+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: Serious Conference Realignment Discussion

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Re: Serious Conference Realignment Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Stay at 9 and ride things out to the next shift
    100%

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

unless MO State is available; if so, take them now

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Exactly.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    unless MO State is available; if so, take them now
    Why?

9>>>>>>>>10 and while they're not awful at football or basketball they're still an FCS call up. They're not close to anyone. They're not making the conference much big market tv money.

They'd be great if we lose another team. But 9 is my strong preference for at least long enough to see which way the wind is blowing.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    Why?

9>>>>>>>>10 and while they're not awful at football or basketball they're still an FCS call up. They're not close to anyone. They're not making the conference much big market tv money.

They'd be great if we lose another team. But 9 is my strong preference for at least long enough to see which way the wind is blowing.
    they are a top 60 basketball school and are decent in baseball. The new CUSA needs to realize their football sucks to the rest of the world. bang the other 2 and roll.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

CUSA needs to get Dallas Baptist for their baseball. And, whatever else they bring...

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    they are a top 60 basketball school and are decent in baseball. The new CUSA needs to realize their football sucks to the rest of the world. bang the other 2 and roll.
    Ok, but we've already got 9 teams.

That's a full conference. If someone leaves they'd be worth considering, but there isn't a spot for them.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    CUSA needs to get Dallas Baptist for their baseball. And, whatever else they bring...
    DBU was WAC for baseball for a minute (now MVC)/ that's their only D1 sport. D2 in everything else.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Ok, but we've already got 9 teams.

That's a full conference. If someone leaves they'd be worth considering, but there isn't a spot for them.
    I agree. CUSA should STAY SMALL for the foreseeable future, and dominate it. Focus on scheduling high quality OOC games in football that make sense. Do you think Big XII teams or SEC teams or even AAC teams care whether or not we have Jacksonville St vs ODU in the new CUSA? LOL! Or New Mexico St and Sam Houston State instead of Charlotte, or FAU? No, they don't care. Very few of them even knew who was in the old CUSA, and they certainly don't care who's in the new one either.

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I agree. CUSA should STAY SMALL for the foreseeable future, and dominate it. Focus on scheduling high quality OOC games in football that make sense. Do you think Big XII teams or SEC teams or even AAC teams care whether or not we have Jacksonville St vs ODU in the new CUSA? LOL! Or New Mexico St and Sam Houston State instead of Charlotte, or FAU? No, they don't care. Very few of them even knew who was in the old CUSA, and they certainly don't care who's in the new one either.
    Yep.

If ESPN comes to us and says "we'll give you $9 million per year for the current 9 teams, but if you'll only add Missouri State (or anyone else) and we'll give you $20 million per year" obviously that changes things. But any additional school has to be worth more than the tv contract times 1.1 to be worth starting a conversation about. Maybe Missouri State is that team, but I doubt it.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    THIS! We do the best we can to dominate the new CUSA and go from there. No going backwards in the the Belt! I am not crazy about Lamar or Sam Houston, but you are exactly right - they just take the place of the FAU and Charlottes. Our energy needs to be spent on moving up, not down. I think those going to the belt have made a HUGE mistake. I like Southern Miss and wish they would have stayed, but that was their bad decision. They may be back or move somewhere else in the future. I hope that for them. For us, just win and just market ourselves! We will come out better down the road.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    THIS! We do the best we can to dominate the new CUSA and go from there. No going backwards in the the Belt! I am not crazy about Lamar or Sam Houston, but you are exactly right - they just take the place of the FAU and Charlottes. Our energy needs to be spent on moving up, not down. I think those going to the belt have made a HUGE mistake. I like Southern Miss and wish they would have stayed, but that was their bad decision. They may be back or move somewhere else in the future. I hope that for them. For us, just win and just market ourselves! We will come out better down the road.
    If you're in a G5 conference, you're a bottom feeder. You can rearrange the deck chairs as much as you want, but you'll still be on the bottom of the food chain. And when it costs a bunch of money to move your chair to another location on the deck that's already on the bottom of the ocean, it makes no sense to do so.

What's left of the AAC is no better than the belt or CUSA. Let's see them push that stupid "P6" junk now with their new members. It's a shell of what it once was, so I see no status associated with being in that conference at all.

Yeah, I wish Southern Miss had stayed, but I am glad we still have Western Ky and Middle Tenn.

Like you said, just win and market ourselves. Make game day fun again.

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow View Post
    If you're in a G5 conference, you're a bottom feeder. You can rearrange the deck chairs as much as you want, but you'll still be on the bottom of the food chain. And when it costs a bunch of money to move your chair to another location on the deck that's already on the bottom of the ocean, it makes no sense to do so.

What's left of the AAC is no better than the belt or CUSA. Let's see them push that stupid "P6" junk now with their new members. It's a shell of what it once was, so I see no status associated with being in that conference at all.

Yeah, I wish Southern Miss had stayed, but I am glad we still have Western Ky and Middle Tenn.

Like you said, just win and market ourselves. Make game day fun again.
    Yeah. I wish they were staying but I don't think they're going to regret giving up games with FIU, UTEP, NMSU, etc. Just like we wouldn't be mourning those games if we left.

And for sure, the P6 thing is not something they can use with a straight face anymore (although I think they do plan to).

Champ Dawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond reputeDawgonit has a reputation beyond repute Dawgonit's Avatar

And for sure, the P6 thing is not something they can use with a straight face anymore (although I think they do plan to).
    Man that'll be the biggest joke in CFB now if they continue doing that. The MWC will clearly be the 6th best conference now.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Just in case no one else is watching…

SMU is not spending 50 MILLION dollars on their football stadium to play UTSA, NT, and RICE.

+ Reply to Thread