+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: USM game Friday

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Re: USM game Friday

They will always want to play us. No matter how bad their team is, they can always find a W with us.

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

I am afraid it runs deeper than that, apparently the slow methodical decline HCSH has led the program on has fostered a lot of acceptance of mediocrity. I think some of the big money people have just gotten used to it, this is what they expect for their money now. Small crowds and UN-enthused visitors to Ruston is what the local Hotels, restaurants, and other business have come to expect on game day.

I guess we are the proverbial snowball rolling downhill headed straight for hell right now and everyone is just waiting for it to get there.

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eagle2180 View Post
    So, you really want to see the Qb that is currently 4th on the depth chart?
    Worked out pretty good with Tyler Grubbs (i.e., playing someone who was 4th on the depth chart). USM played a RB at QB and did pretty good. If Holtz is a bad judge of talent, Holstein may be a superstar just waiting to break out.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

The best QB on the field last night, was not even a QB, LOL!

PATHETIC!

As for our lousy defense, I can see why they were confused all night and got gouged. USM had one guy in the backfield (so everyone knew who was getting the ball) and! and this was the key, sometimes USM went to right and sometimes to the left, OMG! such sophistication. Little wonder our guys were in daze. I mean right or left. Too much to think about as a defender!

PATHETIC!

Rice will slaughter this pathetic bunch of losers.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg Fan View Post
    Worked out pretty good with Tyler Grubbs (i.e., playing someone who was 4th on the depth chart). USM played a RB at QB and did pretty good. If Holtz is a bad judge of talent, Holstein may be a superstar just waiting to break out.
    This wouldn’t surprise me one bit. There have been several players over the years under Holtz’s failed oversight who have proven themselves our better players when they managed to get a lucky chance to shine. Holtz really doesn’t do anything right or well.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

For those lingering Holtz enthusiasts and backers, it’s time to finally pull the plug and cut the cord. I don’t care how much you enjoy beating Holtz at golf or whatever else he loses at to amuse you. His losing last night was an epic embarrassment on a national scale to Tech, Ruston, and Louisiana. There is no way he can remain and Tech have any hope of not soon becoming the absolute worst team at our level. We’re already within easy reach of the cellar bottom. We might even be there being that Holtz has clearly proved he can lose to anyone. Everything about his coaching and leadership is loser level.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    There is no way he can remain and Tech have any hope of not soon becoming the absolute worst team at our level. We’re already within easy reach of the cellar bottom.
    We have the third worst record in the worst conference in the nation. That's pretty bad.

The basketball team also played a vastly inferior team last night and easily took care of business. The football team played a vastly inferior team last night and was destroyed.

Big Dog Rama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant future Rama Jama's Avatar

Ha. I’m so disengaged that I checked in Saturday morning to see what time the USM game was today and see that Skip already lost to them Friday night. LOL.

Guess I can tunein to the radio show Monday night to hear him dominate the conversation with speech usually reserved to con artists and to watch the hosts avoid ANY question that would address the obvious issues.

It’s like the BBB Posse are the only family members “that get it” and the rest of family enable and are otherwise in denial that a coaching intervention needs to take place.

Didn’t I read that Skip gets a raise to $850,000 this year? What a life!

Big Dog Rama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant future Rama Jama's Avatar

This is the real Allen. Last game was a fluke. It wouldn’t matter though, Holtz’s strategy for this game was all wrong like we all figured it would be.
    Remember Holtz had a full week to transfer to Allen all of his fear and confusion. Instead of a decisive field leader, Coach shaped him into a hesitant, confidence lacking, confused player.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Coaching contracts need to change. I mean everywhere. No way should a crappy coach be rewarded for being crappy. Contracts can be for multiple years but both sides need an out. For the school it might be, any season with fewer than 6 wins gives the school the option to terminate the contract with NO monetary obligation.

In rental agreements the landlord reserves the right to boot the tenants for failure to pay rent or for damage to the property. So, the renters have only to pay their rent and not tear the place up and they are good for the duration of the lease. Simple.

Well, a coach has only not to have a losing season....or! it might be over a two-period, such as less than 11 wins in consecutive years, combined, gives the school the option to sever the contract. Of course, coaches can negotiate on the other end, such as a $XXXX bonus for 11+ wins in a season, or a bonus for a conference title, a Top 20 ranking, etc...

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Coaching contracts need to change. I mean everywhere. No way should a crappy coach be rewarded for being crappy. Contracts can be for multiple years but both sides need an out. For the school it might be, any season with fewer than 6 wins gives the school the option to terminate the contract with NO monetary obligation.

In rental agreements the landlord reserves the right to boot the tenants for failure to pay rent or for damage to the property. So, the renters have only to pay their rent and not tear the place up and they are good for the duration of the lease. Simple.

Well, a coach has only not to have a losing season....or! it might be over a two-period, such as less than 11 wins in consecutive years, combined, gives the school the option to sever the contract. Of course, coaches can negotiate on the other end, such as a $XXXX bonus for 11+ wins in a season, or a bonus for a conference title, a Top 20 ranking, etc...
    Not many coaches would agree to those terms.

I'd say if any contract provides for an automatic extension for say 8 wins, any season after the first year of the contract with less than 5 wins automatically reduces the terms of the buyout by a year. I would also add in that any terms of the contract reduced for under 5 wins would be restored by winning a conference (not division) championship. Under this plan, a coach with a 5-year contract who goes 5-7, 4-8, and 4-8 could be terminated with no buyout.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

For those lingering Holtz enthusiasts and backers, it’s time to finally pull the plug and cut the cord. I don’t care how much you enjoy beating Holtz at golf or whatever else he loses at to amuse you. His losing last night was an epic embarrassment on a national scale to Tech, Ruston, and Louisiana. There is no way he can remain and Tech have any hope of not soon becoming the absolute worst team at our level. We’re already within easy reach of the cellar bottom. We might even be there being that Holtz has clearly proved he can lose to anyone. Everything about his coaching and leadership is loser level.
    If he had any fans, they could be counted quickly last night. There were no fans in the stands. That should give some indication of his support.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

There wasn’t 2K there at any time last night.

Champ CaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really niceCaseyDawg is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    The only reason Russdawg wore pants to the freezing cold Fresno Thursday night game years ago was because he didn't want to look stupid! His words.

Football vs Fresno State on 12/5/2002 - Box Score - LA Tech Athletics (latechsports.com)

8pm G
    ametime Temp: 35 degrees / probably dropped into the 20s during the game.
    Russdawg did wear pants!

The only reason we looked stupid yesterday was our believe that Skip could beat a team that did not have a QB on the roster. That and when I completely lost it and embarrassed myself when Skip decided to kick a field goal in the fourth quarter. Nine years into this experiment and at 3-7 on the year Skip is still trying to back into wins.

I am glad I went and enjoyed cheering the bulldogs but they will be fewer and farther between as long as Skip remains the coach. To attend yesterday’s game a traveling fan took a day of annual leave; spent $350+ on lodging, food, and gas; and spent half of Saturday traveling. We have better things to do with our money and time.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyDawg View Post
    I am glad I went and enjoyed cheering the bulldogs but they will be fewer and farther between as long as Skip remains the coach. To attend yesterday’s game a traveling fan took a day of annual leave; spent $350+ on lodging, food, and gas; and spent half of Saturday traveling. We have better things to do with our money and time.
    This is what is happening. Our market is shrinking, not expanding.

I love my Alma Mater, but it's hard to justify the opportunity cost of doing something else (time and money) when the product on the field is not fun to watch and the pregame activities have been deflated.

If I lived in Ruston or nearby I would probably still be buying tickets and attending, but given the size of Ruston that represents a small percentage of the potential fan base.

+ Reply to Thread