+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: LA Tech Hosts Charlotte at Joe Aillet Stadium Saturday - latechsports.com

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: LA Tech Hosts Charlotte at Joe Aillet Stadium Saturday - latechsports.com

If ULM wins one of its remaining two at Baton Rouge and at Lafayette, the c-hawks would be 5-7 and ahead of Tech on the most recently published APR 966 to 964. ULM won't be turning down a bid, especially with the SBC likely to have only 4 teams qualify.

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    This.

And if he were to somehow pull off the win to get to 6-7 ... all of this year's shortcomings would be forgiven by our decision-makers.
    They are all so easily pleased, what gives, just plain mediocrity? These major donors are all winners too, they did not become wealthy by not being, so why do you not want to see your beneficiaries win?

Yea, there is no way Tech turns down a bowl bid if we are at five wins, will probably publicly humiliate themselves (us) and politic for it.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by BhadDawg View Post
    They are all so easily pleased, what gives, just plain mediocrity? These major donors are all winners too, they did not become wealthy by not being, so why do you not want to see your beneficiaries win?

Yea, there is no way Tech turns down a bowl bid if we are at five wins, will probably publicly humiliate themselves (us) and politic for it.
    Nothing to politic for if the APR list is what they go by. Teams are asked in order based strictly on the numbers.

Using the Sagarin Predictor results for the rest of the regular season, 78 teams would finish at 6-6 or better to leave 4 spots available. Tech is currently 6th in the APR order of teams predicted to finish 5-7. USC at 4-5 is one of the 5 predicted 5-7 teams above Tech, but the Pac 12 has a rule not allowing 5-7 teams to play in a bowl game. That would make Tech 1st team out unless one of the other four decline.

These numbers may (and likely will) completely change again by next week. But this isn't even an issue without two wins.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    I'll bet you my next paycheck they wouldn't. All about keeping Skippers bowl streak alive.
    I couldn't take that bet because I believe you are correct, but, surely they are smarter than that- I hope.lol

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Thank you. Well, this really sucks. THIS is what’s wrong with LA Tech University. No matter how hard you try, Tech makes it impossible for a family in north Louisiana to sit down and watch the game together. You can’t build a fan base like that.

And some folks wonder why Tech wasn’t invited to the AAC?
    Keep a couple of things in mind.

If we were in the Sun Belt or AAC the game would have been streaming only on ESPN+, which is a subscription streaming service that charges $6 a month.

If a family wanted to watch the game from home all they had to do was have a Roku and the ability to change inputs on the TV. They could have watched on Stadium's Roku channel for free. In addition, Stadium had announcers at the game, which doesn't always happen on the ESPN networks.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    Keep a couple of things in mind.

If we were in the Sun Belt or AAC the game would have been streaming only on ESPN+, which is a subscription streaming service that charges $6 a month.

If a family wanted to watch the game from home all they had to do was have a Roku and the ability to change inputs on the TV. They could have watched on Stadium's Roku channel for free. In addition, Stadium had announcers at the game, which doesn't always happen on the ESPN networks.
    I know your intentions were well intended. Personally, I've been a subscriber to ESPN+ for at least the last 7 or 8 years, and I still am. I figure I watched approximately 30 football, men's basketball and baseball games on ESPN+ last year alone. No doubt, it's a great deal. I'm also very friendly with Roku and other high tech means to watch a game.

But most people in their mid 80's want to just turn the TV on and see the game. They don't want to screw with Smart TV's, WiFi, Roku, ESPN streaming, and all the rest. In fact, their TV is not even a "smart" TV. And frankly, since we're talking about folks living in north Louisiana --home of some of the poorest areas in the United States-- I'm guessing many other potential game watchers in north Louisiana feel the same way. You ought to know that. LA Tech should know that. But, Rule #1 is, know your customers, and how to get the product to your customers.

And some people seriously wonder why LA Tech is losing customers to apathy.

Champ Lotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant future

I know you mean well. I've been a subscriber to ESPN+ for at least the last 7 or 8 years, and I still am. I figure I watched approximately 30 football, men's basketball and baseball games on ESPN+ last year alone. No doubt, it's a great deal. I'm also very friendly with Roku and other high teach means to watch a game.

But most people in their mid 80's want to just turn the TV on and see the game. They don't want to screw with WiFi, Roku, ESPN streaming, and all the rest. In fact, their TV is not even a "smart" TV. And frankly, since we're talking about folks in north Louisiana --home of some of the poorest areas in the United States-- I'm guessing many other potential game watchers in north Louisiana feel the same way. You ought to know that. LA Tech should know that. Rule #1, know how to get the product to your customers.

And some people seriously wonder why Tech is losing customers to apathy.
    And the Stadium programing sucks

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

I’ll only watch Tech football if I don’t have to pay for it. I’ve already wasted my last dollar on Holtz, not a penny more! I’ve invested 40+ years, so through the good, not so good and some bad, I’ve had my fill of reoccurring underachieving.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    I’ll only watch Tech football if I don’t have to pay for it. I’ve already wasted my last dollar on Holtz, not a penny more! I’ve invested 40+ years, so through the good, not so good and some bad, I’ve had my fill of reoccurring underachieving.
    And you have the privilege of living in Ruston? Give me a break!!!

I know your intentions were well intended. Personally, I've been a subscriber to ESPN+ for at least the last 7 or 8 years, and I still am. I figure I watched approximately 30 football, men's basketball and baseball games on ESPN+ last year alone. No doubt, it's a great deal. I'm also very friendly with Roku and other high tech means to watch a game.

But most people in their mid 80's want to just turn the TV on and see the game. They don't want to screw with Smart TV's, WiFi, Roku, ESPN streaming, and all the rest. In fact, their TV is not even a "smart" TV. And frankly, since we're talking about folks living in north Louisiana --home of some of the poorest areas in the United States-- I'm guessing many other potential game watchers in north Louisiana feel the same way. You ought to know that. LA Tech should know that. But, Rule #1 is, know your customers, and how to get the product to your customers.

At least two of Tech's three Stadium games this year have been carried on a over-the-air channel in the Monroe-Ruston market. Don't know if these games were picked up in the Shreveport market.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

I understand your point, but we're tied to a conference TV contract.

From here on out a certain number of our games each year will be on streaming platforms, whether we're in CUSA, the Sun Belt, or the AAC.

And by 2023 we're almost certainly headed for at least a handful Tuesday/Wednesday games each year if we're still in CUSA.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    If ULM wins one of its remaining two at Baton Rouge and at Lafayette, the c-hawks would be 5-7 and ahead of Tech on the most recently published APR 966 to 964. ULM won't be turning down a bid, especially with the SBC likely to have only 4 teams qualify.
    ulm blew it by losing back to back to the lowlifes Texas State and Arkansas State (that would be the 1-8 Arkie State...). They could be sitting at 6-4 right now...but ain't. I doubt they'll beat either Lafayette or Baton Rouge, either would be a huge upset.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lotsudo View Post
    It's okay. Better than nothing.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lotsudo View Post
    Gotta love watching the same commercial 3-4 times in a row.

Field always looks a little weird, too. But it's easier for me to watch a Stadium game than just about anywhere else, so I'll take it.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    Gotta love watching the same commercial 3-4 times in a row.

Field always looks a little weird, too. But it's easier for me to watch a Stadium game than just about anywhere else, so I'll take it.
    I don't mind Stadium. I know I'll always be able to easily pull up a Stadium game. Heck, the ESPN app is about the buggiest piece of crap I've ever seen.

+ Reply to Thread