+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome Sonny Cumbie, TX Tech OC

Champ Lotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant future

Re: Welcome Sonny Cumbie, TX Tech OC

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nca...5pp?li=BBnb7Kz

Kiffin, 46, will have a new salary in 2022. He’ll make $7.25 million. That number will escalate by $100,000 each year of the contract. Kiffin will also have the opportunity to earn as much as a $200,000 bonus, depending on the number of season tickets sold each year.

Champ Lotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by Lotsudo View Post

Kiffin, 46, will have a new salary in 2022. He’ll make $7.25 million. That number will escalate by $100,000 each year of the contract. Kiffin will also have the opportunity to earn as much as a $200,000 bonus, depending on the number of season tickets sold each year.
    Nice concept

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

The fact that the "welcome new head coach" thread has turned into a ULL ranking thread says so, so much about the state of our program and fanbase. I never thought I would see this day. I joined the Tech family before I was even born. I joined the board at 14 years old. I am now 29.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Nice concept
    Although season tickets move the needle for our academia admin types, we should base bonuses on indivdual ticket sales alone. We are far from the point of building our fan base with season ticket holders. We are officially desperate for fans (former and future) thanks to or former AD and HC and should encourage all fans to attend. FWIW, our tickets are WAY over priced compared to what they were a few years ago.

Champ DallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond reputeDallasDog has a reputation beyond repute DallasDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Although season tickets move the needle for our academia admin types, we should base bonuses on indivdual ticket sales alone. We are far from the point of building our fan base with season ticket holders. We are officially desperate for fans (former and future) thanks to or former AD and HC and should encourage all fans to attend. FWIW, our tickets are WAY over priced compared to what they were a few years ago.
    TMac = prices increased and the value of the tickets in most sports either weren't worth the increase or decreased in value as the teams under performed. I am fine with price increases as long as the product is worth it. I can't and won't pay more any longer just from the concept of loyalty.

To get those single game fans in the stands price needs to be equal to the product/experience. That doesn't mean just in the stadium either (although we need to continue to improve the in stadium experience- wifi, food options, always having water and ice etc), but part of that ticket price should be activities for the kids and good tailgating for parents to walk through and enjoy. In an area where the university is one of the biggest things around make it an event that people want to spend a day/part of a day enjoying.

College athletics is a business now on all levels, including for the players.... so if the product is good then I will pay, if it isn't then someone else will get the money.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Agreed. We've got to get the casual fan excited and if they have to pay out the nose for a day in Ruston to watch a boring product with lackluster tailgating...just not worth it.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Agreed. We've got to get the casual fan excited and if they have to pay out the nose for a day in Ruston to watch a boring product with lackluster tailgating...just not worth it.
    I don't mind ticket incentives that include season tickets, but those should be based on year over year increases of total season tickets sold only. Actually the same should go for individual ticket sales as well.

A coach should be expected to maintain a steady ticket base. Incentives should be given for increasing those numbers, and those incentives should increase the larger the percentage increase there is.

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

I don't see how a 2% bonus is going to incentivize anyone. 200,000 is nothing for a guy making 7.25 mill, especially when the gov't is going to take a large chunk of that.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DJDAWG View Post
    I don't see how a 2% bonus is going to incentivize anyone. 200,000 is nothing for a guy making 7.25 mill, especially when the gov't is going to take a large chunk of that.
    I agree with you about that. A 2% bonus wouldn't move the needle for me.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone else tuned in to watch our coach in the Liberty Bowl? Just tuned in, so not sure how he has called the game to this point.

Varsity Bulldog LeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Anyone else tuned in to watch our coach in the Liberty Bowl? Just tuned in, so not sure how he has called the game to this point.
    I’ve liked what I’ve seen so far. Plus great energy on the TT sideline. You’d almost think he was staying there to be HC

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Lots of penalties. Couple of nice drives. Average special teams. Good defense.

Forced another turnover. When were these “spectecular” seasons the commentator referred to for Skip Holtz?

Puppy Hanover Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHanover Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHanover Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHanover Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHanover Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHanover Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHanover Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHanover Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHanover Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHanover Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeHanover Dawg Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

This game vs Miss St should be a future recruiting promo for La Tech. If I was a talented high school athlete, I would want to play for this coach. And as a fan, I want to watch La Tech football again. Now that we have a better AD, hopefully the tailgating experience will be restored to a fan friendly event to complement the higher quality teams we are expecting. I'm expecting a new energy level and increased attendance if Tech manages this opportunity well.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Skippy spread his kool-aid far and wide. The only chance of spectacular during the last 9 years got literally chainsmoked or snorted away.

Tech will do just fine under Cumbie if he gets 90% or more of the effort that Texas Tech gave him tonight.

+ Reply to Thread