+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: @LATechSports Announces North Endzone Facility Plan

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: @LATechSports Announces North Endzone Facility Plan

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Been here for 10 years...never felt in danger. We have a problem because we pay our cops way too little and, as a result, the good ones take off at the first opportunity. That said, the Amazon distribution center is supposed to bring 1,000 jobs and I'm sure there will be supplemental work that comes from that too.

This is a fickle sports town, but I think the basketball game against LSU coming up is a the type of thing we need to do. Maybe play some big names at Indy every other year or so. I don't know how to crack the egg, but I assume EW has some thoughts.
    Fair enough. I probably see way too much of the bad stuff in my newsfeed everyday from KTBS and KSLA. I agree with you on the upcoming basketball game.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    Fair enough. I probably see way too much of the bad stuff in my newsfeed everyday from KTBS and KSLA. I agree with you on the upcoming basketball game.
    If it bleeds it ledes!

If I was reading about Shreveport, but didn't know it, I certainly wouldn't recognize it. My kids are in exceptional public schools. There's a vibrant art/music community here. Plenty of economic opportunity for creative businessmen too. Sure, it has a lot of faults, but it ain't all bad.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Been here for 10 years...never felt in danger. We have a problem because we pay our cops way too little and, as a result, the good ones take off at the first opportunity. That said, the Amazon distribution center is supposed to bring 1,000 jobs and I'm sure there will be supplemental work that comes from that too.

This is a fickle sports town, but I think the basketball game against LSU coming up is a the type of thing we need to do. Maybe play some big names at Indy every other year or so. I don't know how to crack the egg, but I assume EW has some thoughts.
    Id love to see us work out a Arkansas, A&M, or even Oklahoma State in Shreveport. I want home games at the Joe but this kind of game (particularly Arkansas) can draw a crowd.

Champ roughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to behold roughedge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    Id love to see us work out a Arkansas, A&M, or even Oklahoma State in Shreveport. I want home games at the Joe but this kind of game (particularly Arkansas) can draw a crowd.
    Add Air Force to that and bring back all the USAF generals who graduated from Tech. Combine the old state fair weekend festivities with a real military appreciation game with flyovers, exhibits, etc.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Add Air Force to that and bring back all the USAF generals who graduated from Tech. Combine the old state fair weekend festivities with a real military appreciation game with flyovers, exhibits, etc.
    Agree with both of these. I think Arkansas and A&M would draw the largest crowd.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

You don't invest over $70 million in on campus facilities to move any games to Shreveport

Period...

Shreveport needs to be enticed to come to Ruston
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    You don't invest over $70 million in on campus facilities to move any games to Shreveport

Period...

Shreveport needs to be enticed to come to Ruston
    Agreed.

There is no need to schedule any game in Shreveport unless you have a crowd guaranteed to be in excess of 35K. Under that you keep the game in Ruston.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    Agreed.

There is no need to schedule any game in Shreveport unless you have a crowd guaranteed to be in excess of 35K. Under that you keep the game in Ruston.
    The "new" Joe will only seat about 25K when reconstructed.

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    That will be a legitimate concern....when we start filling it.

Seems like Shreveport had never been, well lets say appreciative, of TECH bringing people to town for them, or at least it seems that way.

A full Joe will look good on TV.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    Agreed.

Which would be A&M and Arkansas.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

I know we pulled it off in 2012, but neither school travels much. They already both give up a home game for the neutral site thing in Arlington. Obviously you do it if you can, but those SEC schools with huge stadiums just simply don't do away games OOC unless it's a really big name or a neutral site early game on prime time tv.

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    I know we pulled it off in 2012, but neither school travels much. They already both give up a home game for the neutral site thing in Arlington. Obviously you do it if you can, but those SEC schools with huge stadiums just simply don't do away games OOC unless it's a really big name or a neutral site early game on prime time tv.
    They’d pull if they are winning. And as of now they are winning. They came for Baseball, Itd be worth trying to get them in both Basketball and Football.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Bring back Ok State!

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    My point still holds. You don't put a game in Shreveport that isn't going to draw at least a legit 35K. Under that and the game might not generate SRO in Ruston even with reduced capacity.

Only maybe Arkansas now. And even that might take a 2-for-1 deal with the one in Shreveport.

Economics have changed for Texas A&M with the Kyle Field expansion.

+ Reply to Thread