+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Holtz's Reaction

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Holtz's Reaction

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Unless someone has another teenager AD who is easily impressed by freshly fired coaches
    The current president was still a VP, and the Boy Wonder wouldn't arrive for another seven months after Holtz.

So this was Reneau's parting shot along with the lame-duck AD at the time. The Boy Wonder was Guice's awful first hire.
    Last edited by FriscoDawg; 11-29-2021 at 07:37 PM.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Oh yes, he's finished in the FBS. NOBODY can sell Holtz's 6-14 record over his last 20 games to alumni and not get run out of town.
    And if they dig deeper they would find 5 4th quarter come-from-ahead losses with 3 of those being double-digit specials in those last 20 games.

Skippy is what his record says he is, and nothing says that better than those last 20 games.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    The current president was still a VP, and the Boy Wonder wouldn't arrive for another seven months after Holtz.

So this was Reneau's parting shot along the lame-duck AD at the time. The Boy Wonder was Guice's awful first hire.
    Keep in mind this all happened to shift money intended for the football HC who "skipped" town over to the MBB HC who would soon "skip" town.

We keep setting salaries higher, but never include buyout money that will benefit us.

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Keep in mind this all happened to shift money intended for the football HC who "skipped" town over to the MBB HC who would soon "skip" town.

We keep setting salaries higher, but never include buyout money that will benefit us.
    Who negotiates contracts for La Tech?

Skippy's "pay us" amount would have been $200K if someone had hired him away before the end of next season. The "pay us" figures need to be at least 2 or 3 times higher than what was in Skippy's contract.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eagle2180 View Post
    Who negotiates contracts for La Tech?
    Well our lame duck Dr Reneau and not likely our lame duck AD negotiated the original contract with Holtz. I distinctly remember Dr. Reneau setting Dr. Guice up for failure in his usual lame ass introduction speech. This was ALL ABOUT shifting funds. Holtz was the man who could make it happen and allowed us to keep White for a little longer.

Currently all our contracts have been put together by the boy wonder whether they deserved renewals or not.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rama Jama View Post
    ‘Wow”? As if it was a surprise?

Does this news clip of USF’s firing seem familiar? Even the names of the assistants were the same that he brought here. https://youtu.be/I3vfFk_u_fw
    This video is stunning. I don’t recall ever seeing it before. Now that I do see it, I’m absolutely amazed that Holtz won anything. I’ve talked repeatedly about how underachieving our teams have been under Holtz. As it turns out now, I know how really good our players have been to offset how really terrible Holtz is at his core.

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Well our lame duck Dr Reneau and not likely our lame duck AD negotiated the original contract with Holtz. I distinctly remember Dr. Reneau setting Dr. Guice up for failure in his usual lame ass introduction speech. This was ALL ABOUT shifting funds. Holtz was the man who could make it happen and allowed us to keep White for a little longer.

Currently all our contracts have been put together by the boy wonder whether they deserved renewals or not.
    Surely we have legal counsel or someone that reviews theses contracts. If not it shouldn’t be a hard gig for someone to be really successful. (Insert name) the official non-idiot of La Tech Athletics.

Champ CARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond reputeCARTEK has a reputation beyond repute CARTEK's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eagle2180 View Post
    Surely we have legal counsel or someone that reviews theses contracts. If not it shouldn’t be a hard gig for someone to be really successful. (Insert name) the official non-idiot of La Tech Athletics.
    I'd do it for free!
    I'm an asshole! What's your excuse?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK View Post
    I'd do it for free!
    Hah! other attorneys are gonna ream ya for that!

I've done a lot of pro bono "work" in real estate, and I mean a LOT, and have been cussed and even threatened by other real estate agents and some brokers. Say I am setting a "dangerous" precedent.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK View Post
    I'd do it for free!
    I know you would! Please make that known to Guice. Our failure at writing contract terms is ridiculous and embarrassing.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

I'm happy I get to retire this, though I was likely the only one laughing at it still (to keep from crying).

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post

I'm happy I get to retire this, though I was likely the only one laughing at it still (to keep from crying).
    Oh, I wasn't laughing.

Champ LEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud of LEEDAWG's Avatar

I think for many of us LA Tech Football fans the seeds of discontent with Holtz started well before the last 20 games.

2014 (2nd year) Disappointing late season loss at ODU followed by losing at Marshall in the C-USA championship game. Oh yeah, some players flunked out and couldn't play. Bad luck for Holtz right? Add in a loss to FCS NSU.
    2015 Got B-slapped last game at home by S Miss when we had been on a roll
    2016 Probably the peak for Holtz's tenure, but suffered another late season loss to S Miss that cost us hosting the C-USA Championship against WKU. Lost the conference championship at WKU. We did finish with a great bowl win vs Navy.
    2017 Three 1-pt losses to S Car, UAB, and UNT. Also, S Miss once again beats us in Ruston. More bad luck for Holtz, right?
    2018 More late season disappointment with losses to S Miss and WKU.
    2019 The 12-1 season. Oh, wait, no it was 10-3. More bad luck for Holtz not having a backup QB, right? There were probably high schools in Louisiana that had tougher schedules than we did that year. Winning only 10 was a bit of a disappointment.

And then the already mentioned 6-14 record for 2020 and 2021 and all of those late game failures.

It is baffling that Holtz beat S Miss in 2013.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Oh, I wasn't laughing.

+ Reply to Thread