+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Big C

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Re: The Big C

Horrible news, but thankfully they caught it early. Certainly Madeline will be in my prayers.

There is obviously a family history of kicking cancer's butt, I'm sure she'll follow in your footsteps and knock this thing out.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Madeline has started chemo. The doctors are hopeful and optimistic.

Read an article on a CURE FOR CANCER, at least for leukemia. Called the CAR T treatment early, and very limited, tests have proven very hopeful. Researchers say that not only did the cancer disappear, but the CAR T cells remained in the bloodstream acting as sentinels guarding against future leukemia occurrence. This research dates back to 1996. So why haven't we heard more about it and why, after 25 years, has no procedure/treatment become mainstream? Well, apparently these CAR T sentinels don't know the difference between bad B cells and the good ones, such as our white blood cells. All research patients, volunteers, dating back to 1996 are cancer free, and every one of them agreed to be a Guinea pig because they were all eaten up with cancer and given 30 days to live. Problem is they have to get monthly infusions to replenish their disease-fighting white blood cells. One patient, Doug Olson, was in his 40's when told to get his affairs in order. Now 25 years later he endures the monthly routine of blood infusions and is enjoying every day of life he wouldn't have had.

The exciting and promising part of the on-going research is that the CAR T cells are "assassins" seeking out and killing cancer cells throughout the body. Oncologists don't throw around the term "cure" for cancer lightly, but in this case more and more researchers and oncologists are joining the chorus. The issue is, as one doctor said, "if we can just teach the CAR T to distinguish between the good guys(cells) and the bad guys."

Oh, and keep the prayers coming, it is much appreciated.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

You got it

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Madeline has completed 9 of 12 scheduled chemo treatments. She's lost all of her hair, but she has not suffered side-effects too badly. She is still going to work every day...well after a couple days off immediately after the treatments. The prognosis remains very hopeful for a full recovery. Had a Facetime with her this morning and she is in good spirits and actually "enjoying" the hair situation, says she can get ready for work a whole lot quicker now.

Keep the prayers coming, not only for Madeline, but for everyone battling the dreaded Big C.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

This seems the place for this kind of news, so….

Some of you know that I was diagnosed the end of February after several months of pain.

16 hour Surgery on March 28. part of my shin is now my chin. After a couple of setbacks (staph in one of the wounds with follow up surgery) finally suppposed to rock and roll with chemo (in house) and radiation beginning Wednesday.

It is stage4 but the PETSscan was really good last week, so we are hopeful and covet dawg prayers too over the next several weeks.

Thanks for all of you who have kept up privately. It is amazing a dickhead like myself acquired so many wonderful friends over the past 59 years.

I am fully confident in prayer. I am fully confident in my Willis Knighten caregivers and most of all I am fully confident in Jesus. I have just been reminded that I have been a dead man walking for my entire life anyway. I would like to stick around for a while longer, but I truly am good to go when the time comes. Best case scenario, and the plan, live like i am dying… for the next 20 years.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post

Some of you know that I was diagnosed the end of February after several months of pain.

16 hour Surgery on March 28. part of my shin is now my chin. After a couple of setbacks (staph in one of the wounds with follow up surgery) finally suppposed to rock and roll with chemo (in house) and radiation beginning Wednesday.

It is stage4 but the PETSscan was really good last week, so we are hopeful and covet dawg prayers too over the next several weeks.

Thanks for all of you who have kept up privately. It is amazing a dickhead like myself acquired so many wonderful friends over the past 59 years.

I am fully confident in prayer. I am fully confident in my Willis Knighten caregivers and most of all I am fully confident in Jesus. I have just been reminded that I have been a dead man walking for my entire life anyway. I would like to stick around for a while longer, but I truly am good to go when the time comes. Best case scenario, and the plan, live like i am dying… for the next 20 years.
    Thanks for sharing with us all. Some of your closer friends have kept me updated. You guys have lived and been through more than most of us can ever imagine. I don't understand why some like you guys and D80 have had so much placed on them. I am awed by your strength.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Sorry to hear. Let me know if you need anything when in Shreve. Those guys at WK are top notch.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Sorry to hear. Let me know if you need anything when in Shreve. Those guys at WK are top notch.
    thanks guys. i am amazed at the quality of care available through Willis Knighton. we could have gone wherever, but for the stuff I had, people come from all over to Shreveport. I had no idea.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Will absolutely say a prayer for treatment and successful recovery.

Prayers flowing your way, skilldawg.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Love ya Scott -

You have been continuously in our prayers
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Great news! My niece Madeline is 100% clear of cancer. Just got the word.

Thanks for all the prayers!

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Great!
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Amazing news!

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

That is great to hear.

+ Reply to Thread