+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: @LATechSports Announces North Endzone Facility Plan

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: @LATechSports Announces North Endzone Facility Plan

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I attended a playoff game Friday night between Lovejoy and Burleson High School at Prosper High School's new Prosper ISD Football Stadium. Wow! It has the largest video board of any high school in the state of Texas. I swear I think it has a larger video board than most FBS colleges have in Texas.

https://youtu.be/_2kxM7p7GY4

BTW, Prosper is just a small country town of 22K residents north of Frisco that's squeezed between Celina and Frisco in Collin County. This is a $53 million stadium for a town that currently has ONE (1) Senior High school in the entire school District. I know there's nothing wrong with "planning ahead", but dang, the money these school districts are throwing at these high school football stadiums is insane. The new Stadiums in McKinney, Allen and now Prosper ISD represent a combined $173M in stadium construction costs, all within a 19-mile radius.
    I suppose I'm the only one, at least on this board, that finds spending that kind of money on any sports' facilities not only ridiculous, but criminal. Well, not literally "criminal," but you know what I mean.

1974 4A (which was the highest class at the time) we played a state quarterfinal playoff game at Hahnville. Their home field was just that, a field, with goalposts and some bleachers. Expecting a huge crowd they rented some additional bleachers and the entire field was lined, including the two EZs with portable bleachers. It was packed, it was actually a standing-room-only crowd. You should have seen the so-called locker room they gave us to use....whoa! We won and after the game they had turned off the lights in the visitors' locker room and no one seemed to know how to turn them on again.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

No. I was told about this project --as well as the new (and still unannounced) Indoor Practice Facility (IPF)-- during the week of Sept 21st, the week AFTER we lost the SMU game. But, I was told about these projects by people who know people, who know what's going on. Nobody in Tech's athletic administration has told me anything directly or indirectly. That's just the Louisiana Tech way. And it really, really sucks.

Think I'm kidding? Just watch. You'll eventually --in the next few weeks-- see another announcement, this time about the new Indoor Practice Facility (IPF). And once again, LA Tech didn't announce this project during the AAC's realignment reviews, so we'll get NO LEVERAGE from the announcement. .
    yes no leverage.

BUT, I’m sorry you missed the AD radio interview Sept. 4 on the Miss.State game broadcast. He mentioned members of his staff touring IPF facilities at Harding University (Best in D2…among best overall in the country) and Ark. State. Included in the tour group was the current architect of record.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    The north board (since the stadium runs NNW to SSE) would be for the west side. The northwest board would be for the east side. Exact same setup that LSU has. Makes much more sense than one board in the center of the NNW end aimed straight at the DAC. Viewing angles would be improved by about 20% on both sides of the stadium.
    For afternoon games which alignment will put them in the shade for better clarity … when they’re being used 10 years later?
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    yes no leverage.

BUT, I’m sorry you missed the AD radio interview Sept. 4 on the Miss.State game broadcast. He mentioned members of his staff touring IPF facilities at Harding University (Best in D2…among best overall in the country) and Ark. State. Included in the tour group was the current architect of record.
    And they found a correlation between practice barns and winning at the Divison 2 level?

That's the plan right? Turn us into a top notch D2 program? That's also why Skip is still here, yes?

Louisiana Tech, your 2030 Great American Conference runners up! Go Dawgs!

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

No. I was told about this project --as well as the new (and still unannounced) Indoor Practice Facility (IPF)-- during the week of Sept 21st, the week AFTER we lost the SMU game. But, I was told about these projects by people who know people, who know what's going on. Nobody in Tech's athletic administration has told me anything directly or indirectly. That's just the Louisiana Tech way. And it really, really sucks.

Think I'm kidding? Just watch. You'll eventually --in the next few weeks-- see another announcement, this time about the new Indoor Practice Facility (IPF). And once again, LA Tech didn't announce this project during the AAC's realignment reviews, so we'll get NO LEVERAGE from the announcement. BTW, the last I heard, a big portion of the IPF is being paid for by Terry Bradshaw. Of course, since the program has turned into a dumpster fire since that time, Bradshaw make have backed out for all I know.
    HD, just an FYI. They've been raising money for this project since 2018 or earlier. It was put on hold by the tornado.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

It is an eyesore. If they build it with this design it'll be the butt of jokes for the next few decades.

An older alum sent me a text last night. It read: "Horrible. Reminds me of the US ambassador's residence in Saigon. If we have another season like this and Skip and his staff need to make a quick getaway they could land a helicopter on the roof."

I had to look it up.

https://latechsports.com/images/2021...h_End_Zone.jpg

https://www.bing.com/images/search?v...t=0&ajaxserp=0

Champ Dowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond repute Dowty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    HD, just an FYI. They've been raising money for this project since 2018 or earlier. It was put on hold by the tornado.
    It was also alluded to in Guice's press release last month, not that it would've moved the needle much, if it all, if it had been announced over the summer.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    Nope, Nope, Nope! I hardly ever agree with Camp967, but he is spot on! A total waste of money, time and space. Most importantly space! This thing gets built there, and there goes any future chance of bowling in the stadium and making it possible to travel from side to side. Aesthetically it stinks, as well, IMO. Please, no more Frank Lloyd Wright! As many have stated, why in the hell do we need two jumbotrons in the same end zone? Piss Poor thinking, IMO.
    I don't think it is horrible. I would rather have seating on both sides of it or a "beer garden platform that connect both sides on each side, though. What I would REALLY like is for them to enclose the underbelly of the stadium as you drive up to it. THAT would be the best use of the money... That and up-lighting the TAC like they light up the outside of the Superdome with light shows.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Prosper has two Senior High’s currently. Prosper HS and Prosper Rockhill High. They are building a third one right now as well.

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by DallasDog View Post
    Prosper has two Senior High’s currently. Prosper HS and Prosper Rockhill High. They are building a third one right now as well.
    Don’t correct HD’s narrative with factual information.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eagle2180 View Post
    Don’t correct HD’s narrative with factual information.

Varsity Bulldog Bayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to allBayou Dawg is a name known to all Bayou Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I don't think it is horrible. I would rather have seating on both sides of it or a "beer garden platform that connect both sides on each side, though.
    New student section seating?

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bayou Dawg View Post
    New student section seating?
    At the rate we are going, the student section would just need 10 seats.

Champ beaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebeaux66 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

I have to disagree. Both EZ buildings have a Frank Lloyd Wright feel and that architect is timeless. Those buildings will always be in fashion. But I do agree that the end zone building needs seating to at least bring us back to 25k

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beaux66 View Post
    I have to disagree. Both EZ buildings have a Frank Lloyd Wright feel and that architect is timeless. Those buildings will always be in fashion. But I do agree that the end zone building needs seating to at least bring us back to 25k
    The ghost of FLW just projectile vomited, exorcist-style.

+ Reply to Thread