+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Mid-term Elections

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: 2022 Mid-term Elections

I’m with you. Hoping our people don’t go RINO on us.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Red Eagle's final predictions:

House: GOP 244 demwits 191
    Senate: GOP 53 demwits 47
    Governships: GOP 32 demwits 18

I hope he's right, but I think he's being too optimistic. Never underestimate the reality of morons voting against their own interests and voting for the (D), just because... and the ability of the GOP to fumble at the goal line...and the voter fraud that will occur and alter the results of some of the close races, when it should have been the GOP candidate winning.

But, we will see!
    I thought he was too optimistic...

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

What is the argument against a nationwide election standard? It would make perfect sense that the process by which we elect our leaders is losing effectiveness and efficiency at a similar rate as the bodies they are elected to serve in. More proof that government controlled processes are never dependable and effective.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Also, I said a long time ago that good, solid candidates could win for the GOP because they would be facing democrats who either had done nothing or were just plain terrible people. Oz and Walker were bad picks. Masters was okay. As long as the political process is this nasty and heated, good people will not run for office in areas where Dems need to lose. I wouldn’t want my family going through that.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

A few positive takeaways...

First, Harriet Hageman, who ousted the bitch Liz Cheney, won last night for the GOP. Secondly, both Stacy Abrams and Beto O'Rourke LOST after the Dems wasted $tens of millions on their campaigns. Florida is no longer purple, it is solid red now.

Looks like the GOP will eek out a majority in the House, but with the wanton cheating going on probably won't get to 51 in the Senate. It's not over yet, but it's highly doubtful the feeble GOP will be able to overcome the voter fraud that has occurred in Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Georgia, Arizona, and Nevada.

Already, GOP pundits, those claiming to be "on our side" are saying it was a mistake to run Trump MAGA candidates, and they hope the GOP and its supporters, have learned a valuable lesson in this. Actually, 2024 offers a much better opportunity for the GOP to seize control of Congress...and hopefully the WH too...since more Dems are up for re-election in '24 than were this year.

Also, and this is huge, these same so-called GOP pundits are warning the Repubs to NOT engage in investigations into the Bidens, the DOJ, etc... that the American people are tired of the nonsense and just want good governance. Notice how when the Dems do it it's okay, but the Repubs dare not!!!

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Also, I said a long time ago that good, solid candidates could win for the GOP because they would be facing democrats who either had done nothing or were just plain terrible people. Oz and Walker were bad picks. Masters was okay. As long as the political process is this nasty and heated, good people will not run for office in areas where Dems need to lose. I wouldn’t want my family going through that.
    I am leaning to not seek re-election and all I am is a parish councilman, relatively tame in the big political picture. But, it's a constant barrage of phone calls, text messages, Facebook messages, and folks stopping me in Walmart to complain about something. Knowing what I know about the whole political process I wouldn't subject myself or my family to it.

My father-in-law was a big political operative, hired out to work on campaigns. One year he asked me to drive a car in a town's Christmas parade. The car was decked out with "Vote for...." a fellow running for Congress. I just had to drive the car and toss candy out the window. Well, this HUGE fellow steps out in front of me and slams both of his enormous fists on the hood of the car, he points his finger at me yelling, "I ain't voting for you, your whole family are crooks!" I leaned out the window, "I'm not him, I'm just driving the car." He steps aside and mutters, "Well, I still ain't voting for that guy." Whoa! Nope, not me, I would never want to go through something like that.

BTW, that fellow's whole family were and probably still are, CROOKS! I was just doing my father-in-law a favor.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

I saw some voter analysis somewhere based on exit polling (I think) and two things jumped out at me.

60% or so of the respondents said it was the Federal government's responsibility to provide health care to all Americans.

51% of the respondents said that COVID was still a big issue for them.

Kinda frightening.

I do believe that the ACA was supposed to be partially funded via student loan interest. Those are the same student loans that Biden is trying to forgive.

Yeah, I know, some of the polling of those who just voted is alarming. Last night FOX was running a graphic with the results of their polling, and I guess, given some of the results, I don't live in the same country as those folks. I certainly don't recognize it any longer.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

It’s only going to get worse.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Trump's antics and backing poor candidates cost the GOP. Folks, it's time to move past Don and support Ron. Trump's time has past. Face it.

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    Trump's antics and backing poor candidates cost the GOP. Folks, it's time to move past Don and support Ron. Trump's time has past. Face it.
    I was hoping Trump would run/win in 2024 and then DeSantis follow in 2028 and 2032. But, Trump has become so toxic...most of it NOT his fault, although he makes it easier for his detractors to attack him...that removing him from the picture would leave the Left blinking...they would need someone new to hate. Well, DeSantis would fill that role perfectly for them.

After last night I am at my lowest point ever in believing in the concept of "America" and that she can/will prevail. I have always maintained belief in Americans and America. But, not so much anymore.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I was hoping Trump would run/win in 2024 and then DeSantis follow in 2028 and 2032. But, Trump has become so toxic...most of it NOT his fault, although he makes it easier for his detractors to attack him...that removing him from the picture would leave the Left blinking...they would need someone new to hate. Well, DeSantis would fill that role perfectly for them.

After last night I am at my lowest point ever in believing in the concept of "America" and that she can/will prevail. I have always maintained belief in Americans and America. But, not so much anymore.
    On Sept. 17, 1787, while leaving the just‐​finished Constitutional Convention in Philadelphia, Benjamin Franklin was purportedly asked whether the delegates had produced a republic or a monarchy. He allegedly said, “A republic, if you can keep it.” Even he knew that what was put into place would one day fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2022/11/08/p...hot/index.html

It’s stuff like this that makes Trump such an unlikable candidate.

Varsity Bulldog Dawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her game Dawgyinmiami's Avatar

I don’t post here often, but after last night, I just have to say. It is time for Trump to step back, enjoy his money, run his companies, and leave the Presidency to someone else. I voted for him in both elections and will if he is on the ticket in 2024. I firmly believed he was what we needed the last two elections, but I am just not interested in watching him go after DeSantis like we know he will. Personally, I think DeSantis has a much better chance of winning in 2024. He won his Governor race in a landslide, turned Miami-Dade red for the first time in forever, and, I believe is respected by more than just the hard right. We all saw how the Trump backed candidates faired last night. Trump just has way too much baggage coming in and, honestly, his running again would feel more like a revenge tour than a genuine effort to make America a better country. It’s even possible that DeSantis might be able to pull a little support from the more moderate Democrats…who knows. If Trump runs again, I think we’re just looking at another election where everyone digs in, votes for the R or D and we get another contested race split right down the middle. It sure would be nice to put a candidate up there that has the ability to state the conservative case without resorting to sophomoric personal attacks that do nothing more than push away anyone who might be in the fence.

My $.02. Put it towards a cup of coffee.

"You guys are small...but you're slow," said our defensive coordinator. He rarely, if ever, had anything good to say about us. Always looking for flaws, even after we had shut out a district opponent and held them to less than 60 yards total offense. We could have been excused if we expressed disdain for him. What a mean person!!! We loved him! He made us better, as a unit, than we were based on our talent/athletic ability.

You get the point.

Trump did so much for this country, for we average Americans. I couldn't care less if he called me names, said I was fat....Hey, I want a second opinion. Okay, he'd add, you're ugly too! Here's the real point. Only his enemies and the enemies of America and Americans have an issue with him personally. And they have to make it personal because he kicks their ass on the issues. And then, some of our more thin-skinned folks get bent out of shape over a mean Tweet. Good Lord, grow a spine! Joe Biden bumbles around making gaffes, but he hasn't made any mean Tweets (that I know of), and so...how has that worked out for America and Americans?

I'll take the "sophomoric personal attacks" thankyaverymuch.

+ Reply to Thread