+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome Sonny Cumbie, TX Tech OC

Champ LEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud of LEEDAWG's Avatar

Re: Welcome Sonny Cumbie, TX Tech OC

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg Fan View Post
    Cumbie doesn't really move the needle for me - yet, but I'm willing to see how it goes if he is indeed the hire. Now, if he says he plans to keep Holtz's style of play - I might just get sick. I know, I know, that's not who he is. We should be able to look forward to an upbeat fast-paced offense.
    Hopefully Dr Wood will hire a "Cleaner" to go into all of the football related areas of Tech to make sure all laminated play-sheets from the past 9 years are located and burned. It should be made public so we can hear the cries of all of the defensive coordinators at our 2022 opponents as they realize they probably won't see our delayed handoff on 1st and 10 to set up the 2nd and 14.

Champ LEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud ofLEEDAWG has much to be proud of LEEDAWG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gladzilla View Post
    Anyone else think that DJ Shockley would make a nice QB coach?
    That could be interesting. However, I expect he would find living in Ruston to be close to a form of torture.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by LEEDAWG View Post
    Hopefully Dr Wood will hire a "Cleaner" to go into all of the football related areas of Tech to make sure all laminated play-sheets from the past 9 years are located and burned. It should be made public so we can hear the cries of all of the defensive coordinators at our 2022 opponents as they realize they probably won't see our delayed handoff on 1st and 10 to set up the 2nd and 14.
    There is no probably about it.

As I said in another thread a couple of weeks ago, that delayed handoff play might work as a changeup but not as a base running play.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    I think our OL is gonna have to be a lot faster to run Sonny's O. They may all start to look like underfed tackles....that's a good thing.
    It's a good time to be a Trent Taylor/Smoke Harris type slot WR in the general area. Three Air Raid guys (not to mention Littrell at UNT who also has some of that Texas Tech DNA) all from Ruston to Fort Worth.

Varsity Bulldog Dawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the rough

I wonder how this affects Joe Sloan? I'm sure he was hopeful to be the new HC. Would he stay on as OC or look for a new job?

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg85 View Post
    I wonder how this affects Joe Sloan? I'm sure he was hopeful to be the new HC. Would he stay on as OC or look for a new job?
    I can't imagine him retaining anyone on this staff unless it's for recruiting.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

If he's good he'll find a place. If he's not he won't. Simple as.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

The thing I find most telling is that tons of people are wishing him well here, regretting they couldn't keep him, etc.

No one is saying "This guy is about to destroy your program."

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

Sloan was with Holtz at South Florida before coming to Tech. I'd say he'll go wherever Holtz goes if given the opportunity. I don't see him staying at Tech.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg Fan View Post
    Sloan was with Holtz at South Florida before coming to Tech. I'd say he'll go wherever Holtz goes if given the opportunity. I don't see him staying at Tech.
    How miserable that would have to be. “What, fired again? Okay, where are we going now?”

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    The thing I find most telling is that tons of people are wishing him well here, regretting they couldn't keep him, etc.

No one is saying "This guy is about to destroy your program."
    You say that like it’s happened before.

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

Pleasantly surprised. Think he's a good choice and that really was a quick hire. Maybe we finally have an AD.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    You say that like it’s happened before.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Wonder if Cumbie will find his Tony Franklin out there to be his OC like Dyke's first HC gig at Tech?

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Is there a super plugged in, super popular high school coach (preferably with some good recruits coming up over the next few years) either in Shreveport or New Orleans area? Someone to come in as RB or DB coach to coordinate recruiting? I think that was a really good move by Holtz when we first hired him.

+ Reply to Thread