+ Reply to Thread

Thread: High School Signing Day - DMN - Lack of Tech signees from DFW area

Bulldog jycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the earsjycww seems to have something between the ears

High School Signing Day - DMN - Lack of Tech signees from DFW area

Was looking in the sports pages of Dallas Morning News (DMN) this morning. It showed the High School Signing Day participants from all the area schools. Sports covered included Mens and Women's Basketball, Volleyball, Baseball, Softball, Mens and Women's Soccer, Cross Country, Golf, Tennis, etc.

In looking through all the names, I was really surprised to see only 2 names in the area going to La. Tech. Ayen Angoi signed with Women's Basketball and Jailen Hurley signed with volleyball. That was it.

After I graduated, I spent my career in Houston, and I always assumed Houston athletes didn't sign with Tech because of the distance. (Any time I told people I went to Tech, they assumed Texas Tech). However, being in the Dallas area now, I assumed we would heavily recruit this area due to the many outstanding athletes. Either we did (and weren't successful) or for some reason, we aren't tapping into this resource.

Was just curious if this would be considered a down year or if this has always been the trend...... Have been very impressed with the high school athletes in this area, so just assumed we were tapping into this market.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: High School Signing Day - DMN - Lack of Tech signees from DFW area

I counted 25 players from Texas on LA Tech's 2021 football roster, and 6 of our 14 men's basketball players hail from Texas. The numbers seem kind of normal to me.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Re: High School Signing Day - DMN - Lack of Tech signees from DFW area

Signed Brian “B B” Knight from Katy in basketball. Our only other verbal is Jesiah McWright from Houston; not sure why paperwork hasn’t been announced yet.

If everything holds pat, we will start next year with 8 of 13 scholarship players being from Texas.

It appears the Texas thing is still valid for roundball.

+ Reply to Thread