+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: JD Head Transfering

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: JD Head Transfering

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Got it. Thanks for the clarification. AK was thrown into an almost impossible situation at a very late date, and IMO performed very well until he got injured. If AK could have participated in spring football practice at Tech with the rest of the players, I believe they all could have performed much better in the fall. That's on Skip Holtz. He went into the summer KNOWING he didn't have an adequate QB, and signed AK at the very last minute. If you guys recall, the very first time AK ever saw the Tech campus was on July 6th. That was an accident waiting to happen.
    Getting to know the system would not have helped AK other than him realizing the OLine coach was horrible and would eventually get him injured.

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Getting to know the system would not have helped AK other than him realizing the OLine coach was horrible and would eventually get him injured.
    Sure it would. He wouldn’t have wasted a year of his life after participating in spring ball for HCSH.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Another QB transfer. Spencer “Rattled” headed to South Carolina. Does he think SEC defenses will give him less trouble than Big12?

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Another QB transfer. Spencer “Rattled” headed to South Carolina. Does he think SEC defenses will give him less trouble than Big12?
    Considering he lost his starting job after being so overhyped..maybe the man just needs a fresh start in a new offense.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    Considering he lost his starting job after being so overhyped..maybe the man just needs a fresh start in a new offense.
    Caleb Williams elects to enter transfer portal as well.

Will still consider staying at OK.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow View Post
    Caleb Williams elects to enter transfer portal as well.

Will still consider staying at OK.
    Unreal. Change schools like they are changing socks

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

This portal stuff has changed, forever, CFB. Starting with recruiting. Used to be a school would sweat bullets waiting for key verbal commits to sign on the line, and when they did oh joyous day! We GOT those good players. Er...not anymore. You might get 'em, but can you keep 'em?

I also see more temptations for big money alums and others to BUY a good team. Can try to get several great players, a QB, a couple of WRs, etc to transfer to the same school. You know, purchase a national championship. I also think this takes us one step closer to rendering the NCAA just a bad memory. More and more individual schools, conferences and TV networks are calling the shots. Pretty soon the NCAA will be told to just shut up and sit quietly in the corner, we'll speak with you when we're ready.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

I think I saw yesterday that there are 50 something QBs in the portal (with like 30 something having already entered and found a new home).

That seems like a buyer's market to me, provided you do your homework. I agree that next year's starting QB is probably not yet on our team. Past that, hopefully Holstein or Lyddy will be the future.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    This portal stuff has changed, forever, CFB. Starting with recruiting. Used to be a school would sweat bullets waiting for key verbal commits to sign on the line, and when they did oh joyous day! We GOT those good players. Er...not anymore. You might get 'em, but can you keep 'em?

I also see more temptations for big money alums and others to BUY a good team. Can try to get several great players, a QB, a couple of WRs, etc to transfer to the same school. You know, purchase a national championship. I also think this takes us one step closer to rendering the NCAA just a bad memory. More and more individual schools, conferences and TV networks are calling the shots. Pretty soon the NCAA will be told to just shut up and sit quietly in the corner, we'll speak with you when we're ready.
    Cant blame the players at all!

Can you imagine having the red carpet rolled out for you every year, and all the goodies that would entail? Heck, I'd enter the portal every year even if I planned on staying put, and I'd enjoy everything offered to me over the summer.

Eventually, the G5 will just be a 1 year proving ground for players. Set the world on fire and transfer to a big school. Something to look forward to. Um, yay!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post

Though it obviously wasn't for a national championship, that's EXACTLY what WKU did last year when they signed QB Bailey Zappe, the 2 Sterns brothers (WR's) and Offensive coach Zach Kittley, all from Houston Baptist University. Essentially, WKU just went out on the open market and "bought" an entire offense. And it worked. WKU went from being ranked #120 in total offense in 2020 (Tech finished ranked #115), to finishing the 2021 season ranked #2 in the country in total offense. (Tech finished the 2021 season ranked #77 in total offense) Zappe finished his 2021 season at WKU as the greatest single season passer in NCAA history, with 5,967 yds and 62 passing TD's in one season.

2021 Season Offensive Stats:
    https://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/21

2020 Season Offensive stats:
    https://www.footballoutsiders.com/st...veralloff/2020

https://wkusports.com/news/2020/12/2...-football.aspx

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow View Post
    Cant blame the players at all!

Can you imagine having the red carpet rolled out for you every year, and all the goodies that would entail? Heck, I'd enter the portal every year even if I planned on staying put, and I'd enjoy everything offered to me over the summer.
    Yes, you probably would.......if you are a narcissists, who needs to be coddled, and constantly told how beautiful you are.

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Yes, you probably would.......if you are a narcissists, who needs to be coddled, and constantly told how beautiful you are.
    Don't need all that, but I do appreciate a good vacation - or lots of vacations - with excellent (free) stuff.

There's probably sufficient coddling for the narcissist types going on already on the campus of the school they are attending.

It's kind of a free market/capitalist thing where you use your skills and knowledge to try to make your life better for yourself and your family. Unless you are working for free, you do the same thing.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Eventually, the G5 will just be a 1 year proving ground for players. Set the world on fire and transfer to a big school. Something to look forward to. Um, yay!
    Or maybe it balances out some (especially after the extra year of eligibility goes away) and enough examples turn up showing that the grass isn't always greener. Obviously, you'll always have some of this (I mean, it's a matter of scale already, right?) but it might not be that bad. And the trade-off is the ticked off 4-star already on my P5 roster who then goes in the portal and ends up being good for a G5 school.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Caleb Williams is being smart and using the rules to his advantage. One of two things will happen; either Oklahoma will come up with a boatload of cash for him to stay, or some other school in need of a QB will. NCAA football has essentially become NFL lite.

+ Reply to Thread