+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: LA Tech, Holtz Announce Coaching Change Following Rice Game - latechsports.com

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: LA Tech, Holtz Announce Coaching Change Following Rice Game - latechsports.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    Cancelled and immediately uncancelled. Amounted to nothing more than a PR boost. In the AAC now with a new Stadium… and nobody still attends the games.
    UAB completely shut their football program down for 2 years, and came back and beat LA Tech 4 out of the next 5 years. Tech's only win over UAB during this stretch was the Double OT win in the 2020 season. UAB also won 2 outright CUSA Championships and 3 CUSA West Division titles since returning their football program. Furthermore, in the last 5 years UAB opened a new Indoor Practice facility, Coaches offices, and most recently a new $80 million on-campus football stadium that seats 44K. And of course, lastly, UAB was a unanimous pick for the 1st open spot that came available in the new AAC realignment. We gotta lot of catching up to do.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: LA Tech, Holtz Announce Coaching Change Following Rice Game - latechsports.com

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Arkansas has a HC who was not a coordinator first. Things are going okay for them thus far.
    ......Agreed. To the naysayers I will say, it truly NOT Brain Surgery. Skip Holtz himself should have taught you all that by now.

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    Wood has every right to say "our" because he is "ours" until he is not "ours". Same as with any football coach or any other university employee, up to and including the president.
    You're sadly mistaken. They are ALL HIRED GUNS! Don't ever forget that. And every stupid mistake they make --take T-Mac for instance-- we have to live with the baggage they leave behind. Don't ever forget that it's NOT THEIR MONEY, and NOT THEIR SCHOOL. With very few exceptions (e.g., Soloman Randle), that's just a fact. Deep down, most really don't care. They are career professionals simply looking for the next gig. LTAC Director Jarred Latta resigned just last week, and took a different position in Kansas. Paul Kabbes resigned about 2 months ago and took a position at Oral Roberts University. The list of "rotating" hired guns at LA Tech is a mile long. So, I totally understand D80's point. And I'm sure you do to if you actually THINK about it.

Champ Lotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    UAB completely shut their football program down for 2 years, and came back and beat LA Tech 4 out of the next 5 years. Tech's only win over UAB during this stretch was the Double OT win in the 2020 season. UAB also won 2 outright CUSA Championships and 3 CUSA West Division titles since returning their football program. Furthermore, in the last 5 years UAB opened a new Indoor Practice facility, Coaches offices, and most recently a new $80 million on-campus football stadium that seats 44K. And of course, lastly, UAB was a unanimous pick for the 1st open spot that came available in the new AAC realignment. We gotta lot of catching up to do.
    Well Said!

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

You're sadly mistaken. They are ALL HIRED GUNS! Don't ever forget that. And every stupid mistake they make --take T-Mac for instance-- we have to live with the baggage they leave behind. Don't ever forget that it's NOT THEIR MONEY, and NOT THEIR SCHOOL. With very few exceptions (e.g., Soloman Randle), that's just a fact. Deep down, most really don't care. They are career professionals simply looking for the next gig. LTAC Director Jarred Latta resigned just last week, and took a different position in Kansas. Paul Kabbes resigned about 2 months ago and took a position at Oral Roberts University. The list of "rotating" hired guns at LA Tech is a mile long. So, I totally understand D80's point. And I'm sure you do to if you actually THINK about it.
    I'm not mistaken at all.

They are OUR hired guns until they are NOT our hired guns.

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    LMAO!

Why don’t you want to admit Holtz had quit before the season began.

19 transfers is proof of that.
    That's a great point, glm74.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Why don’t you want to admit Holtz had quit before the season began.
    No evidence at all that he had quit before Tech racked up that 20-point early 4th quarter lead at Mississippi State. Some level of quit obviously happened in the program between that point and the end of yesterday's game.

I would suggest that we are firing Holtz for Termination WITH CAUSE. He's not winning enough, and he's not putting fans in the stands. Is winning enough football games and emptying our stands not considered a "cause" for firing? If not, that's stupid in and of itself. I would make him prove it in court.
    If you want to make a certain level of losing games "cause" in any coaching contract, good luck ever hiring another coach. No agent would ever allow such a clause to stand.

I'm not mistaken at all.

They are OUR hired guns until they are NOT our hired guns.
    And we're going to TELL THEM what to do. The point is, we better have LA Tech people making these decisions, and the school's "hired guns" can go make a pot of coffee and refresh everybody's coffee cup every 30 minutes in the conference room.

Quote Originally Posted by BhadDawg View Post
    In a perfect world those automatic extensions would occur and if the HC gets poached by another program, said coach has a buyout to pay for leaving before contract is up. That is the only advantage my feeble brain can come up with.
    That clause was included in the Holtz contract.

His buyout for termination without cause ranged from $400K for 5 seasons (complete and partial) left to $100K for 2 seasons left and $0 for 1 season left.

If you want to make a certain level of losing games "cause" in any coaching contract, good luck ever hiring another coach. No agent would ever allow such a clause to stand.
    Now you are exposing your own limitations. I never said that. But I damn sure wouldn't be so stooopid as to write a contract such as the "rollover" kind Skip Holtz apparently has with LA Tech. And I guarantee you I could hire a real good coach for the million dollars they are going to pay the next guy. There's only 130 of these FBS Head Coaching jobs. Or did you forget that?

For the record, I told you people not to hire that grammer school fool T-Mac to begin with. I remember people on this board being so excited --some downright giddy-- that we had hired someone "so young" as our new AD. Like being 30 yrs old was some kind of advantage. LOL! . Now, by looking in the review mirror, we can easily see he screwed our university in women's basketball and in football. T-Mac has literally screwed LA Tech supporters out of MILLIONS of dollars. And by missing out on the recent realignment, the damage could be irreparable. We seriously need to put some adults in charge at that damn school.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

I would suggest that we are firing Holtz for Termination WITH CAUSE. He's not winning enough, and he's not putting fans in the stands. Is winning enough football games and emptying our stands not considered a "cause" for firing? If not, that's stupid in and of itself. I would make him prove it in court.
    Michael, I suspect cause is a defined term in the contract. I further suspect that winning/losing are not included in the definition. You and I might want them included, but I can't imagine they are.
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK View Post
    Michael, I suspect cause is a defined term in the contract. I further suspect that winning/losing are not included in the definition. You and I might want them included, but I can't imagine they are.
    Geezus. The contract is linked in this thread.

Cause is defined in 14.1.1. I referenced some of the language a few pages back.

I’ll say it one more time. I would call Holtz’s bluff on the buyout. You might get him to accept less.

See posts 76 and 109.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

Geezus. The contract is linked in this thread.

Cause is defined in 14.1.1. I referenced some of the language a few pages back.

I’ll say it one more time. I would call Holtz’s bluff on the buyout. You might get him to accept less.

See posts 76 and 109.
    Only a fool would accept less because "cause" is defined. He was clearly dismissed without cause. Arguing otherwise is a loser in the court of public opinion (read that as potential replacements) and before any competent judicial officer. Pay the money and move on...there comes a time to cut bait!
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

LTAC Director Jarred Latta resigned just last week, and took a different position in Kansas.
    lol -- who?!

I never heard from this guy once. How long was he there? Not long enough to check the list of recent LTAC donors and see if anyone wanted to re-up.

+ Reply to Thread