+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: USM game Friday

Varsity Bulldog Exes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really niceExes&Ohs is just really nice

USM game Friday

It is not a convenient time but we need everyone who can to show up for the USM game. I was thinking about this one and it could be their last visit to our house in a long time. Next scheduled game is at their place and then who knows what scheduling will look like after that.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: USM game Friday

Quote Originally Posted by Exes&Ohs View Post
    It is not a convenient time but we need everyone who can to show up for the USM game. I was thinking about this one and it could be their last visit to our house in a long time. Next scheduled game is at their place and then who knows what scheduling will look like after that.
    The mere fact that yours is the very first post related to this game at all this week --and it's already the day before game day against our biggest rival-- tells you exactly where the fan base's head is. How the Tech leadership can IGNORE the apathy that has set in is shocking.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Exes&Ohs View Post
    Are we supposed to care because it’s USM? You already know less than 5k will show up. That’s being generous.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Are we supposed to care because it’s USM? You already know less than 5k will show up. That’s being generous.
    Doesn't help that they are 1-9 either.

Meaningless game against a poor opponent. That's what builds excitement!

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

The only way to make your voice heard and effect change is to NOT show up. Let there be a totally empty stadium.

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow View Post
    Doesn't help that they are 1-9 either.

Meaningless game against a poor opponent. That's what builds excitement!
    No Tech game is "meaningless" to me. And in 2018 a WKU team that started 1-9 came in here, jumped out to a 23-0 lead, and whipped our butts. USM will play hard and is capable of winning. It won't be meaningless to them!! We need all the fans we can get, and the team ought to be motivated to get a win for themselves and over USM.

I'm bundling up and going! Go Bulldogs!

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Russdawg View Post
    No Tech game is "meaningless" to me. And in 2018 a WKU team that started 1-9 came in here, jumped out to a 23-0 lead, and whipped our butts. USM will play hard and is capable of winning. It won't be meaningless to them!! We need all the fans we can get, and the team ought to be motivated to get a win for themselves and over USM.

I'm bundling up and going! Go Bulldogs!
    If I lived along the I20 corridor I would probably agree with you.

I do agree with the part saying USM is capable of winning the game, and that no game is meaningless to the players. I doubt we will see a good chunk of USM fans making the trip, however.

Varsity Bulldog aggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud ofaggiedawg has much to be proud of aggiedawg's Avatar

Ruston High is hosting Benton at the same time right across the street. I fully expect the high school playoff crowd to outnumber the Tech crowd.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by aggiedawg View Post
    Ruston High is hosting Benton at the same time right across the street. I fully expect the high school playoff crowd to outnumber the Tech crowd.
    That's a given.

The question is by how many times will the Ruston High crowd outnumber the Tech crowd.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

First playoff game at Ruston was not well attended from what I heard. Not sure about this week’s expectations. I do feel like Ruston will outscore Tech by 2 TD’s.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

I am not giving them money for something I think is being run poorly. Nor will I make a 8+ hour round trip for the product on the field, by either team. I will watch them from the comfort of my couch, and pull for the Dogs. Until something changes there are no more dollars going to football.

Bulldog Tech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the roughTech79 is a jewel in the rough Tech79's Avatar

I just "love" the consistent theme on this message board. "I'm not giving any more money to football!!!". I guess all the geniuses here think that strangling the goose will produce a bounty of golden eggs. But, you go ahead and do whatever makes you feel good. I'll be bundled up and supporting our boys.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Enjoy the game and I mean that sincerely!

I don't think it is going to produce better results. What I do know is a a teacher of 21 years in public schools, that I am not going to waste my disposable income on a product that is not worth what the provider is charging. I actual give to academics and so Tech may get a little more on than side and the charities I support like St. Jude and Mission 22 will definitely be getting a little more of what Tech athletics used to get.

Just because I don't pay for ticket to the game doesn't mean I don't support our boys. If you equate a ticket price = loyalty go right ahead. That seems to the the current model being applied to baseball as well.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Back to actual game items for Friday night...

Southern Miss depth chart has no QB position listed again this week. 5 OL positions, 3 WR positions, TE, SB, RB, and FB. Looks like the RB spot (Frank Gore starting) will be taking direct snaps again.

It seems they have been as unsettled or even worse at QB than we have recently. It all part of the mustard buzzard strategy.... can't just prepare for one specific QB, if they don't have one

+ Reply to Thread