+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome Sonny Cumbie, TX Tech OC

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Re: Welcome Sonny Cumbie, TX Tech OC

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    Maybe by then Tech would have all of its ducks in a row to be able to stream an event.

Probably doesn't help that Tech is trying to use the dying Facebook platform.
    Pretty rough connection. You'd think we could handle this.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    If he had that record we'd be introducing the coach AFTER the coach after Holtz today and be at least in the AAC.
    This.

Finally the administration understood where Tech is. We don't need a "stable" or "consistent" coach. We need a winning coach. Then another. Then another. Then another. Be the program that is the proving ground for coaches on the rise. Because you know what happens? Those programs get better and better and better every time AND you get a reputation as being a winner where coaches want to come to as they climb the ladder.

I am perfectly fine with a press conference every 3-4 years.

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar

Maybe by then Tech would have all of its ducks in a row to be able to stream an event.

From someone who has had to do this to some extent at the HS level, Facebook is where I get all my social media views from the segment that has day jobs. I would prefer to livestream on YouTube. The platform is A+, I can overlay a scoreboard easily and a host of other things. BUT parents and grandparents are on Facebook in huge numbers and I can get a basic no-frills stream up and running with just a single cell phone and a tripod. In the grand scheme of things, when you are looking at numbers, Facebook still produces. I may not like it but I HAVE to play that game. Looking forward to a day when I don't.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

I like him spending time on thanks for his mentors.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    He just refused to adapt and change over his career -

I'm convinced talent (# of draft picks backs this up) over came a lot of his coaching deficiencies and blunders, when the talent level waned (especially at the QB and RB positions) it all caught up with him
    Exactly. Of course, that doesn't explain why it took LA Tech's fans and administrative leaders 9 years to figure out something USF's fans and leadership learned in less than 3 years.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Exactly. Of course, that doesn't explain why it took LA Tech's fans and administrative leaders 9 years to figure out something USF's fans and leadership learned in less than 3 years.
    Skippy was 16-21 at USF. Made their call much easier. That should have been a signal for Tech to stay away.

Before the last 20 game stretch, Skippy was 58-36 (.617) at Tech.

Thankfully the voices would were the loudest nine years ago had little say in this hire.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

This inability by LA Tech to do the SIMPLE things really pisses me off. You would think somebody at Tech would have tested the audio before 12 noon. But nooooooo. We gotta make shit hard. Hell, I remember watching the Sonny Dykes introductory broadcast way back in 2010. It was flawless. Now, here we are 11 years later --supposedly surrounded by much newer and better technology-- and LA Tech can't even get a broadcast to work at all. This has got to be the most frustrating school in America to be attached too. We make the simple stuff look hard.

Very good press conference. Who's ready for the season to start? I guess they have to finish the current one first, huh?

Like the open door to former players. That's a good sign.

Varsity Bulldog johnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her gamejohnnyb019 is on top of his/her game

Need to move to YouTube for live streams and just post a link to Facebook. I do live streams sometimes and Facebook is garbage. Its always iffy on if it will work or not. More people are on Facebook so I really think they need to jsut stream on YouTube and share the link to their facebook page.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyb019 View Post
    Need to move to YouTube for live streams and just post a link to Facebook. I do live streams sometimes and Facebook is garbage. Its always iffy on if it will work or not. More people are on Facebook so I really think they need to jsut stream on YouTube and share the link to their facebook page.
    And Tech Athletics has a YouTube channel. Exactly TWO videos have been posted on it since the baseball season recap video in June.

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar

I fully support all moves to YouTube although I have a hard time getting people to click through from Facebook. Our girls bowling team livestreams every match on YouTube and I would be willing to bet the coach or one of the non-starting kids is the one doing it. It shouldn't be that way. Coaches and players do not need to spend time on things like that.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    If he had that record we'd be introducing the coach AFTER the coach after Holtz today and be at least in the AAC.
    It seems like the AAC wanted markets. Tech was probably the best all-around program in CUSA. UNT, UTSA, Charlotte, and Rice would love to be able to say they went to 7 straight bowl games. At the end of the day though G5 is G5,

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

I would have to say that Woods gets an A on the way this was handled. He was swift and decisive in not only getting rid of Holtz, but also in bringing a high quality coach to Ruston in record time. I can’t wait until August!

I see that the stale #1 jersey photo has been posted.

Why didn't we do something original like "HC" or HEAD COACH"?

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    Very good press conference. Who's ready for the season to start? I guess they have to finish the current one first, huh?

Like the open door to former players. That's a good sign.
    Where can we see the press conference?

+ Reply to Thread