+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: For Those Ready for Change

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: For Those Ready for Change

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    Assuming we have a good hire under our belt, we really gotta attract them to the first game. Hopefully he can hook them then and make the rest of the games easier to attract.

Look at some big giveaways for the first game. We know of a guy who owns car/atv dealerships. Have some specifically for students only, like tuition discount prizes. Meal plan prizes. Housing prizes, voucher for upgrading to a newer dorm/apartment for a year or something. And maybe a concert. Make this feel like we are refreshing the approach to gameday. Remove time constraints for tailgating.
    So you got nothing...

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Stop feeding the troll...that stupidmel is an ulm fan or something. Yes, 4-8 is new heights for the chickenhawks and they are all giddy about it. But, just do not respond to the moron.
    Yep, you’re right.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    So you got nothing...
    Thats what itll take. Giveaways will draw them in. While there we gotta give them an experience.

No matter who we hire, the students aren’t going to come just to see him coach his first game just because he’s new.

Now, checking our schedule, @ Baylor is our first game. Biggest thing to boost our home opener would be to win that. But I certainly don’t expect our new coach to win that game.

Varsity Bulldog jharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    Because its not “the Dark Ages.” You and others are being nonsensical with this wording.

From outsider perspective it was 1 bad season. This is why some of the fans are cautious about the fire. This is why on reddit, facebook, twitter, and pretty much any other forum that isnt here where much of the same sentiment is circulated- you still have some people think its a bad move or at least bad timing for this move. Some people simply think Tech overreacted.

One thing is clear, Its not a good 3 year trajectory. Wood said as much. But Tech is not going to be damaged by one bad season. Stop acting like we’ve had a sub-3 win total for 10 years. This is nothing.
    Tech52 is right.

So I assume everyone on the gofundme is ponying up the $4190 to offset the university's $3M buyout, right? Ever loyal be, right?

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jharris View Post

So I assume everyone on the gofundme is ponying up the $4190 to offset the university's $3M buyout, right? Ever loyal be, right?
    Only those that supported the constant contract extensions with the buyouts need to do that. From what I've read on this board, there won't be much ponying going on.

Varsity Bulldog jharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the roughjharris is a jewel in the rough

The gofundme sure sounds like a contract to me, but I suppose the university knows the posters here are full of shit.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by jharris View Post
    The gofundme sure sounds like a contract to me, but I suppose the university knows the posters here are full of shit.
    That $4K would put the remaining total under $3M that the Foundation is on the hook for.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Stop feeding the troll...that stupidmel is an ulm fan or something. Yes, 4-8 is new heights for the chickenhawks and they are all giddy about it. But, just do not respond to the moron.
    Its probably unprofessional Tim Brando.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    TimmyB has gone a little (no, make that a LOT) overboard with some of his comments. If he wants to play athletic administrator, he should probably watch a few games other than just the one he calls each week.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    TimmyB has gone a little (no, make that a LOT) overboard with some of his comments. If he wants to play athletic administrator, he should probably watch a few games other than just the one he calls each week.
    Y'all back off Timmy B. we are related. I see him once or twice a year at family reunions (we can't always make both reunions), and I will have a talk with him about his comments. He's more interested in the Big 12 or Big 10 whichever he's calling these days, anyway. And he has a flaw...he went to NLU. Which as a family member I am willing to set aside, for the sake of family unity.

Bulldog veerbone has turned a few heads around hereveerbone has turned a few heads around hereveerbone has turned a few heads around hereveerbone has turned a few heads around hereveerbone has turned a few heads around here veerbone's Avatar

LaTech Re: For Those Ready for Change

Y'all back off Timmy B. we are related. I see him once or twice a year at family reunions (we can't always make both reunions), and I will have a talk with him about his comments. He's more interested in the Big 12 or Big 10 whichever he's calling these days, anyway. And he has a flaw...he went to NLU. Which as a family member I am willing to set aside, for the sake of family unity.
    I can overlook his comments for two reasons. One, he's obvious a friend of Skip, which is understandable. Skip is a good guy from a good family and had some success here, so obviously Timmy B is standing up for him.

But more importantly, Timmy B isn't, never has, and never will be interested in what's best for Louisiana Tech.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by veerbone View Post
    I can overlook his comments for two reasons. One, he's obvious a friend of Skip, which is understandable. Skip is a good guy from a good family and had some success here, so obviously Timmy B is standing up for him.

But more importantly, Timmy B isn't, never has, and never will be interested in what's best for Louisiana Tech.
    Good post.

Except, I can say, from many conversations I've had with him, he KNOWS Tech Football. He's told me some things, insider information, I didn't know about Tech players/coaches. And, I can also say he admires and respects Tech Football...with that always-present caveat of "remember your place." But, that comes with the territory.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by veerbone View Post

I just don't like him bashing my opinions for commenting on his opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    That $4K would put the remaining total under $3M that the Foundation is on the hook for.
    Exactly. So pay up! Especially Chris Foster who promised $1000.

Champ parisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond reputeparisdog has a reputation beyond repute parisdog's Avatar

Agreed...Brando is an ass.

+ Reply to Thread