+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: JD Head Transfering

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: JD Head Transfering

I would imagine that we will have some to transfer. I am hoping Cumbie has some time to get some new players into the fold transferring in... He needs players that fit his system and we need some freed up scholarships for that purpose.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    He needs to gain weight. Like eat a few burgers and a milk shake.
    Maybe our current S&C coach will enter the transfer portal.

He’s one of the best you know. Loves Ruston.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Some of the posts here about QB's in the transfer portal made me think of former LA Tech, Southern Miss and current Miss St backup QB Jumpin' Jack Abraham. According to the article below, Abraham is suffering from "post concussion syndrome" after he had a freak accident in practice at Miss State back in June 2021. This article says Abraham will be petitioning for a 7th year of eligibility at Mississippi St. That's right, I said a "7th Year".

I say no! Shut him off. Shut him down. His college career should be finished! I'm all in favor of awarding additional eligibility --including the occasional 6th year medical redshirt exception-- when a player is truly deserving, and the circumstances are truly extenuating. But even a 6th year of eligibility should be a very rare occurrence. A 7th year? NO WAY! Jumpin Jack will be 25 years old on Oct 25th, 2022. I don't like 25 & 26 yr old players playing against a bunch of 18, 19 & 20 yr old players. It's typically a physical & maturity mismatch. I wouldn't like it if I was a "player parent" now, and I didn't like it back in 2017 when UAB won the CUSA football title after petitioning the NCAA for a special 2-yr redshirt exemption for so many of their players. Tech (and other CUSA teams) ended up playing against a bunch of 24 to 26 yr old "college students", who had purposely been "held out" awaiting UAB's return to college football after a self-imposed 2-yr hiatus. I

MO, I don't see any reason the NCAA shouldn't allow anyone 7 yrs of eligibility to play college football.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/mi...ne-concussion/

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

BTW, I do find it very interesting that ANY LA Tech QB would choose to transfer out of the program immediately after we just announced one of the greatest college QB's and offensive coaching minds of all-time as our new head coach. WTH? What are you running from JD? If anybody can improve your QB skills and and chances of making your NFL QB dream come true some day, it's Sonny Cumbie.

This goes for Calvary Baptist QB and LA Tech commit Landry Lyddy too. Anybody that's really serious about becoming a great college QB should be THRILLED to play for Sonny Cumbie.

Varsity Bulldog frogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to all frogdog's Avatar

Maybe we are starting to see the lack of full COA taking effect.

Big Dog Cory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud of Cory's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thewyldman View Post
    Well hopefully we can start anyone other than Allen next year
    I couldn’t agree more. I don’t understand how Allen even made the team. He’s not very accurate, he has poor judgement on the field, and overall he’s just seems too timid ever be a solid choice at qb. Georgia Southern showed me everything that I need to know about that guy. I think he’s one of the worst quarterbacks to ever where a La Tech jersey.

Varsity Bulldog SlimJimWillie is a jewel in the roughSlimJimWillie is a jewel in the roughSlimJimWillie is a jewel in the roughSlimJimWillie is a jewel in the roughSlimJimWillie is a jewel in the roughSlimJimWillie is a jewel in the roughSlimJimWillie is a jewel in the roughSlimJimWillie is a jewel in the roughSlimJimWillie is a jewel in the roughSlimJimWillie is a jewel in the roughSlimJimWillie is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    I couldn’t agree more. I don’t understand how Allen even made the team. He’s not very accurate, he has poor judgement on the field, and overall he’s just seems too timid ever be a solid choice at qb. Georgia Southern showed me everything that I need to know about that guy. I think he’s one of the worst quarterbacks to ever where a La Tech jersey.
    Tarik Hakmi and Scotty Young might have been worse. Would be a close race to the bottom between them all

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Hakmi was bad

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Some of the posts here about QB's in the transfer portal made me think of former LA Tech, Southern Miss and current Miss St backup QB Jumpin' Jack Abraham. According to the article below, Abraham is suffering from "post concussion syndrome" after he had a freak accident in practice at Miss State back in June 2021. This article says Abraham will be petitioning for a 7th year of eligibility at Mississippi St. That's right, I said a "7th Year".

I say no! Shut him off. Shut him down. His college career should be finished! I'm all in favor of awarding additional eligibility --including the occasional 6th year medical redshirt exception-- when a player is truly deserving, and the circumstances are truly extenuating. But even a 6th year of eligibility should be a very rare occurrence. A 7th year? NO WAY! Jumpin Jack will be 25 years old on Oct 25th, 2022. I don't like 25 & 26 yr old players playing against a bunch of 18, 19 & 20 yr old players. It's typically a physical & maturity mismatch. I wouldn't like it if I was a "player parent" now, and I didn't like it back in 2017 when UAB won the CUSA football title after petitioning the NCAA for a special 2-yr redshirt exemption for so many of their players. Tech (and other CUSA teams) ended up playing against a bunch of 24 to 26 yr old "college students", who had purposely been "held out" awaiting UAB's return to college football after a self-imposed 2-yr hiatus. I

MO, I don't see any reason the NCAA shouldn't allow anyone 7 yrs of eligibility to play college football.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/mi...ne-concussion/
    He will have to transfer to his fourth school, if he wants to actually play in a game. He will never see the field at Mississippi State.

Are you against Luke getting another year?

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by frogdog View Post
    Maybe we are starting to see the lack of full COA taking effect.
    Surely will be a factor in recruiting and retention of players.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lotsudo View Post
    If these guy want to enter the portal, my best wishes are for them. It just means they are not happy with their current situation or in their eyes they feel that the grass is greener else where. Good luck moving forward.
    Sometimes, after hopping over the fence to that greener grass, you find out that green grass greener because of all the B.S. !!

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

The more I look at Caleb Holstein, the more I think he could be the guy. He is of decent size and seems to be able to throw the ball with very little effort. His HS coach said “On the field, his most impressive talent is his arm strength and his accuracy. He's a pure passer with an NFL arm. But, you can't measure resiliency and decision-making, and he does that well. What Caleb values are different than the average kid." He was committed to Harvard before switching to Tech. He is from the same HS as Griffin Herbert which factored into his decision to commit to Tech. Of course Holtz and company convinced him Tech ran a spread offense which appealed to him. Anyway, I hope Holstein allows Cumbie to give him a fair and honest assessment regarding how Holstein can fit into Tech's future. https://www.hudl.com/profile/8035830/Caleb-Holstein

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Holstein looks good. Also, heck! he had receivers in HS who know how to use their hands and GO GET the pass!!!!!!!!! Not all of his passes were on the mark but his receivers adjusted and snatched the ball out of the air, like all good receivers do. He also benefitted from a solid OL that allowed him to stand in the pocket and pick out a receiver. He won't find either of those so readily at Tech or for any Division I school.

Now, watching the video clips, there were a few times he was flushed from the pocket and he did a great job of keeping his eyes downfield and hit a receiver while on the move.

I certainly think he deserves a shot to prove he can be our #1 QB, and I hope we see him get that chance.

Champ JDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant future JDubyadawg's Avatar

I have watched Holstein on the sideline all season and wondered why isn't he at least given a few snaps? I was told by two different people that he "didn't want to put the work in" either physically or mentally to earn any time from Skip. I can understand how a guy who was committed to Harvard might be a little bored with that coaching staff but I have heard that said about a lot of players in the past few years so who knows the real truth. I like JD Head but as stated above, if you as QB do not want be here and develop under a coach such as Sonny Cumbie, then move on. As my mama and aunts use to say about family gatherings - "If you don't want to be here, we don't want you here". Good Luck!

Champ arkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond reputearkansasbob has a reputation beyond repute arkansasbob's Avatar

i wonder if jd has some inside information -- like is sonny expecting to bring in a transfer qb from texas tech?

+ Reply to Thread