+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Roberson Leads Lady Techsters to 64-48 Win Over ULM

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Conf Sunbelt Roberson Leads Lady Techsters to 64-48 Win Over ULM

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

RUSTON, La. – For the 57th time in school history, the Louisiana Tech women's basketball team will matchup*with ULM when the Lady Techsters travel down I-20 to take on the Warhawks on Thursday night at 6:30 p.m. inside the Fant-Ewing Coliseum.

More...

Discuss it here.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: @LATechWBB Travels Down I-20 to Face ULM Thursday

Seems to be a contest who can be the worst at basketball for the least long amount of time

Champ LT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the rough

Re: @LATechWBB Travels Down I-20 to Face ULM Thursday

64-48

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Roberson Leads Lady Techsters to 64-48 Win Over ULM

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

MONROE, La. – Sophomore Anna Larr Roberson secured her ninth career double-double with 20 points and 14 rebounds to lead*the Lady Techsters to a 64-48 win over ULM inside the Fant-Ewing Coliseum on Thursday night.

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Roberson Leads Lady Techsters to 64-48 Win Over ULM

The Techsters are definitely better this year, but need some more consistency. Playing the full game at full speed is needed. Saying that, I think we will surprise some teams in conference.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Just win!

I think Dr. Wood has established a new bar all coaches have to get over...win championships. Of course, winning a national championship is a tall order and no coach should be terminated for failing to win one, but conference championships? Oh yeah! that's a very reasonable goal to demand. Both hoops' programs have been languishing in mediocrity for way too long and it is time to say, no more! Put up or get out.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    The Techsters are definitely better this year, but need some more consistency. Playing the full game at full speed is needed. Saying that, I think we will surprise some teams in conference.
    I certainly hope so. We picked it up a bit in the 4th quarter. We may not have hit our ceiling yet but dang the floor is low.

Anna Larr didn't miss a FT until the 4Q. Something like 10-11. The rest of the team similarly shot lights out from the stripe. A definite improvement from years past and the difference in this game.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

These ladies are getting better. As Champ110 just alluded to, they just need more playing time together to establish that "consistency" he talked about. I'm very optimistic.

The biggest difference I see this year is that Brooke brought in better ATHLETES, and sent the short fat girls packing. Sorry to be so crude about it, but it's really true. If you recall, last year my biggest complaint was that our players just didn't look or act ATHLETIC. We needed a big upgrade in athleticism, and Brooke went out and did that by replacing 75% of last years roster.

But again, it's going to take some time for these better "athletes" to jell, and get consistency. February and March should be very fun to watch with this group.

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    These ladies are getting better. As Champ110 just alluded to, they just need more playing time together to establish that "consistency" he talked about. I'm very optimistic.

The biggest difference I see this year is that Brooke brought in better ATHLETES, and sent the short fat girls packing. Sorry to be so crude about it, but it's really true. If you recall, last year my biggest complaint was that our players just didn't look or act ATHLETIC. We needed a big upgrade in athleticism, and Brooke went out and did that by replacing 75% of last years roster.

But again, it's going to take some time for these better "athletes" to jell, and get consistency. February and March should be very fun to watch with this group.
    I'm not quite as optimistic but I generally agree. We seem very streaky still and when we're bad we're baaad. But that all can be improved if the raw athleticism is there and I'm impressed with our recent upgrades in that regard.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    I certainly hope so. We picked it up a bit in the 4th quarter. We may not have hit our ceiling yet but dang the floor is low.

Anna Larr didn't miss a FT until the 4Q. Something like 10-11. The rest of the team similarly shot lights out from the stripe. A definite improvement from years past and the difference in this game.
    Anna Larr Roberson is the one player who's got to keep the momentum going while the rest of the new teammates keep "jelling" and catching up. I think ALR is the undisputed leader of this team, and when she has a good game typically good things happen for this team. However, we do need the rest of the newbies to "catch up" and start contributing.

Champ Bill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant futureBill Brasky has a brilliant future

Saw some pics of today’s game on Twitter. Are there capacity restrictions at the TAC? I sure hope so because it looked like there were about 500 people there. WTF

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Brasky View Post
    Saw some pics of today’s game on Twitter. Are there capacity restrictions at the TAC? I sure hope so because it looked like there were about 500 people there. WTF
    The Lady Techsters still have a lot to prove. Big wins over good women's basketball programs, conference championships and national rankings still mean something. Build it, and they will come.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    The Lady Techsters still have a lot to prove. Big wins over good women's basketball programs, conference championships and national rankings still mean something. Build it, and they will come.
    A big splash win is needed for any type of following to return. It will have to be a new generation. Are the students out on break still? That ALWAYS impacts the crowd and atmosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    A big splash win is needed for any type of following to return. It will have to be a new generation. Are the students out on break still? That ALWAYS impacts the crowd and atmosphere.
    They just got back last Wednesday I think.

Women's basketball has a huge hill to climb - there is not much goodwill to squander

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    They just got back last Wednesday I think.

Women's basketball has a huge hill to climb - there is not much goodwill to squander
    True...

+ Reply to Thread