+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: DMN details UNT started planning move 2 years ago

Big Dog BCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to all

Re: DMN details UNT started planning move 2 years ago

I never think of BTB. Never.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by BCSDAWG View Post
    I never think of BTB. Never.
    Other than BTB Radio, I don't either. But there is no denying that traffic here is nowhere close to what it was 8-12 years ago.

Big Dog Rama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant future Rama Jama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    This kind of stuff is why you don't hire someone that has experience from NSU and McNeese to try to move you forward. That was literally the worst hire- yes, even worse than Summitt. Any idiot could see you can't hire small time to go big time. It's becoming more and more obvious the last hire was not much better. I hope he proves us wrong, but so far I have seen nothing he has added to the table.
    Hey! Wait a minute! He power washed the stadium..maybe if we still have the equipment we can offer free car washes next home game

Big Dog Rama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant future Rama Jama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by THEarmada View Post
    Sadly, I never saw a need for a pay-for site but BTB has successfully fragmented the Tech fan base. Just one piece of the death of the Texh fan base
    https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...=1000539827903
    You can just listen to their weekly podcast for free. It IS informative, especially a few of the guests callers. One guest explained how having UTEP is basically a big reason for Marshall exiting CUSA, namely having to travel all the way out west. So what is CUSA entertaining? Adding NM State. In Las Cruces, NM. That means visitors would fly into El Paso and then bus it out to Las Cruces.

One of the hosts of the BTB podcast is either deaf, or needs to adjust his mic, or simply likes to yell all of his conversations. Hard to listen to..

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Wow! North Texas a school with over 3.5 times the enrollment of Tech. A school located fourth largest metro area in the United States, in a city with sixty times the population of Ruston. A school located in an MSA where the population is 1.65 times is greater than the population of the entire state of Louisiana. That school, North Texas, has the idea to start planning for conference realignment two years before it happens and hire consultants to help their cause. All the while Guice and TMac sit back with their plan being, “maybe somebody will magically pick us”. It is criminal that we paid those guys to allow this to happen.

Champ Bill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    Other than BTB Radio, I don't either. But there is no denying that traffic here is nowhere close to what it was 8-12 years ago.
    Is that where some of our prolific posters have gone?

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Brasky View Post
    Is that where some of our prolific posters have gone?
    Yep, decided only to share their thoughts for a price.

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

In a pieced-together CUSA, would we be the shot-callers? What I’m saying is..while the next few years may suck… if we stick around aren’t we the top Dawgs in this “new” conference? We should have the conference officials by the balls (for lack of a better term)

It’s nothing to be proud of, but neither is not winning our conference in anything. Maybe this is a slice of humble pie for us. Who’s going to stick around? Big donors and diehards. The same ones that have been around this whole time. We need to plan NOW for the next shake-up…

Disclaimer: I’ve followed tech closely since 2001 when I was 9 years old. I’m not as aware of previous decisions and scenarios as some on this board.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    In a pieced-together CUSA, would we be the shot-callers? What I’m saying is..while the next few years may suck… if we stick around aren’t we the top Dawgs in this “new” conference? We should have the conference officials by the balls (for lack of a better term)

It’s nothing to be proud of, but neither is not winning our conference in anything. Maybe this is a slice of humble pie for us. Who’s going to stick around? Big donors and diehards. The same ones that have been around this whole time. We need to plan NOW for the next shake-up…

Disclaimer: I’ve followed tech closely since 2001 when I was 9 years old. I’m not as aware of previous decisions and scenarios as some on this board.
    The issue is that CUSA may be beyond the tipping point. If the MAC gets WKU and MTSU, there’s almost no way to salvage CUSA. The poor leadership and teams looking to bail to anywhere that would have them has Indy FBS teams and FCS schools that can make the jump leery. Who wants to hop aboard a sinking ship?

We tried to slow play this and do ANYTHING to avoid the Belt. Now we’re needing generosity from a conference we’ve talked down to for 20 years.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    The issue is that CUSA may be beyond the tipping point. If the MAC gets WKU and MTSU, there’s almost no way to salvage CUSA. The poor leadership and teams looking to bail to anywhere that would have them has Indy FBS teams and FCS schools that can make the jump leery. Who wants to hop aboard a sinking ship?

We tried to slow play this and do ANYTHING to avoid the Belt. Now we’re needing generosity from a conference we’ve talked down to for 20 years.
    My guess is we stay in CUSA until we get the money from the buy-out of all these other teams moving. We make improvements that are needed, then go independent in football with all other sports in CUSA still. It will be difficult, but we will play money games again until there is another conference shake up. It will be similar to how we waited in the WAC for a couple of years for CUSA to extend an invite. That will cost us some home games, but we will be playing some big names for big payouts until we can move to the AAC. Just my guess... Difficult, but we will find ourselves in better company than the belt eventually. I think Marshall and Southern Miss are going to regret their decision to go to the belt.

We talk about our administration being reactive, instead of being proactive. That is EXACTLY what these teams are doing by joining the belt. Many fans on here are the same way. We went into panic mode quickly. If some on here were in charge, we would be in the belt now. The best plan is to plan this out carefully and put ourselves in the best position to go to the AAC. Those that are jumping to the belt now won't be in any position to jump to another conference for a long time. We will have that opportunity.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Based on how dead this fan forum is…RIP Tech athletics.
    Sadly, I never saw a need for a pay-for site but BTB has successfully fragmented the Tech fan base. Just one piece of the death of the Texh fan base
    Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    We've lost several long time posters due to several reasons.

- a few that I know of just flat out got their feelings hurt by certain posters and left because we refused to censor those who hurt their feelings.

- a few refuse to believe anything other than the BS our administration tells them. BBB has always allowed a platform for all views Tech.

- a few have been offended by some of the content.

The board traffic here has gone down in direct proportion to the overall interest in Tech athletics. Yes, BTB traffic has picked up, but you only need to look at the crowds at football games to see what our former AD did and our current president allowed to happen to Tech athletics.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

What is BTB? Never heard of it.

As for any past posters who have had their feelings hurt here...sorry. I'm sure it was Hogdawg who ran 'em off .

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    My guess is we stay in CUSA until we get the money from the buy-out of all these other teams moving. We make improvements that are needed, then go independent in football with all other sports in CUSA still. It will be difficult, but we will play money games again until there is another conference shake up. It will be similar to how we waited in the WAC for a couple of years for CUSA to extend an invite. That will cost us some home games, but we will be playing some big names for big payouts until we can move to the AAC. Just my guess... Difficult, but we will find ourselves in better company than the belt eventually. I think Marshall and Southern Miss are going to regret their decision to go to the belt.

We talk about our administration being reactive, instead of being proactive. That is EXACTLY what these teams are doing by joining the belt. Many fans on here are the same way. We went into panic mode quickly. If some on here were in charge, we would be in the belt now. The best plan is to plan this out carefully and put ourselves in the best position to go to the AAC. Those that are jumping to the belt now won't be in any position to jump to another conference for a long time. We will have that opportunity.
    Open your eyes Champion

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Open your eyes Champion
    He's our eternal optimist!

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    He's our eternal optimist!
    I just hope our higher ups don’t share his disconnect from reality and irrational opposition to a stable, regional conference.

+ Reply to Thread