+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 51 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Serious Conference Realignment Discussion

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Serious Conference Realignment Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    I feel like at this point we have to consider the possibility that Guice was selected to destroy Louisiana Tech as a university.

Every move he has made or not made has significantly damaged the institution.

Can anyone name one thing that Guice has accomplished that has advanced our beloved university?
    He's not the "evil one" Dan Reneau, for some that's enough.

I reject the notion he's a plant to destroy Tech. Hope you posted that TIC. He's just stupidly incompetent and lazy. I must point out there were some amongst us who applauded his appointment saying "he gets it." Nope! but Tech has gotten it right up the azz.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    He's not the "evil one" Dan Reneau, for some that's enough.

I reject the notion he's a plant to destroy Tech. Hope you posted that TIC. He's just stupidly incompetent and lazy. I must point out there were some amongst us who applauded his appointment saying "he gets it." Nope! but Tech has gotten it right up the azz.
    Reneau never "got it". And he did things that hindered athetic growth.

Guice may "get it", but he hasn't helped athletic growth. His hire of the Boy Blunder is the biggest single reason originating in the last decade that Tech is in the spot it is in now.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gladzilla View Post
    The people at the top are looking like a joke, they need to make an announcement this week cause it's getting really bad.
    Announce what?

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    I feel like at this point we have to consider the possibility that Guice was selected to destroy Louisiana Tech as a university.

Every move he has made or not made has significantly damaged the institution.

Can anyone name one thing that Guice has accomplished that has advanced our beloved university?
    They’ve really been pushing campus improvement. There has been plenty good change with that over the past 8 years.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    They’ve really been pushing campus improvement. There has been plenty good change with that over the past 8 years.
    Campus does look nice. Shame there won't be anyone around to see it.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Campus does look nice. Shame there won't be anyone around to see it.
    Maybe we can turn it into a historical site?

Champ FriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond repute FriscoDog's Avatar

I agree it looks great. So why are our admissions going in the wrong direction?

Puppy ultoday seems to have something between the earsultoday seems to have something between the earsultoday seems to have something between the earsultoday seems to have something between the earsultoday seems to have something between the earsultoday seems to have something between the ears

Quote Originally Posted by exflash View Post
    …..I didn’t realize this but the R&D differences between UL and Tech are significant 2019 it was $165 mil to $25 mil…..in 2020 The UL amount grew significantly due to their role in the COVID Vax discovery…..I am old enough to have seen the rises and falls in both schools like the horrible leadership at UL under Dr A and the great strides st Tech under Dr T…..things are always changing with these2!
    Just curious, where did you get the vaccine story? We've been working hard on R&D for a long time:

In 2019, our R&D funding was $144M
    In 2018, $124M
    In 2017, $101M
    In 2018, $80M

So we've been growing at over 20% per year for a while. A 20% increase of $144M yields $172M... so the 2020 funding of $163M was actually a bit lower than expected.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by ultoday View Post
    Just curious, where did you get the vaccine story? We've been working hard on R&D for a long time:

In 2019, our R&D funding was $144M
    In 2018, $124M
    In 2017, $101M
    In 2018, $80M

So we've been growing at over 20% per year for a while. A 20% increase of $144M yields $172M... so the 2020 funding of $163M was actually a bit lower than expected.
    Can you coon-asses take your ull business over to your own site? No one over here is interested in this crap. It is typical of your ilk, however.

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDog View Post
    I agree it looks great. So why are our admissions going in the wrong direction?
    Pandemic. Online programs (not just a few classes). People not being able to afford it?
    Is there a lacking exposure in high schools?
    There may be a lack in evolution outside of the campus aspect. Maybe our admissions department isnt selling us like they should. I also remember a certain video they made in 2016 that made us a laughing stock online.

We probably need to revisit pricing on things as well, i felt like on-campus apartments were a bit pricy. As I’ve mentioned before, out of state fees need to be altered, or dropped to an extent for bordering states, or at least bordering counties. In-state kids dont have to worry about keeping their grades up like out of state kids do to keep that vital waiver.

Also you have other universities dipping into Engineering, one of our key programs. Ive mentioned them before, but SAU in Arkansas began offering it within the last 8 years. Its cheaper, and its easier. They’ve been setting enrollment records each year. 2013 enrollment number I found was 3545, 2021 enrollment number I found was 4434.

Champ FriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond repute FriscoDog's Avatar

Pandemic. Online programs (not just a few classes). People not being able to afford it?
    Is there a lacking exposure in high schools?
    There may be a lack in evolution outside of the campus aspect. Maybe our admissions department isnt selling us like they should. I also remember a certain video they made in 2016 that made us a laughing stock online.

We probably need to revisit pricing on things as well, i felt like on-campus apartments were a bit pricy. As I’ve mentioned before, out of state fees need to be altered, or dropped to an extent for bordering states, or at least bordering counties. In-state kids dont have to worry about keeping their grades up like out of state kids do to keep that vital waiver.

Also you have other universities dipping into Engineering, one of our key programs. Ive mentioned them before, but SAU in Arkansas began offering it within the last 8 years. Its cheaper, and its easier. They’ve been setting enrollment records each year. 2013 enrollment number I found was 3545, 2021 enrollment number I found was 4434.
    Not buying pandemic as excuse.. Other schools don't seem to be impacted to the degree that we are if any. Also not buying the too expensive excuse as Tech actually is ranked as one of the most affordable college educations out there. I personally think it comes down to marketing for Tech. We have solid affordable education, new housing, the message is not getting out.

Champ Gladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud of

Announce what?
    The next move.

Champ Bill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant future

Not buying pandemic as excuse.. Other schools don't seem to be impacted to the degree that we are if any. Also not buying the too expensive excuse as Tech actually is ranked as one of the most affordable college educations out there. I personally think it comes down to marketing for Tech. We have solid affordable education, new housing, the message is not getting out.
    The marketing is horrendous. Just look at our website.

Guice and Wood need to wake the f up - we're literally one of three schools in the United States of America that nobody wants anything to do with. None of this changes the great times I had at Tech, the relationships or the quality education. But it sucks ass when you're too embarrassed to tell anyone you went to school there because the people that are paid big bucks and entrusted with its care have shat all over it and lit on fire.

Tech isnt expensive for people in Louisiana.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Also not sure I want us offering easier degrees, especially in engineering. I want those roads, bridges, assembly lines, and electrical systems to live for decades.

+ Reply to Thread