to happen. That is, if we ever get a decent crowd at a football game again.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

You can be sure that the alto wealthy have unlimited options to go and do whatever they want to wherever it is. They have the money to not feel bad about not sitting in an expensive seat if they don’t want to. Whereas if you bought seasons tickets and a parking pass you feel obligated to sit and waste your money while being in attendance. You know, your double dose of feel bad for throwing your money away and better a flair up of high blood pressure in return.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

We park in the white lot by the baseball field. We arrived 15 minutes before kickoff and had to park in the area closest to Tech Drive. The lot was nearly full.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by BhadDawg View Post
    In fairness, you have some who have seats in the DAC but also have seats near midfield. And on a night with good weather would rather sit in their old seats. Same was true with the old skybox. It would fill up in bad weather games.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    In fairness, you have some who have seats in the DAC but also have seats near midfield. And on a night with good weather would rather sit in their old seats. Same was true with the old skybox. It would fill up in bad weather games.
    This is exactly the kind of thing that has killed growth of our fanbase. Some won't agree, but not offering those unused blue seats to new people instead of recycling the old money is a problem. The sales of DAC and Skybox seating as it relates to the blue chairbacks was a total cluster.

Now they are trying to back into that type system for the baseball tickets.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    This is exactly the kind of thing that has killed growth of our fanbase. Some won't agree, but not offering those unused blue seats to new people instead of recycling the old money is a problem. The sales of DAC and Skybox seating as it relates to the blue chairbacks was a total cluster.

The DAC seats puzzle me. And NOT in a good way. I guess I'm just too cheap. I've got elderly parents, so I've purchased DAC tickets a few times and watched a few games from the DAC (4 or 5 times total) with them, because the experience is much easier on them from the DAC. Unfortunately, it was at an average ticket price of at least $900+ per person, per game. I love LA Tech, but that's ridiculously expensive. And yet, every time I've been in the DAC, there are kids and young people running around the place, teenagers everywhere, etc.... All this is truly fine and well, but I wonder, "are all those people paying the same amount per head that I'm asked to pay?" Kinda hard to believe, if so. I just don't believe that everyone in the DAC is paying the same $900+ per person, per game, that I was charged.

All this to watch a football game from the end zone and eat bad food on paper plates, the last time I was in there (Covid year).

I'm starting to think the DAC may just be a gathering place for the Ruston elite, where many of the locals with an inside track to cheaper entry, gather. I just don't believe all those people in the DAC are paying what I was being charged to attend a game there.

Champ Gladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post

It's close to the end of the month, any update on baseball season tickets?

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I'm starting to think the DAC may just be a gathering place for the Ruston elite, where many of the locals with an inside track to cheaper entry, gather.
    Some of us we're saying that from the get-go, but yall werent ready to hear it ...

The SEZ was always meant to be another sattelite campus for the Cedar Creek / Squire Creek / Temple Baptist set. Which is totally fine. The problem with the DAC is when they asked all the rest of us to contribute (because "recruiting" -- lol!) and then intimated that non-participants were somehow disloyal for failing to bankroll a project that held no benefit for us.

So I'm sorry HD. The DAC was never meant for you. You got snookered. Conned. Hoodwinked. I'm sure it sucks to find out this way, but you're not the only one -- if that helps.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    Some of us we're saying that from the get-go, but yall werent ready to hear it ...

The SEZ was always meant to be another sattelite campus for the Cedar Creek / Squire Creek / Temple Baptist set. Which is totally fine. The problem with the DAC is when they asked all the rest of us to contribute (because "recruiting" -- lol!) and then intimated that non-participants were somehow disloyal for failing to bankroll a project that held no benefit for us.

So I'm sorry HD. The DAC was never meant for you. You got snookered. Conned. Hoodwinked. I'm sure it sucks to find out this way, but you're not the only one -- if that helps.
    Sure appears that way.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I take offense to the CC comment. If you knew how many firefighters, police, and LPSO send their kids there you would rethink your opinion of their elite status. Many of us forgo a lot to send our kids there. Besides, it’s nothing close to a private school education anywhere else in the country. It happens to be less than Calvary, Evangel, OCS, and St Fredericks because they are subsidized by specific church affiliation.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    I take offense to the CC comment. If you knew how many firefighters, police, and LPSO send their kids there you would rethink your opinion of their elite status. Many of us forgo a lot to send our kids there. Besides, it’s nothing close to a private school education anywhere else in the country. It happens to be less than Calvary, Evangel, OCS, and St Fredericks because they are subsidized by specific church affiliation.
    Thank you.

Most of the people that post on social media about CC don’t know what the hell they’re talking about.

Most of the rich/influential folk around Ruston don’t even send their kids to CC.

+ Reply to Thread