Thread: Serious Conference Realignment Discussion

Threaded View

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Re: Serious Conference Realignment Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    1. Money
    2. Exposure to recruits and our largest bases of alumni outside of Louisiana (DFW, HOU, SA)
    3. Fan Interest in divisional play against Rice/UTSA/UNT/Memphis (if they're still around at that time) I think would be a lot better, than against Sam Houston State and Jacksonville (Alabama-not-Florida-and-not-the-school-Deion-Sanders-coaches-at) State.
    I’ll buy #2, but #s 1 and 3 are just hopes and wishes. Sure, I’d take the AAC over NewSA, but I don’t know that I would take it over the Belt given the folks that would have to leave to get us in.

MWC is absolutely an upgrade, but that seems only slightly less likely than a Big12 invite.
    Last edited by johnnylightnin; 12-23-2021 at 11:59 AM.