+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Holtz's Reaction

Varsity Bulldog Brad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud of

Holtz's Reaction

Maye if had shown this much passion as the Tech Head Coach, he would still be the Tech Head Coach.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1465345603165200389

Good ridance!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Holtz's Reaction

Okay...Wood just earned a measure of "well done" from me. He's right, one season doesn't determine a whole career, but the trajectory is clearly trending down. Cut bait and get out now, rather than later when the hole would be even deeper.

Now...the replacement. This is an important hire for Tech Football.

Varsity Bulldog Brad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Okay...Wood just earned a measure of "well done" from me. He's right, one season doesn't determine a whole career, but the trajectory is clearly trending down. Cut bait and get out now, rather than later when the hole would be even deeper.

Dr. Wood earned my respect, too.

2021 was not the only bad year. 2020 was not good.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

For some reason 2020 was tougher on Holtz and Tech than others who managed to win… No the bowling in 2020 was not a plus

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I always thought Skip was a nice guy, but was a coach to just keep the status quo. I guess he is just working to save his career with this statement, but I applaud Dr. Wood now more than ever and I was FOR letting him go. Maybe this tweet will let other coaches know that they need to do more, so it may help narrow down our candidates.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Holtz’s comment of ‘Wow’ tells you all you need to know. He essentially said he thought he was too good to have his recent substandard years questioned. I fully expect that if he was relieved of his job, he would’ve coasted as long as possible creating one excuse after another while all the while repeating the fading bowl run record.

Thank you AD Wood for seeing the truth of Holtz’s low standards and getting him out of the way. It’s a job well started now just add to it. There’s a lot of work to be done to get things fixed over McClelland’s screw ups.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    Maye if had shown this much passion as the Tech Head Coach, he would still be the Tech Head Coach.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1465345603165200389

Good ridance!
    Awe Coach....where's that "COMPETE" label now? LOL! Get out there and go compete.....for another job. You lazy bastard.

BTW, why do some people have trouble understanding that losing 70% of your last 20 football games as a coach puts your job at risk, NO MATTER WHO YOU ARE. Dumbasses.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I always thought Skip was a nice guy, but was a coach to just keep the status quo. I guess he is just working to save his career with this statement, but I applaud Dr. Wood now more than ever and I was FOR letting him go. Maybe this tweet will let other coaches know that they need to do more, so it may help narrow down our candidates.
    Holtz' career highs and lows came on the assistants that he brought in...

For every great one like Diaz, Baker, Peterson, Sloan there was one that stunk like Blackwell, Guge, Fitch, Damron, Macfarland

And the fact that he couldn't get out of his damn way.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post

This is the BEST decision LA Tech has made in the last 5 years. Holtz HAD TO GO! And you are correct; if Tech didn't fire him now, we'd have ridden Holtz's "compete" train all the way to 0-12, and severely damaged the program long term. At least this way, LA Tech has a chance to bounce back to respectability in a year or two.

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    For some reason 2020 was tougher on Holtz and Tech than others who managed to win… No the bowling in 2020 was not a plus
    Not only that, but LA Tech wasn't even competitive against TCU (lost 52-10), BYU (lost 45-14), Marshall (lost 35-17, at home) and even Georgia Southern (lost 38-3, in bowl game) in the 2020 season. LA Tech was outscored 170-44 in those 4 losses. That's pretty damn pathetic folks. I don't know why Holtz doesn't just wear a skirt.

And that asshole (Holtz) wonders why he got fired? Seriously? If so, he's truly mental, and should be fired on that basis alone.

Big Dog Rama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant futureRama Jama has a brilliant future Rama Jama's Avatar

‘Wow”? As if it was a surprise? People generally know when they are in jeopardy of being fired. ESPECIALLY HCs. If he genuinely did not see this coming, it confirms even more so that he doesn’t read people well and his general “situational awareness” is poor.

Frankly, I am pleasantly surprised Tech did this. I wish Skip well and actually hope he ends up at a future Tech opponent.

Does this news clip of USF’s firing seem familiar? Even the names of the assistants were the same that he brought here. https://youtu.be/I3vfFk_u_fw

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    This is the BEST decision LA Tech has made in the last 5 years. Holtz HAD TO GO! And you are correct; if Tech didn't fire him now, we'd have ridden Holtz's "compete" train all the way to 0-12, and severely damaged the program long term. At least this way, LA Tech has a chance to bounce back to respectability in a year or two.
    No one would have even known about it though. He was working to make it where no one even cared anymore. It's a great job if you can get it - $800k with no expectations- or so he thought. Thankfully we will not have to hear another excuse or "compete' comment from his at TECH again. I saw where he says he isn't finished coaching- I'm guessing he is finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    No one would have even known about it though. He was working to make it where no one even cared anymore. It's a great job if you can get it - $800k with no expectations- or so he thought. Thankfully we will not have to hear another excuse or "compete' comment from his at TECH again. I saw where he says he isn't finished coaching- I'm guessing he is finished.
    Oh yes, he's finished in the FBS. NOBODY can sell Holtz's 6-14 record over his last 20 games to alumni and not get run out of town.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Oh yes, he's finished in the FBS. NOBODY can sell Holtz's 6-14 record over his last 20 games to alumni and not get run out of town.
    Unless someone has another teenager AD who is easily impressed by freshly fired coaches

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Well, La Tech hired him. How many involved in that decision are still employed at La Tech or members of the Athletic Council?

+ Reply to Thread