+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Big C

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: The Big C

Back in my room, and thanks to my wife for bringing my laptop. Doctor says surgery was a big success...three tumors, one the size of a grown man's thumb, removed and no signs of cancer anywhere else. Now just have to survive a rough night and next few days as I heal up. Already the medication used for the procedure is wearing off and the tiny pain pills they will give me don't offer much in the way of help. But, this too shall pass.

I am so lucky. I just have another scar to live with....although, I must say, the way they close now doesn't leave bad scars. In fact, one I had from about 15 years ago is practically gone. The whole staff, from the doctors to the nurses, to the sweet little lady volunteer "pink lady," who has been so helpful, brought my wife coffee while she waited, all of them top-notch. I think the world of our healthcare providers...they are the best!

Oh...and there is the cutest little blonde nurse on the floor.

Thanks for all the well-wishes and support.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Back in my room, and thanks to my wife for bringing my laptop. Doctor says surgery was a big success...three tumors, one the size of a grown man's thumb, removed and no signs of cancer anywhere else. Now just have to survive a rough night and next few days as I heal up. Already the medication used for the procedure is wearing off and the tiny pain pills they will give me don't offer much in the way of help. But, this too shall pass.

I am so lucky. I just have another scar to live with....although, I must say, the way they close now doesn't leave bad scars. In fact, one I had from about 15 years ago is practically gone. The whole staff, from the doctors to the nurses, to the sweet little lady volunteer "pink lady," who has been so helpful, brought my wife coffee while she waited, all of them top-notch. I think the world of our healthcare providers...they are the best!

God is good....all the time. All the time...God is good!

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Fantastic news, and here's hoping the recovery is speedy!

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Great to hear! Prayers for your pain level and healing.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Thank Gawd for those tiny little pain pills! And, BTW, they use a self-sticking gauze that is as strong as Gorilla tape! Just soak in a tub of warm water, they said, and the gauze will come off. Yeah, right! Ouch!

This too shall pass.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Yes! Continued prayers Jim! #TeamDawg80

Had a follow up yesterday...everything looking good. Still a little tender along the incisions, but they are healing nicely. Most importantly no signs of cancer. Will have monthly checkups/testing at least for the next 6 months and then maybe quarterly after that.

Thanks to all the support and well-wishes.

Please keep those with worst cases of this dread mess in your thoughts and prayers. I've had the opportunity to speak with cancer patients and their family members, since I've been in those circles here recently. I feel guilty and really, silly, even saying I have (had) cancer. These folks are fighting the real menace. Met a woman yesterday, Theresa, she is 38, a single mother and is battling cancer. Told me she is fighting it as hard as she can to stay alive long enough so her two kids, ages 16 and 13, can become adults and provide for themselves. That is real courage! She represents the best of the human spirit, and she is a real victim of damn cancer. We chatted for about 30 minutes until I was called in for my appointment. When I came out she was gone into her appointment. I have thought about her since. Feel so helpless...

Then there are those kids at St. Jude's. I am a regular donator to St. Jude's but that is as much to make me feel like I am doing something. Again...helpless.

Remember Theresa, and folks like her...and the kids...in your thoughts and prayers.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Had a follow up yesterday...everything looking good. Still a little tender along the incisions, but they are healing nicely. Most importantly no signs of cancer. Will have monthly checkups/testing at least for the next 6 months and then maybe quarterly after that.

Thanks to all the support and well-wishes.

Please keep those with worst cases of this dread mess in your thoughts and prayers. I've had the opportunity to speak with cancer patients and their family members, since I've been in those circles here recently. I feel guilty and really, silly, even saying I have (had) cancer. These folks are fighting the real menace. Met a woman yesterday, Theresa, she is 38, a single mother and is battling cancer. Told me she is fighting it as hard as she can to stay alive long enough so her two kids, ages 16 and 13, can become adults and provide for themselves. That is real courage! She represents the best of the human spirit, and she is a real victim of damn cancer. We chatted for about 30 minutes until I was called in for my appointment. When I came out she was gone into her appointment. I have thought about her since. Feel so helpless...

Then there are those kids at St. Jude's. I am a regular donator to St. Jude's but that is as much to make me feel like I am doing something. Again...helpless.

Remember Theresa, and folks like her...and the kids...in your thoughts and prayers.
    Very nicely said, D80! Glad to hear of your good report. I hope everyone that reads this also supports St. Jude's. What a wonderful thing they do for those kids and their families.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

I have totally missed logging on the Rocket Board and obviously this thread! So glad for the great news and
    we will pray for your continued healing.

These have been very inspirational posts Jim.
    Thanks!

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Sorry I just saw this, but glad your report was good. Cancer does suck! Praying the healing is quick and pain free and the cancer stays away!

Jennifer O. an acquaintance and a "business associate" whom I did not know well, except thru a business my wife and I have, just succumbed to cancer. She was 39 and leaves behind a husband and two kids. It was breast cancer, in her case.

You ever meet someone and instantly like them/respect them/admire them? People like that have a charism about 'em. That intangible trait that attracts folks, makes you want to listen to them, to trust their judgment. That was Jennifer O. Yes, she was also an attractive woman, very pretty. But it was her personality I will remember...as will all those who had the privilege to meet her.

Just got the shocking news via an email. She has been battling the cancer for two years...Damn! was just with her at a meeting in early October, just two months ago. Never knew she was ill. She never showed any signs, never let on something was wrong. She was her usual bubbly, gracious, out-going self.

We barely knew her. This is not so much a personal loss, but rather just a cry of HOW UNFAIR IT IS!

Goddamn I hate f--king cancer!

Gut punched...prayers requested.

My sister called to advise her daughter, my niece, has been diagnosed with cancer, Hodgkin's Lymphoma. My niece, Madeline, is 25. She is a nurse at Ochsner's Hospital. They think they have caught it early enough for chemo to be effective.

You might remember we lost my nephew, Zach, last year when he was hit by a car while bike riding along Hwy 167 below Ruston. Madeline is his sister. My sister, and her husband, Brent, have been through a lot and need prayers and positive vibes! Let's all believe Madeline will beat this, and she will.

Thanks.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Thanks for sharing. Will do!

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Will be praying

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Lifting y'all up!

+ Reply to Thread