+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Serious Conference Realignment Discussion

Champ Bill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant future

Re: Serious Conference Realignment Discussion

Conference USA in negotiations to add three universities (msn.com)

M
    y hot sports opinion - if we don't collect our share of C-USA exit fees and put that money toward an-indoor practice facility and implement a student athletic fee, Guice and Wood need to be terminated.

Something tells me we're going to get cucked on this deal. Hope I'm wrong.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Brasky View Post

M
    y hot sports opinion - if we don't collect our share of C-USA exit fees and put that money toward an-indoor practice facility and implement a student athletic fee, Guice and Wood need to be terminated.

It's not just Guice/Wood, it's all the officials for the remaining schools. Gotta get those exit fees! And then....shutter!...put that money to good use. Yeah, I have real concerns that if so awarded with a windfall, albeit about $2 million, that Tech will parlay that into some long term good. Use that $2 million, and it could be as high as $2.5 million, to leverage a bond measure to get the money to make the needed improvements.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Brasky View Post

M

Thanks for posting that story link. I've been hearing for days that UCONN, Liberty and NMSU were going to be invited to CUSA.....maybe even today. Unfortunately, everybody around LA Tech athletics is so secretive about everything it's just absurd. They don't want anybody saying anything, because they don't want anybody 2nd guessing their strategy. It's just stupid, and IMO, it's how LA Tech got in the pickle in the 1st place.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GEAUX UL View Post
    You insecure mfers will probably just delete my post again, but I just learned from a very credible source that Sam Houston is a done deal, and C-USA is also in serious talks with McNeese St. Not a joke.
    Sam Houston State makes sense, and I think they have the means/potential to develop into a solid FBS school. McNeese, on the other hand...they probably still have blue tarps on some of their roofs! And even without the storm damage issues, I don't think McNeese was exactly in a good position to move up to FBS before. But, I could be wrong. I played high school football with President Daryl Burckel. I haven't bothered him with texts/emails since I assume he's busy rebuilding the school, but if this looks like a possibility, I will definitely contact him and ask.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

I am a very insecure mfer, so you will probably just delete my post again, and you have every right to do so. But I just learned from a very credible source that Sam Houston is a done deal, and C-USA is also in serious talks with McNeese St. Not a joke.
    Yeah, and I've heard that Bossier Parish Community College (BPCC), Tyler Junior College, Blinn College and Henderson St in Arkansas are all in discussions to join the Sunbelt. Honest. I heard it from a very credible source. Not a joke.

Champ buck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to beholdbuck_dawg_gold is a splendid one to behold

You insecure mfers will probably just delete my post again, but I just learned from a very credible source that Sam Houston is a done deal, and C-USA is also in serious talks with McNeese St. Not a joke.
    I actually don’t mind Sam Houston. It’s probably a good time for them to move up and they have a much larger football following in Houston than Rice. McNeese has a really passionate fan base and has had decent success in FCS. At this point it is what it is. If the conference is able to stay alive we ensure the exit fees from the teams that are leaving.

Varsity Bulldog kfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the roughkfj is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    They don't want anybody saying anything, because they don't want anybody 2nd guessing their strategy.
    They have a strategy?

Champ Bill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant future

Laughette GEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Yeah, and I've heard that Bossier Parish Community College (BPCC), Tyler Junior College, Blinn College and Henderson St in Arkansas are all in discussions to join the Sunbelt. Honest. I heard it from a very credible source. Not a joke.
    Yeah, this is the exact same reaction I got when I came here a few weeks ago and told y’all the Sun Belt was about to raid C-USA.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    Big XII after Texas and Oklahoma are long gone.
    Well Texas and Oklahoma are already gone. The Big XII has already added four teams to take their place, why would they then add Memphis? So, they could dilute the piece of tv pie each school gets? Mighty generous of them. Maybe it's so they could call themselves the Big XIII. No, I think the Big XII is going to hold tight. If they wanted Memphis they would have invited them.

Plus waiting for other conferences to add teams hoping that triggers movement in several conferences providing a new home for us has always been our plan. Hasn't worked out too well so far. We do not need another reactionary plan. We need to build an elite G5 athletic program. The next move the autonomous/P5 conferences might make is finally leaving the NCAA altogether. Why should they continue to share the money? We need to be one of the top programs when that happens to best position ourselves for life without the P5.

No more reactionary moves, crossing our fingers hoping it works out. This is a better plan than hoping to absorb ULM or LSUS, but still not guaranteed to work. Being aggressive and proactive, that is the way to go. We need to become such a strong property every G5 conference will want us.

Laughette GEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeGEAUX UL Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Sam Houston State makes sense, and I think they have the means/potential to develop into a solid FBS school. McNeese, on the other hand...they probably still have blue tarps on some of their roofs! And even without the storm damage issues, I don't think McNeese was exactly in a good position to move up to FBS before. But, I could be wrong. I played high school football with President Daryl Burckel. I haven't bothered him with texts/emails since I assume he's busy rebuilding the school, but if this looks like a possibility, I will definitely contact him and ask.
    I don’t understand McNeese either. Their program is in shambles at the moment, but I hear they are optimistic about finding additional funding. Also, I suppose when they look at the future of the Southland, struggling as a FBS member isn’t a bad alternative and probably the best way to reconnect with the Texas WAC schools.

We really don’t need another FBS school in Louisiana.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post

Plus waiting for other conferences to add teams hoping that triggers movement in several conferences providing a new home for us has always been our plan. Hasn't worked out too well so far.
    It worked pretty well in 2013.

Probably shouldn't be the end of the plan, but it's also just about all you can do. I mean, "build an elite program" isn't really a real plan either. If it were, now you've clued in all the other schools in the nation. They'll "just" go do that now, too.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

SHSU is better at football right now than UConn or NMSU (and closer to Ruston). I'd still pursue NMSU as well of course.

As a Tech fan, I'm still hoping for the bare minimum marriage of convenience for now. Reduce the denominator on what little tv and playoff money as much as you can. Get that buy-out money from the 9 (9!) schools leaving. Make up for travel costs by playing 5 OOC games (and keeping them regional).

If I'm a CUSA employee, I'm pushing the broadest expansion possible.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

This is why AAC added 6 from CUSA. Do they add another if they are at an odd number, or stick it out?
    Sidelines - CFB

@SSN_CollegeFB

·
    22h

Heavily speculated 2nd wave of Big XII expansion will take the league to 16 teams. The top candidates being mentioned are those just missed the cut in rd 1. Do the 4 new teams add or detract to the Big XII. Should the conf. expand beyond 12?New teams:-USF-Memphis-SMU-Boise

Sidelines - Boise State and 4 others

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Pete Thamel
    @PeteThamel
    ·
    10m
    Sources: Marshall has informed the Sun Belt that it is joining the league.

+ Reply to Thread