+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: LA Tech Hosts Charlotte at Joe Aillet Stadium Saturday - latechsports.com

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Re: LA Tech Hosts Charlotte at Joe Aillet Stadium Saturday - latechsports.com

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    At least two of Tech's three Stadium games this year have been carried on a over-the-air channel in the Monroe-Ruston market. Don't know if these games were picked up in the Shreveport market.
    As far as I saw, they weren't picked up in Shreveport.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

FWIW -- you can get Stadium OTA in LR / Central Ark. (Channel 30.3, I think.)

Stadium is also included with YouTube TV's sports package (addl $10/mon).

I always want Tech games to have a higher profile, of course -- but mark me down as one of those who has no beef with Stadium. (And if there were any year to be relegated to a lesser known network, I'm not disappointed it's this one.)

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    I don't mind Stadium. I know I'll always be able to easily pull up a Stadium game. Heck, the ESPN app is about the buggiest piece of crap I've ever seen.
    The Stadium are much easier to watch, most times having commentators actually at the game. I do subscribe to ESPN+ and a couple others just to watch games, I truly dread trying to watch a game on ESPN, no matter what your IP speed is, that is one buggy service to try and watch.

Maybe Tech has taken this ELITE thing too far, some fans may feel a little left out, especially those who are not alumni nor graduates. I agree with HD, you have to go after more market, make games easy to watch on TV, games that are easy and affordable to attend. Take these markets over that we have ignored since TMAC came, maybe we were just being too ELITE!

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by BhadDawg View Post
    The Stadium are much easier to watch, most times having commentators actually at the game. I do subscribe to ESPN+ and a couple others just to watch games, I truly dread trying to watch a game on ESPN, no matter what your IP speed is, that is one buggy service to try and watch.

Maybe Tech has taken this ELITE thing too far, some fans may feel a little left out, especially those who are not alumni nor graduates. I agree with HD, you have to go after more market, make games easy to watch on TV, games that are easy and affordable to attend. Take these markets over that we have ignored since TMAC came, maybe we were just being too ELITE!
    Our games in 2020 on Stadium were on the 21 Fox regional sports networks owned by Sinclair and the Yes Network in New York. It amounted to nationally televised games on basic cable. That apparently changed when there were changes at the networks and with Sinclair.

Still, the production is as good or better than the ESPN+ games we've had in the past few years with Lyn Rollins.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    Our games in 2020 on Stadium were on the 21 Fox regional sports networks owned by Sinclair and the Yes Network in New York. It amounted to nationally televised games on basic cable. That apparently changed when there were changes at the networks and with Sinclair.

Still, the production is as good or better than the ESPN+ games we've had in the past few years with Lyn Rollins.
    I enjoy listening to Lyn Rollins and I don't care who knows

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    And you have the privilege of living in Ruston? Give me a break!!!
    Are you exiled out of state or something, maybe in Angola? What’s your point?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    I enjoy listening to Lyn Rollins and I don't care who knows
    I've known and worked with Lyn Rollins for 25 years...actually first time was 1993 so that is 28 years. He did some voice-overs for us when I was in the video production business. There are still two videos, produced in the '90's, in distribution. The residuals on those have been awesome!

As for Rollins the sportscaster, he does go overboard on his use of colorful metaphors, but it is his signature style.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    I couldn't take that bet because I believe you are correct, but, surely they are smarter than that- I hope.lol
    They don't care about Skippy's bowl streak. But they would care about the $$$ that would be received from the bid.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    They don't care about Skippy's bowl streak. But they would care about the $$$ that would be received from the bid.
    Skip is big buddies with all the big wigs in Ruston. They care about anything that makes him look better.

+ Reply to Thread